Top Returning Players?

redskinwitness
Varsity

Top Returning Players?

Post by redskinwitness »

Who are some of the top returning players? The team I follow, Caldwell, has 3 outstanding players. Junior guard Bede Lori has already scored 1000 and set some FT records. Expect him to be even better. His cousin Jett is a senior guard and one of the best 3 point shooters in the state. Their big kid Matt Kowalsky is 6’6 and explosive. Expecting a big year for Caldwell. Other good players I remember from the area from all the livestreams last winter:
Singleton Meadowbrook
Sallie Warren
Rose-Burton Monroe Central
Beckett Shadyside
McCort St C

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Top Returning Players?

Post by bbjunky81 »

SOC teams best returning players

New Boston - Jackson
St Joes - not sure
Symmes - not sure
Western - Miller
Green - Sampson
Clay - they will struggle
Notre Dame - several including two transfers in
East - they will struggle

SOC 2

Waverly - Robertson, Futhey, Stulley
Wheelersburg - Swords
South Webster - Zimmerman and Carpenter
Oak Hill - they'll be improved but another down year
Minford - Crank
Valley - Copley + Arnett
West - Davis
Northwest - Lintz + Jenkins
Eastern - Leist

Might be missing a few but those seem to be most of the top players in both leagues this upcoming season

Watching SE Ohio basketball
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Returning for the OVC:

Portsmouth: 6-3 Dariyonne Bryant, 6-0 Donovan Carr, 6-0 Devin Lattimore, 5-9 Drew Roe, 5-8 Amare Johnson, 6-1 Kenny Sanderlin (from W-Burg), 5-10 DeAndre Berry
Ironton: Freshman 5-8 PG from last year
Fairland: Guard 6-2 Aiden Porter
Chesapeake: Guard 6-1 Levi Blankenship
Coal Grove: 4 starters return
Rock Hill: Forward 6-2 Hankins
South Point: not sure but I think 2 starters return
Gallia Academy: Center 6-7 Isaac Clary; Freshman 6-1 PG from last year

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:50 am SOC teams best returning players

New Boston - Jackson
St Joes - not sure
Symmes - not sure
Western - Miller
Green - Sampson

SOC 2

Wheelersburg - Swords
Minford - Crank
Valley - Copley + Arnett
West - Davis
Eastern - Leist

Might be missing a few but those seem to be most of the top players in both leagues this upcoming season
Minford -Zimmerman
West - Dixon and Coleman
Valley- add Bryce Stuart
Northwest add Bolin.

Drippy96
Waterboy

Post by Drippy96 »

Vinton County-4 starters returning. Asa Davidson with 63 blocks(single season record)

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:09 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:50 am SOC teams best returning players

New Boston - Jackson
St Joes - not sure
Symmes - not sure
Western - Miller
Green - Sampson

SOC 2

Wheelersburg - Swords
Minford - Crank
Valley - Copley + Arnett
West - Davis
Eastern - Leist

Minford -Zimmerman
West - Dixon and Coleman
Valley- add Bryce Stuart
Northwest add Bolin.

Agree on all. I meant Dixon not Davis, I always mix up their names for whatever reason.

Definitely should have had Zimmerman and Stuart on there. I did that in a rush without much thought but those two absolutely deserve to be on the list. They’re both top 5 overall players in the league.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Only a freshman so not exactly "returning" but I am going to throw the name Myles Montgomery into the mix for Minford.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

NewEra wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:32 am Only a freshman so not exactly "returning" but I am going to throw the name Myles Montgomery into the mix for Minford.
Very good player with a huge ceiling

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:50 pm
NewEra wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:32 am Only a freshman so not exactly "returning" but I am going to throw the name Myles Montgomery into the mix for Minford.
Great player with a bright future. But if we're talking about freshman in the league with a huge ceiling the highest is undeniably Roberts from South Webster. Already a legit 6'7" and the son of a guy who was drafted in the NBA. I'd imagine he'll have D1 scholarship offers piling up before the end of his sophomore season.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:05 am
Great player with a bright future. But if we're talking about freshman in the league with a huge ceiling the highest is undeniably Roberts from South Webster. Already a legit 6'7" and the son of a guy who was drafted in the NBA. I'd imagine he'll have D1 scholarship offers piling up before the end of his sophomore season.
Sky's the limit for Roberts. But with that said, SOC II basketball will be a struggle for him at times this year from a physical standpoint, so I hope the Webster fans are patient and don't expect him to dominate from Day 1. If I remember right, Aldridge wasn't brought up to varsity until near end of his freshman season and then had a good tournament run. But if Roberts keeps progressing, he looks like a D1 kid to me with his mix of size and skills.*

borodad
Riding the Bench

Post by borodad »

Hillsboro: Price and Captain

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Seen them two play alot of basketball. Both definitely have high ceilings. Thing that will help them is they won't have to be the man. Great players around them to take away some of the pressure. They'll both be fine.
Northwest started 2 freshman most of the season and 3 the last part. It was definitely frustrating and hard on them.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

It's always hard to start freshman but the SOC 2 isn't as strong this year as last year so that should make the transition a little easier.

