Jr High

13shac
Waterboy

Jr High

Post by 13shac »

Whats out there in the Jr High ranks that we have to look forward too.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Jr High

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Mason Montgomery and Eli Roberts.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:12 pm Mason Montgomery and Eli Roberts.
Miles Montgomery and Eli Roberts.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:03 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:12 pm Mason Montgomery and Eli Roberts.
Miles Montgomery and Eli Roberts.
🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

It’s been a day.
Sorry Miles.

Big Blue Nation
Waterboy

Post by Big Blue Nation »

Miles Montgomery is going to be a dandy. The Minford junior high team hasn’t been challenged in two years.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Big Blue Nation wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:19 pm Miles Montgomery is going to be a dandy. The Minford junior high team hasn’t been challenged in two years.
Don’t know if it’s the same kid but we played the Minford team when they were 6 grade and he was the best 6th grader I’ve ever watched

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

mlittle wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:16 pm
Big Blue Nation wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:19 pm Miles Montgomery is going to be a dandy. The Minford junior high team hasn’t been challenged in two years.
Don’t know if it’s the same kid but we played the Minford team when they were 6 grade and he was the best 6th grader I’ve ever watched
That would be him. He can light it up.
The Roberts kid from Webster can to when he wants. I think Roberts had 7 in game dunks this season.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Montgomery might legitimately be the next Aaron craft if he grows up some over the next 4 years. He’s not very big at all now. I think he’s better than Trey Robertson though. If he has the eye of a needle to shoot a three through, go ahead and count the basket.

Roberts for Webster , when he’s hot he’s hot. Gonna end up being 6-7 6-9. Dropped 43 on beaver. Multiple 20
And 30pt games. Shot blocker. NBA genetics.
Really good handles for a big 8th grader. 6ft behind the line range.
Needs to put some weight on to be a legitimate D1 prospect. I think the team he’s played on the past two years, you can tell he’s been frustrated having to do 75% of the scoring to win. Not that those kids can’t score, they just aren’t on that same level.

I thought the Leist kid from Beaver wasn’t bad either. He lit us up from deep

7th graders : Minford has another kid who can drop 30.
I can’t remember his name right now. SW Hunter Barnard is a very very good prospect. The whole SW 7th and Burg 7th are legit.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

I look for Montgomery to start at point guard for the Falcons as a freshman. When this group gets older, I look for Minford to make a potential Elite 8/Final Four run.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

N2Hoops wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:28 am I look for Montgomery to start at point guard for the Falcons as a freshman. When this group gets older, I look for Minford to make a potential Elite 8/Final Four run.
I heard he’s moving to burg

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

mlittle wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:33 pm
N2Hoops wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:28 am I look for Montgomery to start at point guard for the Falcons as a freshman. When this group gets older, I look for Minford to make a potential Elite 8/Final Four run.
I heard he’s moving to burg

Give the recruiter at Burg some time!! I'm sure he is working on them! :shock: :shock: :shock:

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Be hard to get that one i'd think. but stranger things have happened.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Yeah zero chance on that one. Deep Minford and SW roots in that boy. They live right down the road from me

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The other kids on minfords squad are really good. I don’t see them splitting the band up to go to little ole burg when Minford has whipped everyone since 4th grade. Look for the gold ball to be in the falcons case his junior and senior year

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Couldn't give you any names but Warren has always had a strong junior high program thanks to Rod Padgitt, one of our junior-high coach's who's probably been in that position for 20+ years. one of the reason their varsity program is able to have continued success. I believe our two 8th grade teams lost a combined 1 game and won their respective postseason tourneys.

Go Blue
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:22 am Montgomery might legitimately be the next Aaron craft if he grows up some over the next 4 years. He’s not very big at all now. I think he’s better than Trey Robertson though. If he has the eye of a needle to shoot a three through, go ahead and count the basket.

Roberts for Webster , when he’s hot he’s hot. Gonna end up being 6-7 6-9. Dropped 43 on beaver. Multiple 20
And 30pt games. Shot blocker. NBA genetics.
Really good handles for a big 8th grader. 6ft behind the line range.
Needs to put some weight on to be a legitimate D1 prospect. I think the team he’s played on the past two years, you can tell he’s been frustrated having to do 75% of the scoring to win. Not that those kids can’t score, they just aren’t on that same level.

I thought the Leist kid from Beaver wasn’t bad either. He lit us up from deep

7th graders : Minford has another kid who can drop 30.
I can’t remember his name right now. SW Hunter Barnard is a very very good prospect. The whole SW 7th and Burg 7th are legit.
Already more offensively gifted than craft lol

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Good players, but scoring on 13 and 14 year olds when you are an advanced player is way different then playing varsity basketball. No comparison between the size and quickness. On the other hand good freshmen can dominate JV ball because few teams around here have enough depth in the upper classes to field a legit JV team. Most are Freshmen with a couple older guys that won't ever see much varsity. That's why I don't put any stock in JV records anymore

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:27 pm Good players, but scoring on 13 and 14 year olds when you are an advanced player is way different then playing varsity basketball. No comparison between the size and quickness. On the other hand good freshmen can dominate JV ball because few teams around here have enough depth in the upper classes to field a legit JV team. Most are Freshmen with a couple older guys that won't ever see much varsity. That's why I don't put any stock in JV records anymore
That's the truth about jv basketball these days. Hard to tell what teams really have coming up anymore based on jv squad. If player is halfway decent, they playing varsity at most D4 schools and a lot of D3 schools.

As for the specific kids mentioned, they will likely be playing varsity next year based on necessity, but wouldn't have too much expectations as they will be physically outmatched for awhile.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Roberts kid is the best prospect. My assumption on Montgomery will be point production comes down when the physicality of the game increases. That’s why I think Roberts will be the best prospect of the two.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

A lot of times Jr High teams/players can be very misleading. Some teams may just be more athletic, taller, stronger, faster, and older than their opponents. I see a lot of times where a kid is taller and just grabs offensive rebounds and scores. What I like to see is how they can handle the basketball, shoot, defense, all those individual skills. I do think the Roberts kid is the real deal and I do think he will struggle with the physical aspect of the varsity game during his freshman year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”