Re: Unioto vs DeSales...Regional Semi 3/11

Post by Ironman92 »

Sorry mlittle....I tried

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:02 pm Sorry mlittle....I tried
Solid showing. Made a couple mistakes late game and it might’ve cost us. But dang it’s hard to really pick at our game tonight. We did a lot right and still lost. They just have a load of athletes. And let me tell ya they let em play.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Desales and Worthington Christian both escaped

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:08 pm Desales and Worthington Christian both escaped
That’s all that matters this time of year

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Yes sir.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Tough loss tonight, just a couple plays away from pulling that one out. Those Unioto boys and fans have nothing to hang their heads about. Great season & way to represent the Svc.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to Unioto on an outstanding season.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Solid season Unioto

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I still hate how these games are officiated. The crew we had did a decent game considering where the sport is headed. It was fairly called. I know I sound like a broken record but I don’t like the direction the sport has gone over the last 5-6 years with how these games are being called. I just don’t think it’s good for the sport. Just one mans opinion

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

mlittle wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:16 am I still hate how these games are officiated. The crew we had did a decent game considering where the sport is headed. It was fairly called. I know I sound like a broken record but I don’t like the direction the sport has gone over the last 5-6 years with how these games are being called. I just don’t think it’s good for the sport. Just one mans opinion
Not disagreeing at all. Wasn't there a push a few years back to tighten things up, especially with the hand checks and in the post? Seems like that's no longer a point of emphasis.

Playing in the CCL, DeSales is probably used to a super physical game, so having it being officiated like this definitely helps them.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Snowman wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:29 am
mlittle wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:16 am I still hate how these games are officiated. The crew we had did a decent game considering where the sport is headed. It was fairly called. I know I sound like a broken record but I don’t like the direction the sport has gone over the last 5-6 years with how these games are being called. I just don’t think it’s good for the sport. Just one mans opinion
Not disagreeing at all. Wasn't there a push a few years back to tighten things up, especially with the hand checks and in the post? Seems like that's no longer a point of emphasis.

Playing in the CCL, DeSales is probably used to a super physical game, so having it being officiated like this definitely helps them.
We are a physical team as well. I really think the difference last night was their top 2-3 athletes were just better athletes than our top 2-3. I’m not even just talking about last nights game. It’s every game. The 2 hand checks on the guards is another that baffles me. Athleticism is being rewarded over skill. There has to be a middle ground somewhere.

Return to “Boys Basketball”