Worthington Christian vs. Fairland - Elite 8

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Re: Worthington Christian vs. Fairland - Elite 8

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

NM5050 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:33 pm We can get to state and get beat by Cincinnati Taft of Lutheran East but I bet I won’t be on message boards talking woulda shoulda coulda.
But you kind of are now.... and you won.

Post by bsee12345 »

Worthington Christian wins. Its a game of matchups and Wheelersburg matched up well with WC along with Wheelersburg shooting the ball well. Do not know what the shooting percentages were but Wheelersburg had to shoot the ball better. Fairland I think is a step slower than Worthington Christian. Every team seems to have a game that they just win and survive and believe that game for Worthington Christian was with Wheelersburg.
Good Luck to both teams, I would think that Cincinnati Taft will the next man up for the winner.

RHRedmenLive
Freshman Team

Post by RHRedmenLive »

Go Dragons Go!!

Yessir!
Waterboy

Post by Yessir! »

NM5050 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:38 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:56 pm
Yessir! wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:38 am

WC all the way! They had a down game and still pulled it out. Fairland will need a miracle!

Now last nights game against Burg was because WC had a down game. Gimme a freaking break. WC pulled that one out of there arse. Burg gets some calls on those traps and hits some free throws that game is a blowout win for Burg
Oh now since we can’t say it’s the was because of competitive balance we are blaming the refs and coaches now? You guys only had 9 TO. We usually TO teams 18 times a game so on paper you guys should have beat us. Our stars, 0 and 22 were a combined 1-14 from 3. Your 2 man guys 12 and 21 were combined 13-19 and we still won. 35 or your team that was probably his best game ever. Try coming to our league, you wouldn’t even be a .500 team. Good team, great game but if we played again it wouldn’t even be a game.
I agree with what he said ip there ☝️

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I truly believe Fairland will win this game.

It reminds me of the 06 Regional Final between South Webster and Worthington Christian.

81-68 South Webster Jeeps in ‘06 in D4

Worthington Christian hasn’t done anything in D3 as of yet and I’m not sure they respect Fairland

Fairland is the best coached and smartest team in the Southeast District. Period.

Fairland 66
Worthington Christian 57

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
NM5050
Waterboy

Post by NM5050 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:55 am I truly believe Fairland will win this game.

It reminds me of the 06 Regional Final between South Webster and Worthington Christian.

Worthington Christian hasn’t done anything in D3 as of yet and I’m not sure they respect Fairland

Fairland is the best coached and smartest team in the Southeast District. Period.

Fairland 66
Worthington Christian 57
Are you trying to compare this Fairland team to South Webster that had 2 once in generational type players on the same team? Absolutely insane 🤣🤣🤣🤣

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I have to agree with the coaching part. I think Fairland has because the premier high school basketball program in southern Ohio. Their recent tournament success separates them from other programs in the last 5-10 years. But that is just my opinion.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:06 am I have to agree with the coaching part. I think Fairland has because the premier high school basketball program in southern Ohio. Their recent tournament success separates them from other programs in the last 5-10 years. But that is just my opinion.
Only one other program has won 3 district titles in the past few years, but Fairland has won 4 in 5 years and is now in their 3rd Regional title game. I can tell you that your opinion is correct here.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:55 am I truly believe Fairland will win this game.

Fairland 66
Worthington Christian 57
I can guarantee that they’ll respect Fairland. Fairland beat Adena by a similar margin, so I don’t think there’s any way that they won’t come in fully focused.

Should be a great game

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:00 am

Fairland 66
Worthington Christian 57
I can guarantee that they’ll respect Fairland. Fairland beat Adena by a similar margin, so I don’t think there’s any way that they won’t come in fully focused.

Should be a great game
I was just up late talking smack. It was kinda fun.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

NM5050 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:35 am

Fairland 66
Worthington Christian 57
Are you trying to compare this Fairland team to South Webster that had 2 once in generational type players on the same team? Absolutely insane 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I would never do such a thing. They might kick me out of the village. There might be a sniper on the hill waiting for me when I arrive home from my travels this evening. Hell, my wife might leave me - for such sacrilege.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Who will win? Toss up
WC to win. Take care of the boards, limit the 3 if possible, good defense and limit them on backdoor which killed Fort Frye.
Fairland to win. Rebound, turnovers, play your style.
Being a lifelong Peake fan and booster still enjoy a good game even when we are not envolved. If played at the Convo normally I would not have missed a game.
I have watched all of Southeast games plus a couple others because high school basketball is probably my favorite sport them football.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Who has the depth should officials get whistle happy?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Get it done today Dragons! Go Dragons!!!!!!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FIDO wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:59 am Who has the depth should officials get whistle happy?

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. When have the officials ever gotten whistle happy in the Regionals??? Remember, it's the "let them play" regionals. Call ticky tack fouls in the first half and then swallow the whistles in the 2nd half and let the kids beat the hell out of each other.

I will say I was impressed with the officiating in the New Boston-Hiland game last night. 18 team fouls combined in the first half and I think 14 or 15 combined in the 2nd half. It was a pretty evenly called game. I think NB had one more point from the line then Hiland did. The refs let them settle it on the court and not at the line.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:38 am
FIDO wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:59 am Who has the depth should officials get whistle happy?

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. When have the officials ever gotten whistle happy in the Regionals??? Remember, it's the "let them play" regionals. Call ticky tack fouls in the first half and then swallow the whistles in the 2nd half and let the kids beat the hell out of each other.

I will say I was impressed with the officiating in the New Boston-Hiland game last night. 18 team fouls combined in the first half and I think 14 or 15 combined in the 2nd half. It was a pretty evenly called game. I think NB had one more point from the line then Hiland did. The refs let them settle it on the court and not at the line.
The refs last night were horrendous, at least from courtside. They had zero control over the game and it had no flow to it because of the extent of whistles.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:38 am

Zero foul shots for either team in our regional semi bs Desales. 5 each for the game. Very physical game

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Fairland last season WASN'T favored to beat West Fayette Ridgewood either ... 68-58 Fairland in the Regional Semi-final ... best of luck to Coach Speed & Co. and those Fairland Dragons on the court ... #unfinishedbusiness #musthavebalance #opportunity2makeastatement #justwinbaby #pfloydiswearinggreentoday ... WC will at some point jump the ball on the perimeter with pressure , pressure and more pressure Fairland HAS the personnel to make WC pay for the double teams on the ball ...

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Fairland not guarding the 3 point line very good so far i am still rooting for Fairland but its not looking good so far and like I said before Burg should have been the #1 seed in this region

Burg grad 85
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Can’t really get anything going offensively, which raises concerns about coming back on a team that plays D like Worthington Christian.

Coach Speed and company will have a good plan to make a run early in the 3rd. Really have to make shots and keep WC off the glass though.

Return to “Boys Basketball”