#3 Federal Hocking vs #11 Fairfield - March 3rd

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

#3 Federal Hocking vs #11 Fairfield - March 3rd

Post by 93Bulldog »

Federal Hocking is (15-4) after its win over Green.

Anyone have an updated record for Fairfield?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: #3 Federal Hocking vs #11 Fairfield - March 3rd

Post by danicalifornia »

Fairfield is 9-11

I honestly thought they had a better record, but they’ve played a really tough schedule.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Fairfield will win by 6-10 after free throws at the end.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fed Hock better win or I’m going to have some fun with a poster on here 😁.

Fed Hock is at home and more talented...but we’ll see. Fairfield very well prepped with their schedule but they’ll have to play very well. This won’t be a 90-74 game.

Fairfield 59
Fed Hock 56

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:22 am Fed Hock better win or I’m going to have some fun with a poster on here 😁.

Fed Hock is at home and more talented...but we’ll see. Fairfield very well prepped with their schedule but they’ll have to play very well. This won’t be a 90-74 game.

Fairfield 59
Fed Hock 56
I wonder whom that might be lol. Games are gonna get tougher. Lancers have lost one game at home all year. I think they find a way to win

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:33 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:22 am Fed Hock better win or I’m going to have some fun with a poster on here 😁.

Fairfield 59
Fed Hock 56
I wonder whom that might be lol. Games are gonna get tougher. Lancers have lost one game at home all year. I think they find a way to win
It wasn’t you was it?

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

I havent made any predictions lately. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised with anything at this point. Fairfield plays in a great league. I’m hoping for an all TVC district final. Lancers really shot it well last night. They continue that they will be hard to handle. Hunter Smith hasn’t played much in the past 2 games due to an injury. He is a game changer when he’s healthy.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:07 am I havent made any predictions lately. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised with anything at this point. Fairfield plays in a great league. I’m hoping for an all TVC district final. Lancers really shot it well last night. They continue that they will be hard to handle. Hunter Smith hasn’t played much in the past 2 games due to an injury. He is a game changer when he’s healthy.
It wasn’t you.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:10 am
JC2124 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:07 am I havent made any predictions lately. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised with anything at this point. Fairfield plays in a great league. I’m hoping for an all TVC district final. Lancers really shot it well last night. They continue that they will be hard to handle. Hunter Smith hasn’t played much in the past 2 games due to an injury. He is a game changer when he’s healthy.
It wasn’t you.
Ok good lol. It’s all good anyways. I’m thankful to get to talk about all these games. After all the covid bs I didn’t think it would happen. Some really good games coming up that I really wanna watch!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yes he is. What I worry is the Lancers keep playing these high scoring games which are fun but either the competition isn’t great or the defense is lacking. Fairfield plays a gritty style and will defend well. I’ll be surprised if this is a 75-65 Fed Hock or Fairfield win. I think this game will be upper 50’s....if it isn’t I’ll take FH to hold suit. Home court might be the difference. FF didn’t do as well in the league as many expected but are still solid.

#1 key....pace of game. Whoever controls the tempo wins.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

The Sampson kid for Green is an animal. Only a sophomore. Reminds me a lot of Blake Guffey, only taller. If the game is in the 50s I think we lose that. We have to push the pace. We have a lot of players scoring right now which puts pressure on Fairfield. We have the depth to push the pace. Don’t know how deep Fairfield goes. Haven’t seen their roster. It’s gonna be a good one I believe.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I looked more in depth at the FF results...looks like they give up on the average maybe around 55 points. They’ve recently given up mid 60’s -70 to North Adams and at Whiteoak but they also held Eastern Brown and Hillsboro to under 50 points in regulation. The ISJ wasn’t high scoring...I really think their focus against the tougher teams is to be physical and long possessions.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:46 am
I looked more in depth at the FF results...looks like they give up on the average maybe around 55 points. They’ve recently given up mid 60’s -70 to North Adams and at Whiteoak but they also held Eastern Brown and Hillsboro to under 50 points in regulation. The ISJ wasn’t high scoring...I really think their focus against the tougher teams is to be physical and long possessions.
Lancers avg 70 points a game. Average points allowed 54.8. Tempo will be the key to this game. Lancers are shooting 30.3% from 3 on the season as well. The Green stats arent up yet. That percentage will be a little higher now. They hit 9 in the first half last night.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TVC Round-Up

