Shawnee State Men's basketball

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Shawnee State Men's basketball

Post by BigBlueNation »

The Bears will be playing for the NAIA National Championship on Tuesday the 23rd.

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Re: Shawnee State Men's basketball

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

They just won the National Championship! So cool to watch on ESPN

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Congrats to the bears.
Finished the season 31-2 won 27 straight.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Awesome accomplishment!!

NellyWooden
Waterboy

Post by NellyWooden »

A big congratulations to coach Delano Thomas and the Shawnee State Bears men's basketball team for winning the NAIA national championship March 23rd 2021! Go Bears🇺🇸🏀🏆

DUNKONE
Waterboy

Post by DUNKONE »

they wouoold be better with my boy coaching

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Howie would Lead SSU to the NBA FINALS

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the SSU Bears and Coach Thomas on their national championship. I have talked with Coach Thomas several times, and he is a genuinely class individual.

Southeastern Ohio has had a good year for national recognition, with Shawnee State winning the NAIA championship and Zach Loveday of Gallipolis winning a national title with Baylor.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I would say this will open up alot of doors for coach Thomas. I hope he stays. Coach Thomas is a great guy

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:11 pm I would say this will open up alot of doors for coach Thomas. I hope he stays. Coach Thomas is a great guy
I think he'll be here for the short term but I'm not sure if he'll stay long if the right offers come along (nor should he).

I've talked with a reliable source at Shawnee and he told me that Shawnee is one of the lowest coaching pays you'll find in NAIA (around here anyway). I guess the coaching pay itself is somewhere around $12,000ish? Maybe a little more. But then typically you have some type of teaching job at the university to make more money.

But if another school comes calling and offers $50k+ just to coach, why wouldn't you take it?

Nonetheless, I'd like to see Shawnee do whatever they need to do to keep him at the helm because he obviously is worth every penny.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:21 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:11 pm I would say this will open up alot of doors for coach Thomas. I hope he stays. Coach Thomas is a great guy
I think he'll be here for the short term but I'm not sure if he'll stay long if the right offers come along (nor should he).

I've talked with a reliable source at Shawnee and he told me that Shawnee is one of the lowest coaching pays you'll find in NAIA (around here anyway). I guess the coaching pay itself is somewhere around $12,000ish? Maybe a little more. But then typically you have some type of teaching job at the university to make more money.

But if another school comes calling and offers $50k+ just to coach, why wouldn't you take it?

Nonetheless, I'd like to see Shawnee do whatever they need to do to keep him at the helm because he obviously is worth every penny.
I hope they will be able to keep him.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

I recall one time hearing the Women's program didn't even have a paid assistant at one time.

Return to “Boys Basketball”