Offseason Rumblings

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Re: Offseason Rumblings

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Big Blue Nation wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:16 pm Heard that Norm resigned this past Thursday
Did he resign on his own or was this instigated by the board?

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

From what I was told he resigned because of health problems that he had this past year . I’m sure the transfers also dealt heavily with his decision.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Norm's resignation confirmed by Portsmouth Daily Times on the twitter this morning. Valley job is now open. Any other jobs still open?*

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Jacob Wells has been named Head Coach at Ironton St. Joe.

rocky1979
Waterboy

Post by rocky1979 »

Any update on the South Gallia position?

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

rocky1979 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:59 am Any update on the South Gallia position?
Saw where it was just posted

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Who are the players from Valley who transferred out?

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

Perkins is the one that went to Ironton for FB. Not sure of the other ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Prince wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:40 pm Perkins is the one that went to Ironton for FB. Not sure of the other ?
Ouch! that leaves a BIG (6-4) hole in the Indians lineup ... Perkins and Stuart were reasons to have the Indians in a race to the /Convo this upcoming season ... drops them in the preseason rankings for sure ... then the news that Norm will not be returning courtside? double blow to Valley ... if anyone has the 2nd transfer please post ...

Richard Noggin
Riding the Bench

Post by Richard Noggin »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:53 pm
Prince wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:40 pm Perkins is the one that went to Ironton for FB. Not sure of the other ?
Ouch! that leaves a BIG (6-4) hole in the Indians lineup ... Perkins and Stuart were reasons to have the Indians in a race to the /Convo this upcoming season ... drops them in the preseason rankings for sure ... then the news that Norm will not be returning courtside? double blow to Valley ... if anyone has the 2nd transfer please post ...
Metzler.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Richard Noggin wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:53 pm
Metzler.
Thank you Richard Noggin & Prince for the information - I have neem reading this thread, wondering why IF the players HAVE in fact transferred the names were being posted ... I get it if it is just speculation but it they are enrolled in another school it should be all good to post imo ... thanks guys

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Does anyone know of a coach from southern Ohio who coached at Jackson City Kentucky last 2-3 years ? He’s up for a couple local jobs, supposedly ?

rocky1979
Waterboy

Post by rocky1979 »

E High wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:08 am Does anyone know of a coach from southern Ohio who coached at Jackson City Kentucky last 2-3 years ? He’s up for a couple local jobs, supposedly ?
Jackson city Kentucky?
Last edited by rocky1979 on Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Where is locally to you e high?

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:30 pm

Metzler.
Thank you Richard Noggin & Prince for the information - I have neem reading this thread, wondering why IF the players HAVE in fact transferred the names were being posted ... I get it if it is just speculation but it they are enrolled in another school it should be all good to post imo ... thanks guys

I am not sure what is rumored and what is confirmed. I heard that the Valley transfers were Metzler and Dillow to Notre Dame and Perkins to Ironton. Also heard a few other pretty big time transfers to Notre Dame; Sammons (GC), Bryant (PHS), and another big name I can't think of (Zimmerman I believe). Again, these are just rumors until somebody confirms them. If all is true, Notre Dame will be stacked.

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

What initiated all of this Notre Dame movement? Are there some travel ball connections?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I’m really not sure. Pretty sure Sammons was at ND, left and came back. Metzler has family members teaching/coaching at ND. Not sure about some of the others. Religious reasons maybe? Who knows.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

transplant wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:29 am Where is locally to you e high?
Southern Ohio. Sorry.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

I would like someone with better knowledge what is rile on trsnsfers considering we just finish a year of Corona virus. Did anything change? Thanks

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Pantherfan wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:29 am
pfloyd wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:30 pm

Metzler.

I am not sure what is rumored and what is confirmed. I heard that the Valley transfers were Metzler and Dillow to Notre Dame and Perkins to Ironton. Also heard a few other pretty big time transfers to Notre Dame; Sammons (GC), Bryant (PHS), and another big name I can't think of (Zimmerman I believe). Again, these are just rumors until somebody confirms them. If all is true, Notre Dame will be stacked.
Zimmerman from SW?

Return to “Boys Basketball”