D3 Sweet 16- Wheelersburg (20-1) vs Worthington Christian (24-1)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: D3 Sweet 16- Wheelersburg (20-1) vs Worthington Christian (24-1)

Post by Raider6309 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:39 am If a kid comes to a school and his parents live out of the district but then move into that school district , is that kid still counted towards the CB???
If you live in the school district it adds nothing to CB. It’s only when you still live outside the district. Looks like a few kids on Wheelersburg live outside the district

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 pm Your competitive balance says otherwise.
Wheelersburg recruits the most in SEO. Tri state all stars :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:25 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 pm Your competitive balance says otherwise.
You make generalized statements. But you are consistent. I’ll give you that.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:54 am So basically what I am gathering from this is that WC is Burg in a bigger scaled area? Because what the Burg people are complaining about with WC seems very similar to what Southern Ohio schools complain about with Burg. WC and Burg just come about it in different ways. For WC, it seems they get the leftover kids who may not quite play for the bigger surrounding schools but are still very good players. For Burg, they get a lot of good athletes come in because they are the program with the most success in this area and kids want to be apart of that. Same answer, different equation.

Name me one other good athlete Burg has brought in in the last 5 years besides Truitt that has made a huge impact for them. I love these people who say Burg brings in these good "athletes" like we have them coming in by the droves!!!

These small private schools around the big cities can pick and chose who they want to bring in. I would say that 90% of those leftover kids would start for just about every team down here, Burg included.

Also, was curious as to who was the 6'8" kid sitting on the bench for them not even dressed to play. Heard he was from Haiti and was ineligible to play. Any truth to that?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:23 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:39 am If a kid comes to a school and his parents live out of the district but then move into that school district , is that kid still counted towards the CB???
If you live in the school district it adds nothing to CB. It’s only when you still live outside the district. Looks like a few kids on Wheelersburg live outside the district
Quite a few do. And if you knew the area you would see why. But like I said. Generalized statements

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I see you're still showing how big of a whiner you are. Other than Truitt, who has the Burg "recruited" in over the last 5 years?

NM5050
Waterboy

Post by NM5050 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 pm
NM5050 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:00 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:31 am

I agree with that and I’ll add to it. The size of the schools in the worthington area are a big factor as well. Imagine trying to make the varsity of a d1 or d2 high school. Worthington Christian and harvest preps can pick up a lot of 8 or 9th mans at big schools to start for them who possibly could be all district/state players in our area
Worthington Christian doesn’t operate like Harvest Prep or most of these basketball factory schools. Wheelersburg lost, they’re a great team but once WC unleashed and it was over. During the regular season WC beat 5 different district champions and 2 runner ups in all 4 divisions. 5 of 7 top players are playing at scholarship schools in college. The freshman will be D1 player and playing for All-Ohio Red this summer. All but 1 are WC lifers and if they all went to their home schools they would all be starters and probably main guys at those schools. Which all of them live in Westerville or Olentangy school districts. Please quit with this big town narrative, it’s getting old. Just like Wheelersburg kids these kids grew up in the Warrior league at WC together. They deserve this just like the next.
Your competitive balance says otherwise.
Do you know one player counts as 7 and players coming in after 7th grade for competitive balance? Plus it’s last years numbers not the current year. Like I said only 1 player that played in last night game is a so called competitive balance player from Upper Arlington who came in the 10th grade and btw was a starter at UA. His best friends go to WC so that’s the reason he transferred. Not basketball related at all.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

NM5050 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:34 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Worthington Christian doesn’t operate like Harvest Prep or most of these basketball factory schools. Wheelersburg lost, they’re a great team but once WC unleashed and it was over. During the regular season WC beat 5 different district champions and 2 runner ups in all 4 divisions. 5 of 7 top players are playing at scholarship schools in college. The freshman will be D1 player and playing for All-Ohio Red this summer. All but 1 are WC lifers and if they all went to their home schools they would all be starters and probably main guys at those schools. Which all of them live in Westerville or Olentangy school districts. Please quit with this big town narrative, it’s getting old. Just like Wheelersburg kids these kids grew up in the Warrior league at WC together. They deserve this just like the next.
Your competitive balance says otherwise.
Do you know one player counts as 7 and players coming in after 7th grade for competitive balance? Plus it’s last years numbers not the current year. Like I said only 1 player that played in last night game is a so called competitive balance player from Upper Arlington who came in the 10th grade and btw was a starter at UA. His best friends go to WC so that’s the reason he transferred. Not basketball related at all.
Ok. Lol.

NM5050
Waterboy

Post by NM5050 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:14 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:31 am

I agree with that and I’ll add to it. The size of the schools in the worthington area are a big factor as well. Imagine trying to make the varsity of a d1 or d2 high school. Worthington Christian and harvest preps can pick up a lot of 8 or 9th mans at big schools to start for them who possibly could be all district/state players in our area

Unleashed what??? The trapping and smacking and shoving to steal a ball and the regional officials putting their whistles in there back pockets??? Is that the unleashing you are talking about. 1 foul called the entire 4th qtr. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's bullshit the way these regional tournament games are called. The only thing that kept you in the game in the first half were free throws as I believe you hit all 10 you made in the first half. Hell, Burg didn't even shoot 10 free throws all game. Kind of hard to shoot free throws when the other team only has 2 fouls called on them in a half. I'm sorry but that's impossible to do at the HS level especially against a team like Burg who was taking the ball to the hole at will but couldn't get a call in the first half.

