Pfloyd's Preseason Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio "coming soons" ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Preseason Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio "coming soons" ...

Post by pfloyd »

13 days until "coaching contact" officially begins the 2021-22 Hoops Season - Oct.29th ... Season opens Nov 24th - I can hear the squeaking of basketball shoes, the sounds of basketballs meeting the hardwood ... the weight rooms have been busy, I KNOW there has been some "games" out there ... I saw Coach Goodyear for Bloom Carroll last week ! he's excited for the coming season - it was great talking some hoops with Coach G even if it was in a parking lot LOL ...

Pfloyd has his tickets for the Chicago meeting of the committee of one ... the Preseason Elite 8 should be coming sooner than later now as the FB season for MOST is coming to an end in the next couple of weeks ... Got a text from Coach Maddox this past week as well! The Warriors will be opening there NEW WarriorDome diggs this season! he's ready to get back in the NEW gym - the Warren TEAM will be "down" compared to TEAMS of the past BUT "down" at Warren doesn't have the same definition as at other schools - we'll see ... Tuesday January 25th mark your hoops calendars! Warren vs Marietta in the New Warrior Dome ... WHS is planning a Cancer Awareness Game - players will be dedicating the game to those who have/are fighting the fight by wearing names on their warmups ... the Warrior basketball family lost a member this past year - WHS basketball great Austin Cunningham's dad (Monte Cunningham) passed away this past summer from cancer HE will be honored at the Cancer Awareness game on Jan 25th as will all those who have/are battling this disease ... Coach Maddox asked if I would attend the game representing all of those in SEO who are fans of SEO hoops who are fighting/have fought the fight vs Cancer ... I didn't hesitate in answering that I would be honored ... I hope to see many of YOU at the new Warren High School January 25th ...

Trojandave ! Portsmouth will be in the top 20 in the preseason !!!! ;)

Lots of things to be thankful for as we head into this Covid Season #2 ... more to come in the weeks leading up to Tip Off Nov.24th ... stay safe & healthy out there - pfloyd
Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Pfloyd's Preseason Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio "coming soons" ...

Post by mattash »

can't wait...

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Will definitely be a rebuilding year for the warriors with only one starter back in Sallee. Taylor, Davis, and Pettey will all be in the mix to start the year I assume but will be interesting to see how the season progresses.

Go Blue
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Hard to believe 7-8 months has already passed by.
Swank is ready

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Pfloyd, this old Trojan way out west is so looking forward to your way too early preseason rankings.
I so enjoy all the comments the posters have and looking for our Trojans having a good season.
Thanks again from Arizona.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: I won't be making any disputes this season about where the Trojans should be ranked..... :) .......I do really believe, though, that this could be the year that Portsmouth can finally get things turned in the right direction.

Hope things are going well with you health wise......maybe we'll meet up somewhere along the hardwood trail.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

It is all most time Pfloyd. Cant wait! My Waverly Tigers should be in contention for the top spot with Trey Robertson and the other seniors returning. I am also excited to see Treys younger brother who I was told has really exploded on to the scene this summer basketball wise. Looking forward to seeing all the area teams and meeting up with the coaches and other fans who have become friends through the years. Pfloyd I am sure our paths will cross multiple times this year. Trojan Dave it will be nice to see Portsmouth back in the top of the list. will be checking them out in person and will hopefully get a chance to say Hi. Good luck to everyone on their season, and hope everyone stays healthy.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

UKfanatic: I have your Waverly Tigers as a serious regional contender, and if the Tigers can help out Trey with scoring support, they will really have an outstanding season. I saw WHS during the summer vs. Portsmouth, and the Tigers showed a lot of versatility being able to score from the perimeter or down low. Most of all Waverly has the difference maker in Robertson, who I believe is the top player in the SE district. His importance will show as the Tigers battle for an SOC II title and a long postseason run.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Probably the first season Fairland wont be listed in the top 5 for some time , definitely going to take a step back this year . OVC will be up for grabs but I think its Portsmouths to lose.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Warren will always be right there for the top 8 and this year they will take the next step and get coach Maddox back to the CONVO where we belong!! GO BLUE!! Cannot wait for this season in the new Warrior Coliseum. That place is gonna be electric and a heckuva challenge for opposing teams

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

84Dragon wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:55 pm Probably the first season Fairland wont be listed in the top 5 for some time , definitely going to take a step back this year . OVC will be up for grabs but I think its Portsmouths to lose.
Ironton will be tough out every night: Wilson, Porter, Sheridan, Masters, Perkins, Barnes, Carpenter with a lot of talented Freshmen coming in that may help immediately also.

Countryguy100
Waterboy

Post by Countryguy100 »

Portsmouth is going to play the same unorganized basketball they always play. Dont sleep on Fairland

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Countryguy100 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:10 am Portsmouth is going to play the same unorganized basketball they always play. Dont sleep on Fairland

Straight fax

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Can’t wait to see the list.
No doubt the Waverly Tigers will be high on the list as will the Portsmouth Trojans. On paper the Trojans look LOADED!

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

In my mind waverly is tops in the area until proven otherwise, Not sure how they will start but McClain will finish up pretty high as well. Gallipolis and Vinton County will be on the rise, Jackson will more than likely stay about where they finished last year. Logan elm will drop. If eastern brown returns more than 3 players from last years team I would imagine they will be top 3. Portsmouth will def climb the ladder this year. Getting closer by the day, excited to see what Pfloyds thoughts are.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:54 pm
Countryguy100 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:10 am Portsmouth is going to play the same unorganized basketball they always play. Dont sleep on Fairland

Straight fax
Trojans full of upperclassmen and will most definitely be disciplined and very deep. Don’t always hate Swank.. Appreciate

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I’ve been around long enough to see the Portsmouth song and dance more than once. Burg by 30

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:48 pm I’ve been around long enough to see the Portsmouth song and dance more than once. Burg by 30
So what the douche bag is saying is that he’s old, forgets all the great teams Portsmouth has had, and will continue to be negative because he gets cranky when he misses his afternoon nap. Oh yeah he’s from SW, can’t take any of those goons serious anyways.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

In March, y’all come on back here and say Swank told me so.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:28 pm In March, y’all come on back here and say Swank told me so.
I personally don't have any knowledge of how good portsmouth will be this year, BUT with all their starters returning, plus 5 transfers, it would be difficult for them not to move up in the rankings, (in reference to my post).

Return to “Boys Basketball”