Updates: D4 at SEHS - New Boston upcoming vs GH

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Updates: D4 at SEHS - New Boston upcoming vs GH

Post by formerfcfan »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:32 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:45 pm
O RLY?

It’s weird how the few times SE beats Central in D4 regional (Grandview ‘21, BU ‘19) it happens because those teams are considered ‘not good.’ Especially when both wins are from a program whose CB# is higher than their 9-11 EMIS count. Pleasantly ironic twist after years of reading SEOPs and seeing folks complain about Africentric, FCA, Newark Catholic, GCC, Harvest Prep and Wellington when those teams came up in Regionals.
I think you might slightly be misconstruing what I was trying to say.... all of SEO basketball fans got used to an absolutely LOADED team coming down from the D4 Central district each year (Wellington, Harvest, WC, Africentric etc).. the teams we see come down now are obviously nowhere near that level (which I'm thankful for!). I mean, is it really wrong to state the obvious that Grandview Heights this year was nowhere near the above mentioned 4 schools when they came down for the regional 2007-2017 ish years?

In terms of the CB number for NB you're not going to get much argument from many posters around here :lol:
Fair!

Figured I would rib you two on it. That FCA team was buns. The ‘19 BU team Actually Was A Good Team... I was greatly disappointed that we lost to them at ODU because we matched up far better with NB than they did.

This year’s GH graduated so much. I was pleasantly surprised to see them almost claw back, though.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Grandview played very hard and definitely seemed well coach... they just didn't seem to have anywhere near the horses they did last year (which is a DUH comment considering the studs they graduated).

They had a great season, nonetheless. End of the day their season ended in the Regionals.... Hundreds of teams across the state wish they could say the same.
Last edited by bbjunky81 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I knew my FCA post would bring you out old Friend!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:11 pm I knew my FCA post would bring you out old Friend!
Hey, as the resident Central District advocate (or hater) I take the bait when I can. :D

Good luck to NB against Hiland.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:51 pm Grandview played very hard and definitely seemed well coach... they just didn't seem to have anywhere near the horses they did last year (which is a DUH comment considering the studs they graduated).

They had a great season, nonetheless. End of the day their season ended in the Regionals.... Hundreds of teams across the state wish they could say the same.
I have followed Grandview Hts for about 5 years. Last years team graduated 7 of the top 8 players. This year was a start of a rebuild. Last years Grandview Hts Freshmen team finished 15-1 and knew the majority of that team would be on the varsity this year. I figured Grandview would struggle in League play- and they did 1-8. I saw they down scheduled this year to get some experience for the young kids. Non conference finished up 5-1 beating Johnstown Northridge, Berne Union, Tree of Life, New Hope Christian and Liberty Union. There non conference loss was to Centerburg. I was surprised they finished the regular season at 6-9. I was thinking on 2 or 3 wins. They improved as the season went and were able to get 3 wins in the tourney to win the District Championship. I am sure nobody in Bobcat Nation was expecting this team to playing in a Regional Semi-Final and have a 9-9 record.
As for the game Grandview's youth showed- it was disappointing that Grandview could not convert on many opportunities that had. I can say that to lose by 2 to a team that for a least on week this year was rated #1 in the State in Division IV is nothing to be disappointed in.
The future in very bright for Grandview Hts- they will graduate 2 seniors but the core will return. Grandview Hts has won 3 straight District Championship in row in basketball. Next year they will start to climb the latter in the Mid State Ohio Division and in 2023 I would expect one of Grandview goals may be to get to the State Tournament.
This year was such a success for Grandview Hts regardless of the lose to New Boston. Also, not to mention Grandview had 3 Covid shut downs that caused numerous game cancellations and a few rescheduled.
Good Luck to New Boston vs Berlin Hiland.

Return to “Boys Basketball”