Worthington Christian vs. Fairland - Elite 8

bbjunky81
SEO

Worthington Christian vs. Fairland - Elite 8

Post by bbjunky81 »

Who ya'll got?

I think Burg paved the way yesterday for what it takes to beat WC.

Fairland kids are super smart and were this far last year before the season was taken from them via COVID.

I like the Dragons of Fairland here

Watching SE Ohio basketball
art_vandelay
SE

Re: Worthington Christian vs. Fairland - Elite 8

Post by art_vandelay »

Can Fairland play as physical on defense as Burg did against Worthington Christian? Likewise, will Fairland be able to take care of the ball against pressure? I hope and think so. Fairland wins 61-58*

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Good luck to both teams but I’m taking WC in this one!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Yessir!
Waterboy

Post by Yessir! »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:11 am Who ya'll got?

Fairland kids are super smart and were this far last year before the season was taken from them via COVID.

WC all the way! They had a down game and still pulled it out. Fairland will need a miracle!

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

With or without miracles, Fairland wins this one.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Worthington Christian 55
Fairland 62
Go Dragons

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Yessir! wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:38 am

WC all the way! They had a down game and still pulled it out. Fairland will need a miracle!
Correct, but Fairland is better than Wheelersburg.

WC will have to cut their mistakes in half at least.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Yeah.... definitely a miracle.... like a last second 3. :roll:

Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I watched both regional semifinal games last night, and my takeaway is that Fairland can win if they can.......1) keep WC from dominating the glass with their size advantage, and 2) shoot the ball like they did vs. Fort Frye. Polcyn and Porter stepped up big time last night.

WC is really good, but the Dragons can win this game. I enjoy watching Fairland run their offense because everyone touches the ball on most possessions. Constant movement and crisp passing leading to open shots.

Fairland is going for their 2nd Final 4 appearance in 5 years (most recent in 2017). Could have been going for their 3rd appearance if the regional final wasn't canceled last season. They have been over the past half dozen years one of the absolute top programs in the SE district.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Fairland by 5

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Dragons by 11
2021.... the redemption

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
NM5050
Waterboy

Post by NM5050 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:13 am

When has Fairland played Wheelersburg this season? Can’t seem to find the boxscore. I did find a common opponent, Buckeye Valley which WC destroyed. Basketball is also about matchups too so we will see Saturday.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Now last nights game against Burg was because WC had a down game. Gimme a freaking break. WC pulled that one out of there arse. Burg gets some calls on those traps and hits some free throws that game is a blowout win for Burg

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I dont believe that Fairland is better than Burg. Burg should have been the #1 seed IMO also Burg blowed that game against WC missed way too many free throws

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

scott1297 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:00 pm

I dont believe that Fairland is better than Burg. Burg should have been the #1 seed IMO also Burg blowed that game against WC missed way too many free throws

Sad thing is Burg did miss a few free throws but what's even sadder is they only shot 8 for the game. WC made more than Burg shot.

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

I am still feeling the Eastern Brown loss to burg
(I should say the 1st half of the game....). Fairland beat us by 1, Waverly beat burg, Waverly was beaten by 15 by Warren, who Eastern Brown beat by a sound 20, at Warren. There are a bunch of solid teams. I think Eastern Brown and Fairland both match up better against WC than burg did, BUT....WC is an awesome team. EB and Fairland have the disciplined defense, Fairland will defend WC very well. It will be close, but I think Fairland wins by 7 points.

NM5050
Waterboy

Post by NM5050 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:56 pm

Now last nights game against Burg was because WC had a down game. Gimme a freaking break. WC pulled that one out of there arse. Burg gets some calls on those traps and hits some free throws that game is a blowout win for Burg
Oh now since we can’t say it’s the was because of competitive balance we are blaming the refs and coaches now? You guys only had 9 TO. We usually TO teams 18 times a game so on paper you guys should have beat us. Our stars, 0 and 22 were a combined 1-14 from 3. Your 2 man guys 12 and 21 were combined 13-19 and we still won. 35 or your team that was probably his best game ever. Try coming to our league, you wouldn’t even be a .500 team. Good team, great game but if we played again it wouldn’t even be a game.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

NM5050 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:38 pm

Oh now since we can’t say it’s the was because of competitive balance we are blaming the refs and coaches now? You guys only had 9 TO. We usually TO teams 18 times a game so on paper you guys should have beat us. Our stars, 0 and 22 were a combined 1-14 from 3. Your 2 man guys 12 and 21 were combined 13-19 and we still won. 35 or your team that was probably his best game ever. Try coming to our league, you wouldn’t even be a .500 team. Good team, great game but if we played again it wouldn’t even be a game.
Come on man be nice ! I think if Burg and WC played 10 times it might be 6 to 4 WC or 5 and 5 Burg was really talented this year and 4 starting seniors which means great leadership and experience and IMO #12 Miller from Burg was the best player on the floor for that game . But good luck to WC the rest of the way and great season By Burg that was a sad way to go out knowing you should have won the game cause Burg was definitely the better team for that game maybe WC had an off night who knows? But I think I will give credit to Burg for being a very good team this year

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Not even close about 35. He should have started but for some reason 23 did. 35 had quite a few games in double figures this year. 22 has been the hottest player in the tourney scoring over 20 the last three games prior to this one. He scored 5 and didn't take more than one shot after the first quarter. He scores his average this is a blowout win for Burg.

Like I said WC hit more free throws than Burg shot for the game. If this was a normal game early on in the tourney you have several guys foul out. Everyone knows in the Regionals refs have that "let them play" mentality which is total BS.

You can't get over the fact you almost lost to a bunch of country farm boys and you're like just about every team out of the Columbus area in thinking these Southern teams can't play

NM5050
Waterboy

Post by NM5050 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:14 pm

Not even close about 35. He should have started but for some reason 23 did. 35 had quite a few games in double figures this year. 22 has been the hottest player in the tourney scoring over 20 the last three games prior to this one. He scored 5 and didn't take more than one shot after the first quarter. He scores his average this is a blowout win for Burg.

Like I said WC hit more free throws than Burg shot for the game. If this was a normal game early on in the tourney you have several guys foul out. Everyone knows in the Regionals refs have that "let them play" mentality which is total BS.

You can't get over the fact you almost lost to a bunch of country farm boys and you're like just about every team out of the Columbus area in thinking these Southern teams can't play
Don’t you think a lot of our players could have had way below average games? It’s the regionals of course you guys can play I’m not knocking that but for you try to downplay our team is another thing. You guys also have the same opportunities no matter where you from. Tanner Holden played for All Ohio Red and is doing his thing at Wright State so we know Wheelersburg history in football and basketball. Also ask Trey Robertson for Waverly how good #0 was. They played on the same AAU team. Guess who was the star of that AAU team? We can get to state and get beat by Cincinnati Taft of Lutheran East but I bet I won’t be on message boards talking woulda shoulda coulda.

Return to “Boys Basketball”