2021-2022 SVC

Snotnose
Riding the Bench

Re: 2021-2022 SVC

Post by Snotnose »

Early start for a boys game. I didn’t know they could even play a regular season game before Thanksgiving. Unioto gets the first one in the win column, and I see where Branson was a major contributor. I still say 2nd place finish with 4 losses in the league. ZT will beat them twice, PV knocks them off on their home court, and Piketon gets them when they visit Redstreak land.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

MLittle, what's your take on Unioto this year? Can they win the SVC? Deep tourney run? Win a fight with a girl during lunch? Give me something brother.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:23 am MLittle, what's your take on Unioto this year? Can they win the SVC? Deep tourney run? Win a fight with a girl during lunch? Give me something brother.
I think it’s ZT’s league to lose. It’s hard to tell with us right now. Could we win the league, sure. Will we, probably not. I think it goes ZT then Piketon/Unioto/PV right there within a game of each other.

Branson can go for 25 a night if he’s locked in. Definitely a top athlete in the league. Even with Galloway not playing I think we will be solid down low. Evan Park is gonna be a monster this year. We also have a 6’5” Soph in Perkins who is solid and will only get better. Look for Park to get 15 and 8+ a night. All in all a pretty young team. We play 3-4 sophomores and a frosh so we will more than likely be inconsistent at times. But with Park and Branson we should be able to hang in with the top teams and have opportunities to win those games. The addition to the coaching staff might just be enough to get us over the top tho.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

mlittle wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:57 am
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:23 am MLittle, what's your take on Unioto this year? Can they win the SVC? Deep tourney run? Win a fight with a girl during lunch? Give me something brother.
I think it’s ZT’s league to lose. It’s hard to tell with us right now. Could we win the league, sure. Will we, probably not. I think it goes ZT then Piketon/Unioto/PV right there within a game of each other.

Branson can go for 25 a night if he’s locked in. Definitely a top athlete in the league. Even with Galloway not playing I think we will be solid down low. Evan Park is gonna be a monster this year. We also have a 6’5” Soph in Perkins who is solid and will only get better. Look for Park to get 15 and 8+ a night. All in all a pretty young team. We play 3-4 sophomores and a frosh so we will more than likely be inconsistent at times. But with Park and Branson we should be able to hang in with the top teams and have opportunities to win those games. The addition to the coaching staff might just be enough to get us over the top tho.
I did see your son on the bench last night. Coach Little would be a nice addition to any team!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Svcguru wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:07 pm

I did see your son on the bench last night. Coach Little would be a nice addition to any team!
Yea he’s coaching his little bro on freshman amd JV squad. Was very fun for me in those 2 games last night. Very proud

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mlittle wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:15 pm
Svcguru wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:07 pm

Thank you. he’s coaching his little bro on freshman amd JV squad. Was very fun for me in those 2 games last night. Very proud

Snotnose
Riding the Bench

Post by Snotnose »

SVC teams go 2-3 to start out the first weekend of play with PV and Unioto winning. U beating MT is a nice opening win, can’t tell anything about PV’s win because their opponent might not win a game all season.
SE score is interesting. Sounds like they were in this game all four quarters. Low scoring game, are the Panthers playing really good D or was it an offensive disaster for both teams??
ZT, Adena losses to solid teams. Still waiting on Huntington, Piketon, Westfall to take the court for the first time.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Snotnose wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:10 am SVC teams go 2-3 to start out the first weekend of play with PV and Unioto winning. U beating MT is a nice opening win, can’t tell anything about PV’s win because their opponent might not win a game all season.
SE score is interesting. Sounds like they were in this game all four quarters. Low scoring game, are the Panthers playing really good D or was it an offensive disaster for both teams??
ZT, Adena losses to solid teams. Still waiting on Huntington, Piketon, Westfall to take the court for the first time.
Piketon played Waverly last night in a fundraiser game and lost 75-36, Waverly pulling varsity players at the start of the 4th. Piketon struggled badly. Now this will probably be the best team or at least one the best teams they see all year, so Piketon may be able to compete in most of their games. But they seem to be really lacking a point guard and have little to no depth. The first two players off their bench were guys that saw JV action.

