ROUND 3: Portsmouth West @ Wheelersburg

Proud_Pirate63
S

ROUND 3: Portsmouth West @ Wheelersburg

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Round 1: close for a quarter then lopsided victory by Wheelersburg.

Round 2: close for two quarters then lopsided victory by Wheelersburg.

Round 3:??

I expect an aggressive and physical game by both teams. Two good defenses, but can the Senators keep pace with the Pirates on the offensive end?

I’ll take the Pirates by 10-15.

Thoughts?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: ROUND 3: Portsmouth West @ Wheelersburg

Post by Ironman92 »

Burg too much, might win by 20

Good Luck to West though! 2020-21 SEOP team of the year

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Not enough offense from the Senators, Burg by 17

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

West has had a very good season. However, 2 blow outs by BURG is still lingering in their minds. It'll be hard fought but BURG with a double digit victory.

Good to see west in the district's again

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Really like the west basketball coach. I’ll go pirates by 1. That’s all that matters. This will be close to the end.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Burg.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I like Burg in this one Matthew Miller is playing his best ball of the year if he goes the team goes he is fun to watch! But West does create problems they are long and athletic and get after it on defense but with Miller running the point I like Burgs chances Burg 62 West 50

Burg grad 85
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West is playing their best ball right now.
The pressure is on Wheelersburg. They are home and are the higher seeded team.
This will be a battle

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

West can and should definitely play with a nothing to lose mentality. Might as well come out and just go at them. Burg is experienced. I think this one will be close for a bit, but Wheelersburg will come out on top. But again, this is March, crazy things happen in March.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

West is playing on house money and has nothing to lose. That alone should keep this game closer than their previous 2 meetings.

I still think Wheelersburg wins, but probably closer to the 8-12 point range than it being 20ish points again.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Burg wins this one as Miller will be the difference. Pirates have been solid all season and are used to playing games deep into the tourney. I'll say Burg by a score of 56-42.

No matter what happens though, West has to be ecstatic how this season turned out and about their basketball future as well. West got the right coach in there and with some solid talent coming up, they should be out of the SOC II basement for awhile. If the kids keep buying in, there shouldn't be another 23 year gap before their next Sectional Championship!*

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

West with no pressure, it’s all on the Pirates. West has seen them twice so they just need to come out and play as physical as they have played all year and don’t back off - smack them in the mouth (not literally). West will not beat them talent for talent so they have to rattle them and they could possibly do that physically. Officials usually let teams play more physical in the tournament so enter this game that way and see how they call it...

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

I’m gonna just go off the chart from everyone here. I’m taking West in this one. West played 1 good quarter the first time, 2 good quarters the second time, and I believe we will see 3 good quarters from them this time. Then nothing is more annoying to play a team that is 10 deep and runs a high pressure defense in the final quarter. West by 5-10. (Call me crazy) Its been a crazy year so why not??!

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Go Winnersburg
Last edited by PirateFan[69] on Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Stinks when our league teams have to play each other in the tourney...Pirates 66-54.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:37 pm I like Burg in this one Matthew Miller is playing his best ball of the year if he goes the team goes he is fun to watch! But West does create problems they are long and athletic and get after it on defense but with Miller running the point I like Burgs chances Burg 62 West 50
Agree about Matthew Miller, Burg will be a tough out for any team with Miller playing as well as he's been playing.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

I like Burg in this one with a final around 54-47
West will give it their all for a third time this season, but will fall short to the Miller Machine and co.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

When this group of seniors for Burg were Sophomores, I always thought JJ Truitt would be the one leading the charge if you will for Burg come his senior season. But seems like Miller has kinda take that role, in a sense it seems like he is the one who Burg counts on to get them thru at big moments.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Miller time

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

West was up 6-1 but Burg a small run and lead 7-6 with 40 seconds left in the first

Return to “Boys Basketball”