D3 Sweet 16- Wheelersburg (20-1) vs Worthington Christian (24-1)

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: D3 Sweet 16- Wheelersburg (20-1) vs Worthington Christian (24-1)

Post by LucasDavenport »

Every year when Wheelersburg loses we go through this discussion.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:59 pm Every year when Wheelersburg loses we go through this discussion.
Broken record

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:50 pm
RoundBall1 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:06 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:27 pm

Name me one other good athlete Burg has brought in in the last 5 years besides Truitt that has made a huge impact for them. I love these people who say Burg brings in these good "athletes" like we have them coming in by the droves!!!

These small private schools around the big cities can pick and chose who they want to bring in. I would say that 90% of those leftover kids would start for just about every team down here, Burg included.

Also, was curious as to who was the 6'8" kid sitting on the bench for them not even dressed to play. Heard he was from Haiti and was ineligible to play. Any truth to that?
Cole Lowery

Ok, I’ll give you Cole but not sure he didn’t make the decision on his own to come to Burg. Things had went stagnant for him at Portsmouth so he left. Turned out pretty well for him!
He came to burg partly because his mom got hired there.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:02 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:59 pm Every year when Wheelersburg loses we go through this discussion.
Broken record
The problem I have with it is when burg gets hammered with it when almost every team in the area has a positive CB. Burg usually has a higher one but the “burg recruits” gets old. Both head coaches for burg football and basketball would never promote it. They will coach whoever comes through the door but that’s it.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg gets the most recruits in SEO

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:24 pm
Broken record
The problem I have with it is when burg gets hammered with it when almost every team in the area has a positive CB. Burg usually has a higher one but the “burg recruits” gets old. Both head coaches for burg football and basketball would never promote it. They will coach whoever comes through the door but that’s it.

Like we said earlier woby, how many of these kids live in Patriot Ridge or Hunters Point. Not every kid that has came to Burg has been a superstar.

No one on here ever has any evidence that these so called coaches are out recruiting kids. I call BS on that.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:28 pm Burg gets the most recruits in SEO

Just can't give it up can you. You have ZERO evidence of that and from what my research showed me, it looks like kids that just want to come to Burg to play sports. I don't see any standout performers coming up in the next few years, but trust me, Burg will still continue to win because they have great coaches that teach these kids how to win as a team.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:50 pm
RoundBall1 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:06 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:27 pm

Name me one other good athlete Burg has brought in in the last 5 years besides Truitt that has made a huge impact for them. I love these people who say Burg brings in these good "athletes" like we have them coming in by the droves!!!

These small private schools around the big cities can pick and chose who they want to bring in. I would say that 90% of those leftover kids would start for just about every team down here, Burg included.

Also, was curious as to who was the 6'8" kid sitting on the bench for them not even dressed to play. Heard he was from Haiti and was ineligible to play. Any truth to that?
Cole Lowery

Ok, I’ll give you Cole but not sure he didn’t make the decision on his own to come to Burg. Things had went stagnant for him at Portsmouth so he left. Turned out pretty well for him!
And his mom was a teacher at Wheelersburg at the time, just made sense. Now as to Burg recruiting across multiple sports, I just don't see where it happens. Now travel along the river and you'll find a great school of Ironton which is buzzing with transfers.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:32 pm

Broken record

Like we said earlier woby, how many of these kids live in Patriot Ridge or Hunters Point. Not every kid that has came to Burg has been a superstar.

No one on here ever has any evidence that these so called coaches are out recruiting kids. I call BS on that.
Hunter's Point? There are like 8 houses in the entire subdivision lol.

And you have a kid at Burg RIGHT NOW that was recruited by a Burg jr high coach. Take that to the bank. You're unbelievable. I guess that should be expected from a former band member who never played a sport but acts like he knows all about sports.....

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Broken record

I am still waiting on what players live in Patriot Ridge.....

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:38 pm

2 softball players who were in the class of 20 lived there and 1 freshman boy who plays all 3 sports I believe lives there
may or may not be more but those come to mind

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:38 pm

Most of them I found are in Junior High. About 6-7 including one girl who played on the Junior High team.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:08 pm

Hunter's Point? There are like 8 houses in the entire subdivision lol.

And you have a kid at Burg RIGHT NOW that was recruited by a Burg jr high coach. Take that to the bank. You're unbelievable. I guess that should be expected from a former band member who never played a sport but acts like he knows all about sports.....

When you say recruited just what the hell does that even mean?? Is the kid getting paid? Did the Jr high coach get his parents a job? Just what the hell could they offer a JUNIOR HIGH kid to come to Burg????

You all kill me with this recruiting Junior High kids. You have no way of knowing how that kid is going to develop or how good of a player he will be!!!

Get over yourselves!!!! Most of you have hated Burg all of your life and you can't stand the fact that the win in just about every sport they participate in, so you have to come up with nonsense.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

My wife has informed me there are 4-5 families that live there that have kids go to burg
All ages but mostly k-8

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hunters point
Patriot ridge
Parts of 522
Parts of lick run Lyra.
Parts of 140

All three miles to four miles from burg schools yet
Not in district

Can someone tell me who’s coming from minford? I’d be happy to hear about the new kids.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:36 pm Hunters point
Patriot ridge
Parts of 522
Parts of lick run Lyra.
Parts of 140

All three miles to four miles from burg schools yet
Not in district

Can someone tell me who’s coming from minford? I’d be happy to hear about the new kids.

Bingo!! It was amazing how many of these kids live just outside the district so why wouldn’t they go to Burg!

Be interesting to know who the kid is that was recruited by the Junior High coach.

Anyone got a name of this player? Is he that big of an impact player? You all realize the kid can’t make this decision on his own. His parents have to have a day in the matter.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Burg doesn’t have to “recruit”. We all know if you want to win, you go to burg and get in the program. If I ever leave SW, I’d pick wheelersburg for my son to go to if he shows an interest in sports (he’s close to 5). I would imagine if burg was out here actively giving incentives to enroll, then SW’s first NCAAF star wouldn’t have went to Minford. Cmon man

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

If people have proof of rules breaking then report it. If not, it SOUNDS like a bunch of sour grapes. Again, recruiting alone hasn't led to over 40 years of sustained excellence in all major sports, both boys and girls.

Is a school district suppose to turn away a transfer? There is open enrollment for a reason, right? It could be a parent chooses to move to a particular district for both educational and athletic purposes.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Some of the same people on here defending Wheelersburg accuse Ironton of recruiting. If you are so sure Wheelersburg doesn't, then how are you so sure others do? Speculate, evidence, envy, or just read the tea leaves like everyone else?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:20 pm Some of the same people on here defending Wheelersburg accuse Ironton of recruiting. If you are so sure Wheelersburg doesn't, then how are you so sure others do? Speculate, evidence, envy, or just read the tea leaves like everyone else?
This is my problem with it. Yabba and woby complain on any thread that mentions Ironton and how they have “recruits,” but will give you any run around or excuse imaginable when a kid moves into Burg.... It’s exhausting to be honest. How the blinders can be that thick I will never quite know.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”