Snotnose
Riding the Bench

Post by Snotnose »

Piketon’s problems are the same that will hinder all the bottom half teams in the league. They always seem to be solid defensively, which I thought would make up for their offensive woes. Waverly I’m sure will be the best offense they’ll see all year. They play Western this week so we can get a little comparison between them and SE at least. SE just lost to Western in a low scoring affair.

Snotnose
Riding the Bench

Post by Snotnose »

Tough night for the SVC. 1-6 on the night with Huntington being the only win. A lot of tough matchups tonight, Huntington took advantage of the most winnable game out of everyone tonight. Biggest surprise tonight, PV getting beat at home by Lynchburg. Also, SE ahead of Piketon?? Piketon was never in the game with Western tonight, and SE competed with Western for four quarters their first game.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Snotnose wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:58 pm Tough night for the SVC. 1-6 on the night with Huntington being the only win. A lot of tough matchups tonight, Huntington took advantage of the most winnable game out of everyone tonight. Biggest surprise tonight, PV getting beat at home by Lynchburg. Also, SE ahead of Piketon?? Piketon was never in the game with Western tonight, and SE competed with Western for four quarters their first game.
Piketons biggest issue will be at the PG position. They have good role Players with Gullion and Swayne but they struggle to create their own shots. Could be a tough season if they can’t find a PG to create

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

https://svcsportstalk.com/?page_id=15090

Opening weekend of SVC play is complete, with 3 teams sitting at 2-0.

Some exciting games on Friday, not so much on Saturday.

Next Friday should be interesting with Paint Valley at Unioto and Westfall at Zane Trace

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:27 am https://svcsportstalk.com/?page_id=15090

Next Friday should be interesting with Paint Valley at Unioto and Westfall at Zane Trace
Home teams should really hold suit in those matchups shouldn’t they? Unioto’s excellent defense should contain Grubb. Zante Trace’s schedule so far should have them more than ready for Westfall

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

It's ab stopping Dax. Not Grubb

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Zt @ Unioto was an instant classic. So nice to be back in a packed, energized gym. My takeaways from this game is Unioto is better than predicted and Zt isn’t as good as predicted. Now that could change as the season unfolds. Unioto will go as far as Branson can take them. He has proven he is the best player in the league. As far as Zt. The talent is across the board but Coach K Is going to have to figure out a lineup that can gel and produce some constant offense. They looked very Stagnant at times on Friday.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

DJT47 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:23 am It's ab stopping Dax. Not Grubb
Is Unioto not the team to do it though?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:25 pm
GD right they are

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:00 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:25 pm
GD right they are
That was my point, minus the alcohol 😁

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:10 am
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:27 am https://svcsportstalk.com/?page_id=15090

Home teams should really hold suit in those matchups shouldn’t they? Unioto’s excellent defense should contain Grubb. Zante Trace’s schedule so far should have them more than ready for Westfall
Grubb and Estep are very good. It’s a shame that McDonald got hurt on Friday, hopefully he won’t be out long for the Bearcats.

I think ZT vs Westfall will show how well the Mustangs will be able to compete against size and length. I’m not sure they can keep ZT off the glass.

Westfall travels to PV on Saturday, so tough weekend for them

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:53 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:10 am

Grubb and Estep are very good. It’s a shame that McDonald got hurt on Friday, hopefully he won’t be out long for the Bearcats.

I think ZT vs Westfall will show how well the Mustangs will be able to compete against size and length. I’m not sure they can keep ZT off the glass.

Westfall travels to PV on Saturday, so tough weekend for them
Unfortunately, McDonald will be out the rest of basketball season and (most likely) all of baseball season as he tore his ACL on Friday night...

Return to “Boys Basketball”