Jr High

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Jr High

Post by Hoopie74 »

I believe the idea is to end up with a good mix for varsity at the end of the day. 12 players or so on each team. Freshman,Reserves and the varsity. Hopefully a group to contend every year. I've seen alot of superstar jr high kids that ended up average and some that were truely very good. I've also seen several kids that were not good in jr high and they ended up being super players. Coaching,coaching,coaching. Good luck to all these kids. Chuck Johnson is one example for us. Didn't really play much till 10th grade. Anyone who competed against that 1st team all state player in 1973 knew how good he was. Oh, and there's Micheal Jordan. We all know that story.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

I seen Myles play last weekend and he’s outstanding it will be fun to see how he grows in the next 4 years. I would also add Buchanan from Fairland, not sure if he’s ready for varsity but he has all the tools to be a great HS player. Ironton’s Schreck will probably play varsity next year he completely dominated the OVC league. Ironton did benefit from transfers coming in that made that team really good

joeshmo
Waterboy

Post by joeshmo »

Who was the transfers?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Luke Stine of Portsmouth has been impressive in working out at the Trojans "The Club" skills camp. He is definitely trending in the direction of perhaps starting on the PHS varsity next season, at the very least getting really meaningful minutes.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

joeshmo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:17 pm Who was the transfers?
They had 2-3 new kids, I remember seeing Roach from SP that gave them a spark and sturgell from Minford that ran the point

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Bfan99 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:50 am
joeshmo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:17 pm Who was the transfers?
They had 2-3 new kids, I remember seeing Roach from SP that gave them a spark and sturgell from Minford that ran the point
& Cox - Rock Hill

Post by basketballplayer123 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:03 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:12 pm Mason Montgomery and Eli Roberts.
Miles Montgomery and Eli Roberts.
i would have to as well add Ashton Reynolds from west as well as braylon Robertson from waverly . both built like linebackers with good shooting , handles , and court vision .

Return to “Boys Basketball”