2021-2022 FAC

3rd String
Freshman Team

2021-2022 FAC

Post by 3rd String »

The FAC should be a very interesting year. McClain has virtually everyone back, and had a couple juniors on JV that will make an impact this year. Jackson returns almost everyone, and like McClain, has 2-3 JV kids from last year that can come in and contribute. Courthouse- has everyone back, and they are only getting better played freshman and sophomores on varsity for the majority of the season. Miami Trace and Hillsboro, both will have solid teams, with their core back, (but lost the best player on the floor in most games) Chillicothe - returns i believe 4 of their starters, and should be much improved. Im not sure who I think will take the League just yet. I think 5 of the 6 are capable of winning this year, with Chillicothe competing and upsetting a team or two taking away their hopes of a league title.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2021-2022 FAC

Post by Ironman92 »

Who won it last year?

MSL1
Waterboy

Post by MSL1 »

Jackson and Hillsboro shared the title.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MSL1 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:40 pm Jackson and Hillsboro shared the title.
Yeah….guess I remember now. That was fun 😁

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Jackson should compete well this year I believe. Hopefully everyone comes out and plays. I’ve heard rumblings that some kids might not but you know how rumors are. I’m not sure if Spires gets to see any action this year or not with his injury from football.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

I'd Say Jackson will be just fine. Not having the Spires kid will hurt, but they still have 6-7 returning seniors, and a couple juniors that will fill in nicely. If you don't mind me asking, who have you heard might not play?

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Another note for Miami Trace is that they will have a new head coach this year. Ben Ackley takes over after transitioning from being the head coach of the girls team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TrueFan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:47 pm Another note for Miami Trace is that they will have a new head coach this year. Ben Ackley takes over after transitioning from being the head coach of the girls team.
Interesting

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

McClain and Jackson in my opinion would be the front runners to win the league. McClain has potential POY Bryson Badgley who suffered an injury last season and missed a good bit of the season. They also return the Potts brothers, Preston Saunders, Lyle White, Braden Wright, Toney, among others. I predict they’ll win 15-17 games. Jackson returns Bragg, Prater, Blankenship, Woodard, Erwin, Hopefully Spires later in season. Maybe Winters? I think Wolford plays as well. I also see them winning 15-17 games. Hillsboro and Miami Trace lost several seniors. I look for 2022 Jakwon Clark to be the go to player for the Indians this winter but I look for them to be down this season. I look for them to win between 5-7 games. For Miami Trace, I think their top players will be 2023 Guard Isaiah Reisinger, and 2023 6’8 Post Player Drew Guthrie. They will be competitive but not competitive enough to win the FAC in my opinion, I see them winning 10-12 games. Chillicothe and Court House were very young this season. Chillicothe had its 2022 6’8 player transfer out to Zane Trace. I look for them to start mostly Juniors this year including Max Lee and Mason Sibberall who started for them a season ago. They will have senior Jaiden Cain who is a special athlete as well. Court House returns basically their entire roster. They had a 2022 Point Guard move in from Trotwood, to combine with 2023 6’6 F Tanner Lemaster, and They also have 2024’s Isaiah Haithcock and John Wall who will be Impact players for the Blue Lions over the next few years. I look for Court House to be improved from last year and could see them winning 10-12 games.it should be a competitive year for FAC basketball, with McClain or Jackson on top!

borodad
Riding the Bench

Post by borodad »

FACSPORTS wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:24 am McClain and Jackson in my opinion would be the front runners to win the league. McClain has potential POY Bryson Badgley who suffered an injury last season and missed a good bit of the season. They also return the Potts brothers, Preston Saunders, Lyle White, Braden Wright, Toney, among others. I predict they’ll win 15-17 games. Jackson returns Bragg, Prater, Blankenship, Woodard, Erwin, Hopefully Spires later in season. Maybe Winters? I think Wolford plays as well. I also see them winning 15-17 games. Hillsboro and Miami Trace lost several seniors. I look for 2022 Jakwon Clark to be the go to player for the Indians this winter but I look for them to be down this season. I look for them to win between 5-7 games. For Miami Trace, I think their top players will be 2023 Guard Isaiah Reisinger, and 2023 6’8 Post Player Drew Guthrie. They will be competitive but not competitive enough to win the FAC in my opinion, I see them winning 10-12 games. Chillicothe and Court House were very young this season. Chillicothe had its 2022 6’8 player transfer out to Zane Trace. I look for them to start mostly Juniors this year including Max Lee and Mason Sibberall who started for them a season ago. They will have senior Jaiden Cain who is a special athlete as well. Court House returns basically their entire roster. They had a 2022 Point Guard move in from Trotwood, to combine with 2023 6’6 F Tanner Lemaster, and They also have 2024’s Isaiah Haithcock and John Wall who will be Impact players for the Blue Lions over the next few years. I look for Court House to be improved from last year and could see them winning 10-12 games.it should be a competitive year for FAC basketball, with McClain or Jackson on top!
Hillsboro's Jakwon Clark graduated last year but they still return Quentin Captain and Hunter Price....I will take the over in your 5-7 win prediction