I wasn't going to say anything about the officiating but don't give me that "unleashed" bullshit and expect someone to not say something. 9 team fouls on WC the entire game. 2 in the FIRST HALF. 6 in the 3rd quarter and 1 at the very start of the 4th qtr and that with playing a very aggressive defense at the end of the game.
Better be glad we have enough respect not to start pressing you guys from the get go and our D1 Libery commit was in foul trouble most of the 4 quarter and couldn’t just take guys off the dribble. Great team but the better team won and as soon as we turned it on the whole game changed. We only been in 2 games in the 4th quarter all season. So I guess something we weren’t used too. Being in games that is.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

NM5050 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:42 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:14 pm

Unleashed what??? The trapping and smacking and shoving to steal a ball and the regional officials putting their whistles in there back pockets??? Is that the unleashing you are talking about. 1 foul called the entire 4th qtr. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's bullshit the way these regional tournament games are called. The only thing that kept you in the game in the first half were free throws as I believe you hit all 10 you made in the first half. Hell, Burg didn't even shoot 10 free throws all game. Kind of hard to shoot free throws when the other team only has 2 fouls called on them in a half. I'm sorry but that's impossible to do at the HS level especially against a team like Burg who was taking the ball to the hole at will but couldn't get a call in the first half.

I wasn't going to say anything about the officiating but don't give me that "unleashed" bullshit and expect someone to not say something. 9 team fouls on WC the entire game. 2 in the FIRST HALF. 6 in the 3rd quarter and 1 at the very start of the 4th qtr and that with playing a very aggressive defense at the end of the game.
Better be glad we have enough respect not to start pressing you guys from the get go and our D1 Libery commit was in foul trouble most of the 4 quarter and couldn’t just take guys off the dribble. Great team but the better team won and as soon as we turned it on the whole game changed. We only been in 2 games in the 4th quarter all season. So I guess something we weren’t used too. Being in games that is.

I didn't really see D1 material out of him. 22 was the best player on your team. Any team that is allowed to play aggressive with no calls going against them should be able to take over a game with steals and other turnovers. Those three officials should have just left the court in the 4th qtr because they were non-existent

As far as 0 having 4 fouls on him, a good coach would have taken advantage of that and posted whoever he was guarding down low and they would have scored at will on him as he couldn't do anything to stop that. Burg's coach for some reason only took advantage of that one time and Burg scored off of it.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:28 pm Quite a few do. And if you knew the area you would see why. But like I said. Generalized statements
I think its hilarious you whine about other schools for doing what Burg has done for years. Some schools just recruit better

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:05 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:28 pm Quite a few do. And if you knew the area you would see why. But like I said. Generalized statements
I think its hilarious you whine about other schools for doing what Burg has done for years. Some schools just recruit better

It's funny how you always run your mouth about Burg and recruiting yet you can never produce names of these so called "recruited" players.

Haters always going to hate winners. Been going on for years

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:11 pm It's funny how you always run your mouth about Burg and recruiting yet you can never produce names of these so called "recruited" players.

So Ohsaa must be lying

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:29 pm

I see you're still showing how big of a whiner you are. Other than Truitt, who has the Burg "recruited" in over the last 5 years?
Really?

What sport do you want to start with?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The jr high team coaches have been very active in talking to kids and getting them to transfer in several sports over the last 5 years. Thats a fact.

And before you roast me for stating what really happens, understand that I dont blame the kids that have transferred to Burg. Or Ironton.

Hell most of the coaches in all sports in this area are too lazy to even pick up the phone and talk to a college coach about recruiting their kids. Most (outside of football and some basketball) have to give the coaching position to some lazy teacher who doesnt know the game they are coaching just because they are a school employee and they have to offer it to them first.

But lets not sit here and act like it doesnt happen at Burg. Or Ironton. It happens a lot. And again, I cant blame the kids for getting away from a lousy coach and go to a program where they will get exposure to potentially play a sport in college.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:27 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:29 pm

Really?

What sport do you want to start with?

Basketball!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:20 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:11 pm It's funny how you always run your mouth about Burg and recruiting yet you can never produce names of these so called "recruited" players.

So Ohsaa must be lying

There is a subdivision called Patriot Ridge that quite a few of the Burg football players live in. It is actually in the Green township school district. Since they go to Burg they are considered open enrollment which in turn raises up the Burg CB number.

As far as basketball I'm guessing Truitt and Sanderlin give the Burg the CB number they have.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:35 pm

So Ohsaa must be lying

There is a subdivision called Patriot Ridge that quite a few of the Burg football players live in. It is actually in the Green township school district. Since they go to Burg they are considered open enrollment which in turn raises up the Burg CB number.

As far as basketball I'm guessing Truitt and Sanderlin give the Burg the CB number they have.
What Burg football players live in Patriot Ridge?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I don't have names right now but I can get them. That's what I was told from a reliable source at the school where some of the kids live.

I know the Gregg kid came in last year but was told he was living with his Mom in an apartment in the Burg so Burg's CB number had to come from somewhere.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:35 pm

So Ohsaa must be lying

I think you just answered your own question. 2 of the 5 best basketball players at Wheelers burg

As far as the other comments about lack of foul calls. I'm sure Wheelersburg was perfectly fine the way the West game was officiated last week?

Return to “Boys Basketball”