Congratulations to Zach Loveday - National Champion

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Congratulations to Zach Loveday - National Champion

Post by danicalifornia »

Awesome to see another athlete from SE Ohio win a National Championship!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Congratulations to Zach Loveday - National Champion

Post by Ironman92 »

Yes, absolutely.

Waiting on the know it all’s to admit they were wrong about him going to Baylor: same guys who’d rather their kid score 7 ppg on a 6-19 team.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Congrats!

Only a freshman and several of these players will be going to the league. I believe we'll be seeing much more of Mr. Loveday next year on the floor for Baylor.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to Zach on winning a national championship......something that he can carry with him the rest of his life. Don't know what Coach Drew's plans are for Zach next season, but hopefully he will get to be a significant player in their rotation. Baylor is projected to lose 4 of 5 starters.

Damond Mannon of Portsmouth HS (1992 grad) played for Baylor in the mid 90's, but it was a far different program then. Scott Drew has taken the Baylor Bears from virtually the bottom of the Big 12 when he was hired in 2003 to the best team in college basketball in 2021.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:36 pm Yes, absolutely.

Waiting on the know it all’s to admit they were wrong about him going to Baylor: same guys who’d rather their kid score 7 ppg on a 6-19 team.
Was gonna post this same thing. I remember him and his parents getting slayed on this site for their decision for leaving and where he chose to play college. LOL to that, morons!!

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

In quick research, I have noticed two players from the Southeast District that played in the NCAA Division 1 Men's Final Four. Zach Loveday from Gallipolis and Leroy Frazier who played for Ohio State in the Semi-Finals of 62-63 against Wake Forest (featuring Billy Packer) and scored a basket in that game. I know that Katie Smith played for Ohio State Women in the finals against Texas Tech. Is there anybody else from the Southeast District that played in the final four?

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

I forgot to mention that Frazier played at New Boston

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Jimmy Hull-Greenfield McLain
1939 NCAA Runner Up with Ohio State
All-American

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

I didn't realize that Jimmy Hull was from Greenfield. That was the first Final Four as the Buckeyes lost to Oregon in the title game. Jimmy Hull and Wilmer Hosket (Bill Hosket's dad) were the first star basketball players at OSU. After graduating OSU, Hosket played a lot of "barnstorming" games with the group of Waterloo Wonder's players.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I heard he is leaving? is that true- wants to be closer to home? :o

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:26 pm I heard he is leaving? is that true- wants to be closer to home? :o
Hasn’t entered the transfer portal like 25% of D1, so I doubt he’s leaving especially since he’ll be a rotation player on a top 15 team as a sophomore

Return to “Boys Basketball”