Wheelersburg lost a ton, West lost a good bit, Valley had 2 transfer out, Minford graduated several including Lewis... Waverly returned a great chunk but other than that the league took a pretty big hit with departing seniors.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak

Landon Barnett
Bradley Ashbaugh

waterboy99
Riding the Bench

Post by waterboy99 »

SHAC Top Players Returning

Division 1
Eastern Brown: Luke Garett (Arguably the best shooter in the district) and Trent Hundley (Eastern will likely have the two top players in the league)
North Adams: Bransyn Copas and Cameron Campbell (Transfer from West Union)
Lynchburg-Clay: Ian Waits and Noah Miller
Leesbug-Fairfield: Titus Cannon (They have a lot returning from last season)
West Union: I'm not sure who they will have coming back after losing Campbell to North Adams

Division 2
Whiteoak: Bradley Ashbaugh and Landon Barnett
Ripley: Gabe Fyffe and Braden Bennington
Peebles: Allan McCoy (A lot of talent on the JV team last year moving up)
Fayetteville-Perry: Jayden Bradshaw (Have a lot of talented role players returning I believe)
Manchester: Isaiah Scott (Also have a lot of players coming back from last year)

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

He has the look and potential but gonna have to put some meat and toughness on to play with the big dogs. This is a top returning thread, but the 3 best in coming freshmen in the SOC II are
1. Montgomery from Minford, he is a walking bucket at any place on the court. I think he can make an immediate impact on the court as a freshmen. That group has been absolutely dominant, if that freshmen class all stays together they will be state contenders.

2. Reynolds from West- 5'10 utility player. Built like a linebacker, but can run the floor. Can run point, drive and finish, rebound, hit a three, and post up. Has some of the best court vision and passing skills I have seen in a young player. I don't see him starting, but I am sure he will get his chances.

3. Roberts from Webster- You cant teach height and genetics and he already has both. I have watched him hot and cold and when he is hot he is hard to beat. Only knock on him is he looks like he wears his emotions on his sleeve, and tends to show it. Tends to shy away from contact down low, which I am sure he will develop through the years, just don't know how he will contribute as an incoming freshmen banging with Juniors and Seniors from football schools. He has the highest ceiling though.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:14 pm

He has the look and potential but gonna have to put some meat and toughness on to play with the big dogs. This is a top returning thread, but the 3 best in coming freshmen in the SOC II are
1. Montgomery from Minford, he is a walking bucket at any place on the court. I think he can make an immediate impact on the court as a freshmen. That group has been absolutely dominant, if that freshmen class all stays together they will be state contenders.

2. Reynolds from West- 5'10 utility player. Built like a linebacker, but can run the floor. Can run point, drive and finish, rebound, hit a three, and post up. Has some of the best court vision and passing skills I have seen in a young player. I don't see him starting, but I am sure he will get his chances.

3. Roberts from Webster- You cant teach height and genetics and he already has both. I have watched him hot and cold and when he is hot he is hard to beat. Only knock on him is he looks like he wears his emotions on his sleeve, and tends to show it. Tends to shy away from contact down low, which I am sure he will develop through the years, just don't know how he will contribute as an incoming freshmen banging with Juniors and Seniors from football schools. He has the highest ceiling though.
I would have to throw in B. Robertson from Waverly. He had a great summer finally playing with his brother and is getting varsity action on the football field. He’s a beast and has a great basketball IQ just like his brother.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

smurray wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:58 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:14 pm

I would have to throw in B. Robertson from Waverly. He had a great summer finally playing with his brother and is getting varsity action on the football field. He’s a beast and has a great basketball IQ just like his brother.
I knew Waverly had a good one, I just didn't know his name.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Little Roberts needs about 50 more pounds on him.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point has Mason Kazee, Jake Adams and Malik Pegram Seniors.

Return to “Boys Basketball”