DIV District Semi-Finals

After sectional championship wins Saturday, the Trimble Tomcats and Federal Hocking Lancers begin district tournament play this Wednesday when they welcome a pair of Southern Hills League teams to Athens County. Trimble (18-3) will face Peebles (11-6) at William White Gymnasium and Federal Hocking (15-4) takes on Fairfield (9-11) inside McInturf Gymnasium in Stewart. But don’t let the mediocre records or lower seed fool you, Peebles and Fairfield play in the rugged SHL, which may be the most competitive basketball league in the Southeast District. Eastern Brown, Whiteoak, North Adams, Lynchburg-Clay, Manchester - and Peebles/Fairfield – have all enjoyed great success and long tournament runs over the years. Fairfield in particular is notorious for showing up at the Convocation Center with a sub .500 record, but ends up being one of the better DIV teams there. Playing stiff competition all season long inside their own league, more often than not, prepares the SHL teams for post season play. They eat, breath and sleep basketball over on the west side of the district and most of the schools don’t even have football teams – it’s all about the round ball.

The game in Glouster will be particularly interesting as it includes two of the best coaches in the entire district with Howie Caldwell and Josh Arey. It also will be a match-up of our two 2020 DIV district champions, except the game is at William White which will be a nice advantage for the Tomcats. Peebles is coming off a 17-point win over South Gallia in the sectional finals, a team that Trimble beat by 10 and 15 this season. The match-up in Stewart should be very intriguing as well after the Lions surprisingly handled Ironton St. Joe on Saturday, the same Ironton St. Joe team that ended the Lancers season a year ago. Going on the road doesn’t seem to be an issue for Fairfield either as Saturday’s game took place in Ironton – but a spirited McInturf Gymnasium Wednesday will undoubtedly be a different animal. But again, don’t let the (9-11) record fool you. Fairfield lost to Peebles twice, once by 3 points and again by 6 and also took the No. 3 seed in D2, Hillsboro, to the wire before losing 55-51.

An inside look at the TVC vs SHL this year in the tournament.
Including boys and girls basketball, the TVC is (0-6) vs the SHL thus far. On the girl’s side: Peebles ended Belpre’s season by defeating the Lady Golden Eagles 59-33, and then did the same to the Lady Tomcats 66-40. Eastern Brown girls knocked Alexander out with a 62-34 win. On the boy’s side: Peebles defeated South Gallia 67-50, North Adams ran past Nelsonville-York 77-61 and Eastern Brown cruised past Alexander 74-45. The TVC is yet to even stay close to an SHL team during the post season – perhaps that changes Wednesday night. Both games can be heard live on 105.5FM or 97.1FM or via the Power 105 app.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

If you’re a lion fan, watch where you sit in that gym!

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:53 pm If you’re a lion fan, watch where you sit in that gym!
Why is that lol? It’s a good place to watch a game. Visitors set on the right side of the stands. Our fans are pretty decent to visiting fans

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

McInturf Gymnasium is just as good of venue as Meigs, which normally hosts DIV sectionals.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Will they be selling tickets to the public for this one?

Live Like A Champion!
JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Logangrad wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:13 pm Will they be selling tickets to the public for this one?
I doubt that they sell them to the public. If you wanna come send me a pm.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:17 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:53 pm If you’re a lion fan, watch where you sit in that gym!
Why is that lol? It’s a good place to watch a game. Visitors set on the right side of the stands. Our fans are pretty decent to visiting fans
Since the convo isn’t hosting this year, the Phantom Deuce might make an appearance at its home court

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”