Gallia Academy vs Unioto...D2 District Final

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Gallia Academy vs Unioto...D2 District Final

Post by Ironman92 »

Game in Piketon

Which storybook ending happens?

Unioto should win by 15 but Gallia Academy won’t care about any of that.

If Unioto shoots 30+% from the field they’ll win.

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Gallia Academy vs Unioto...D2 District Final

Post by bbjunky81 »

Unioto is definitely better and has a couple bigger bodies to throw at Clary.

I like Unioto to win something like 56-37

Watching SE Ohio basketball
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Gallia beat a pretty good team to get here plus they beat Hillsboro. You’re right i92. They don’t care what we’ve done or what seed we or they are. They’re gonna fight and scrap for a district title tomorrow night.

I like where we are right now but I keep seeing MT and Westfall in my rear view so I’m not gonna be over confident. At this stage of the game records or seedings DO NOT MATTER. I see a tight one tomorrow night in the oven

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:32 pm Gallia beat a pretty good team to get here plus they beat Hillsboro. You’re right i92. They don’t care what we’ve done or what seed we or they are. They’re gonna fight and scrap for a district title tomorrow night.

I like where we are right now but I keep seeing MT and Westfall in my rear view so I’m not gonna be over confident. At this stage of the game records or seedings DO NOT MATTER. I see a tight one tomorrow night in the oven
You are correct. You resemble the team of you last two games and move on

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I have no idea about what the stats would say in the Ironmen vs Gallia Academy game last night. It just seemed to me as if Jackson turned the Blue Devils over an awful lot of times last night, a lot of it was good defense, but there was an awful lot of unforced turnovers as well. Not taking anything away from Gallia, they fought the whole game and probably deserved to win the game. After watching Unioto 3 or 4 times this year, I feel as if they play pretty good defense. I just think that the Blue Devils had better clean up their offensive game, especially their guard play, where as the Ironmen didn't take advantage by missing a lot of easy shots, ( I don't even want to think about the missed free throws) I wouldn't expect the Sherman's to do likewise. I would also be very surprised if Gallia can hold Unioto to less than 40 points. On the other hand, I guess that's why they play the game. The Blue Devils no doubt probably feel as if they are playing with house money.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

When you get this far, you’re playing well. Anything can happen.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good Luck GA.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

E High wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:54 pm When you get this far, you’re playing well. Anything can happen.
I watched a 5 win Southeastern team win a district title a few years ago and beat some pretty good teams to do it. Health and timing are a huge factor this time of year and as you said ANYTHING can happen.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Its a new season come T time this Gallia team is young with a bright future they beat two good teams to get this far so no matter what happens the next game they can't hang there heads. Good luck Gallia

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Will this game be live streamed?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:17 am Will this game be live streamed?
It’ll probably cost ya $10+ But yes it will be live streamed

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Peaking at the perfect time! Great job Coach Harrison and the players.

Hillsboro was undefeated at home, beat them
Jackson was undefeated at home, beat them

Unioto lucky they aren’t playing at home. Road warrior Blue Devils as a 14 seed going for a district championship. If we can score 40 I think we’ll win. Not great offense in this game but two great defenses.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Vik wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:37 am Peaking at the perfect time! Great job Coach Harrison and the players.

Hillsboro was undefeated at home, beat them
Jackson was undefeated at home, beat them

Unioto lucky they aren’t playing at home. Road warrior Blue Devils as a 14 seed going for a district championship. If we can score 40 I think we’ll win. Not great offense in this game but two great defenses.
Our offense is pretty solid. Like everyone else we have our nights but I don’t think this one is gonna be played under 40. Those Piketon rims can be a little stingy tho

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Gallia Academy was an underdog to Jackson, so they are in a familiar spot. Unioto will be a tougher test, but regardless of the outcome, the Blue Devils have accounted for themselves and the OVC very well.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

trojandave wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:20 pm Gallia Academy was an underdog to Jackson, so they are in a familiar spot. Unioto will be a tougher test, but regardless of the outcome, the Blue Devils have accounted for themselves and the OVC very well.
The only thing I know about GA is common opponents. We lost to Boro and they beat them. That’s all we need to know. They’ve earned our respect and will get our full attention tonight. Should be one of those grind it out, physical, tight ball games

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:23 pm
trojandave wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:20 pm Gallia Academy was an underdog to Jackson, so they are in a familiar spot. Unioto will be a tougher test, but regardless of the outcome, the Blue Devils have accounted for themselves and the OVC very well.
The only thing I know about GA is common opponents. We lost to Boro and they beat them. That’s all we need to know. They’ve earned our respect and will get our full attention tonight. Should be one of those grind it out, physical, tight ball games
They lost to Athens and you guys blasted Athens

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:04 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:23 pm
They lost to Athens and you guys blasted Athens
Lucky

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

GA vs Athens was the first game of the season .

E High
All State

Post by E High »

mlittle wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:41 am
E High wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:54 pm When you get this far, you’re playing well. Anything can happen.
I watched a 5 win Southeastern team win a district title a few years ago and beat some pretty good teams to do it. Health and timing are a huge factor this time of year and as you said ANYTHING can happen.
Might have been Southeastern ?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

E High wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:23 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:41 am
Might have been Southeastern ?
Yes, I posted a 5 win Southeastern team lol.

Return to “Boys Basketball”