Offseason Rumblings

FIDO
S

Re: Offseason Rumblings

Post by FIDO »

Is there any more scuttlebutt on retirements and hirings? It has been quiet, lately

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

I’m surprised the Ironton head coach position hasn’t been announced yet

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Most BOE are approving hires for sports supplementals in the upcoming BOE meetings either Monday or the first week in May ...

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Kyle Bradley from Adena to Huntington

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:58 pm Kyle Bradley from Adena to Huntington
And Uhrig is the new girls coach.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Sounds like there was a ruckus at the Greenfield Board Meeting last night.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

HamPorter wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:26 pm Sounds like there was a ruckus at the Greenfield Board Meeting last night.
I'm all for a good ruckus at the local school board meeting, but I draw the line when it turns into a fracas.*

E High
All State

Post by E High »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:07 pm
HamPorter wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:26 pm Sounds like there was a ruckus at the Greenfield Board Meeting last night.
I'm all for a good ruckus at the local school board meeting, but I draw the line when it turns into a fracas.*
When these splineless boards have made up their minds, there’s little anyone can say or do to change their minds. It’s the job of the AD , principal, super to make most of these decisions

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

The McClain situation is a complete s**t show. AD gives the head coach a great evaluation and then the Board steps in and says we're going in a different direction. If the Board doesn't trust the AD's recommendation, then maybe they should remove the AD as well. None of this surprises me based on the name of the Board President.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I hope to never hate anything as much as E High hates school boards.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

LOL crab! Having spoke with several superintendents and ex board members over my career, I have put together one idea of why BOE's seem to be so involved in extra curricular coaches and advisors. They come into the job thinking that they will set rules and bylaws for the district to operate under, only to find out that the state and federal government control nearly every aspect of the educational process. They control the hiring of personnel and such, but very little of the operations are able to be changed. The one area that BOE's have complete control, coaches and advisors! So, that's why they seem to be so involved in them. Again, JMO!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:08 pm I hope to never hate anything as much as E High hates school boards.
I have tremendous respect for most boards. Thankless job. Had a family on a school board for 30+ years. But the bad apple school boards are getting out of line in many of these coaching decisions. They have Way more important issues to tackle. Good luck coaches and players 👏👍

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

E High wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:26 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:08 pm I hope to never hate anything as much as E High hates school boards.
I have tremendous respect for most boards. Thankless job. Had a family on a school board for 30+ years. But the bad apple school boards are getting out of line in many of these coaching decisions. They have Way more important issues to tackle. Good luck coaches and players 👏👍
I agree with you, The school board is designed and set up to take recommendations from Administrators on Staffing, coaches, curriculum, etc... Too many hidden agendas that should not play a role ! The Board hires the employees and should trust their judgement on their hiring process of getting HQ coaches. JMO

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

copied from ohioschoolboards.org

What a school board member doesn’t do

The role and function of board members often are misinterpreted by the public, and in some cases, by board members themselves. The board is a policymaking body and members are the chief advisers to the superintendent on community attitudes. Board members do not manage the day-to-day operations of a school district; they see to it that the system is managed well by professionals.

Board members are not education professionals. They do not evaluate staff, other than the superintendent and treasurer, nor do they become involved in employment interviews, other than those of the superintendent, business manager and treasurer. Board members may be consulted during the hiring process for other positions, such as assistant superintendent.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Hearing that Ironton has made a hire and will be announced soon

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Any hints at who it might be?

joeshmo
Waterboy

Post by joeshmo »

Will be a great hire if the rumor is true, How long does it take to be announced?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bfan99 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:03 am Hearing that Ironton has made a hire and will be announced soon
Gonna be a great hire if what I’m hearing is true...

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I heard from a very reliable source that the job was offered back to Fitch and he turned it down. Hard to blame him after he was clearly undercut for no apparent reason.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

This doesn’t look good for Tiger Hoops . Should have rehired Fitch in the first place . Too many politics involved.

Return to “Boys Basketball”