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

borodad wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:10 pm
FACSPORTS wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:24 am McClain and Jackson in my opinion would be the front runners to win the league. McClain has potential POY Bryson Badgley who suffered an injury last season and missed a good bit of the season. They also return the Potts brothers, Preston Saunders, Lyle White, Braden Wright, Toney, among others. I predict they’ll win 15-17 games. Jackson returns Bragg, Prater, Blankenship, Woodard, Erwin, Hopefully Spires later in season. Maybe Winters? I think Wolford plays as well. I also see them winning 15-17 games. Hillsboro and Miami Trace lost several seniors. I look for 2022 Jakwon Clark to be the go to player for the Indians this winter but I look for them to be down this season. I look for them to win between 5-7 games. For Miami Trace, I think their top players will be 2023 Guard Isaiah Reisinger, and 2023 6’8 Post Player Drew Guthrie. They will be competitive but not competitive enough to win the FAC in my opinion, I see them winning 10-12 games. Chillicothe and Court House were very young this season. Chillicothe had its 2022 6’8 player transfer out to Zane Trace. I look for them to start mostly Juniors this year including Max Lee and Mason Sibberall who started for them a season ago. They will have senior Jaiden Cain who is a special athlete as well. Court House returns basically their entire roster. They had a 2022 Point Guard move in from Trotwood, to combine with 2023 6’6 F Tanner Lemaster, and They also have 2024’s Isaiah Haithcock and John Wall who will be Impact players for the Blue Lions over the next few years. I look for Court House to be improved from last year and could see them winning 10-12 games.it should be a competitive year for FAC basketball, with McClain or Jackson on top!
Hillsboro's Jakwon Clark graduated last year but they still return Quentin Captain and Hunter Price....I will take the over in your 5-7 win prediction

Captain is who I was thinking of. Price is a nice player as well. They also have a couple talented incoming freshman. Tate Davis is gonna be a good one. I hope they are closer to .500 or above! Just my prediction.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Erwin graduated for Jackson and Lyle White graduated I believe for McClain

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:11 pm Erwin graduated for Jackson and Lyle White graduated I believe for McClain
Sheesh, I’m glad I’ll be able to attend games in person this year lol. Does Karagosian play basketball?

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Per Ployd's Pre-season rankings.
McClain
Hillsboro
Miami Trace
Jackson
Washington CH
Chillicothe

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

3rd String wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:11 pm Per Ployd's Pre-season rankings.
McClain
Hillsboro
Miami Trace
Jackson
Washington CH
Chillicothe
I think Hillsboro and MT finish at the bottom. Jackson/McClain battling for the title with Chilli/WCH battling for 3rd place.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Any scrimmages yet, how are they looking. I read in another post Courthouse scrimmaged Huntington (Ross , I'm assuming) last night. said they played tough defense. Anyone else started up yet.

I agree with FACSPORTS, Greenfield and Jackson should be at the top. Geenfield returns everyone. Jackson returns 6 of their top 8. Hopefully they can get into basketball mode quickly. as they will begin league play soon after their football season ends.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Any FAC teams dealing with what SVC is dealing with in terms of low numbers or key players deciding not to play?

WCHfan
Waterboy

Post by WCHfan »

McClain
Hillsboro
Miami Trace
Jackson
Washington CH
Chillicothe
McClain
Jackson
Washington CH
Hillsboro
Miami Trace
Chillicothe

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

WCHfan wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:52 pm
McClain
Hillsboro
Miami Trace
Jackson
Washington CH
Chillicothe
McClain
Jackson
Washington CH
Hillsboro
Miami Trace
Chillicothe
WCHFan, How do the Blue Lions look so far this season?

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Where do Mischel and Wise and the younger Badgley kid fit in the picture at Greenfield.They are solid basketball players, Wise 6'3 and athletic, and Mischel can shoot it from anywhere. Lil Badgley is physical and does some things well. They saw limited minutes last year on the varsity floor and didn't have Big Badgley. With everyone returning, are they just lost in the shuffle, or will mcclain go 9-10 deep?

Return to “Boys Basketball”