2021-2022 SVC

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

2021-2022 SVC

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

I know several teams are still playing football this Friday, but basketball is getting close. What are your thoughts on the league this year? Whose your favorite to win it?

Buckeye_Football
Waterboy

Re: 2021-2022 SVC

Post by Buckeye_Football »

Zane Trace is probably the pick but I wouldn’t count out Paint Valley and Unioto. Should be an exciting year in the SVC.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

How many starters do the Pioneers have coming back?
I know the U lost a lot of production from last year. Adena graduated everybody, got some talent in the program just no experience. PV will have a solid squad. SE is in trouble, rumor is they had a lot of kids quit, transfer, and are starting from scratch. Huntington will be improved I believe they will win some games. Not sure about Piketon and Westfall.

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

The Bearcats bring back A TON of experience, including Cordell Grubb, Dax Estep, Cole Miller, Trent Mettler, Blaine Parker, and Connor Free, all who started games for the Bearcats last year, along with Seniors Justin Hall and Brenton Ewry. They also have added Dillon McDonald from Adena, who is an all-league talent. Rumor has it that 'Cats QB Cavan Cooper might be making an appearance on the basketball court for the Bearcats this season too.

Also have a solid freshman/sophomore class coming in. Two names at the JV level to look out for are Carson Free (9th) and Bryson Dunham (10th).

Overall, this is one of the deepest Bearcat teams in history and it is going to be fun to see how things shake out.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I saw Zane Trace scrimmage Portsmouth this summer, and the Pioneers have a lot of size. I would be very surprised if ZT wasn't playing in the Convo in the district semifinal or final.

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

PVBearcat2012 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:39 am The Bearcats bring back A TON of experience, including Cordell Grubb, Dax Estep, Cole Miller, Trent Mettler, Blaine Parker, and Connor Free, all who started games for the Bearcats last year, along with Seniors Justin Hall and Brenton Ewry. They also have added Dillon McDonald from Adena, who is an all-league talent. Rumor has it that 'Cats QB Cavan Cooper might be making an appearance on the basketball court for the Bearcats this season too.

Also have a solid freshman/sophomore class coming in. Two names at the JV level to look out for are Carson Free (9th) and Bryson Dunham (10th).

Overall, this is one of the deepest Bearcat teams in history and it is going to be fun to see how things shake out.
Carson will be a stud in a few years. You're reaching on Dunham.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

This one in my opinion is a 2 team race between Unioto and Zane Trace. Zane Trace had picked up a few Chillicothe Transfers as did Unioto. Did the Kids who were at ZT this summer, stay or go back to play for the new coach?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

3rdstring: ZT had 2 kids in summer ball vs. Portsmouth that reportedly had transferred from Chillicothe......one was a big and the other a PG. From what I've heard since then, the PG went back to CHS after Pat Beard was hired as head coach. Not the official word, but that's what I heard.

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

3rd String wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:27 am This one in my opinion is a 2 team race between Unioto and Zane Trace. Zane Trace had picked up a few Chillicothe Transfers as did Unioto. Did the Kids who were at ZT this summer, stay or go back to play for the new coach?
The PG went back to Chillicothe and the big man stayed at ZT.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

PV - thanks for the info.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

3rd String wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:27 am This one in my opinion is a 2 team race between Unioto and Zane Trace. Zane Trace had picked up a few Chillicothe Transfers as did Unioto. Did the Kids who were at ZT this summer, stay or go back to play for the new coach?
The pg went back to Chillicothe and the big man stayed at ZT. You are correct this is definitely a two team race between ZT & Unioto. ZT was young a year ago starting 3 sophomores and only having 2 seniors. They were big last year but this year they are even bigger.They have 3 seniors over 6ft (6’8, 6’3, 6,2). 3 juniors all 6’4. Two with man size bodies and the other is a skinny athletic guard who
Can jump out of the gym. Also a 6’3 sophomore who could see the floor. Who transferred to Unioto from Chillicothe? I heard the hall kid from southeastern did but then went to Chillicothe with Pat Beard.
Last edited by Svcguru on Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Interesting fact ZT opens league play @ Unioto December 10.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Svcguru wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:55 pm
The pg went back to Chillicothe and the big man stayed at ZT. You are correct this is definitely a two team race between ZT & Unioto. ZT was young a year ago starting 3 sophomores and only having 2 seniors. They were big last year but this year they are even bigger.They have 3 seniors over 6ft (6’8, 6’3, 6,2). 3 juniors all 6’4. Two with man size bodies and the other is a skinny athletic guard who
Can jump out of the gym. Also an athletic 6’3 sophomore who could see the floor. Who transferred to Unioto from Chillicothe? I heard the hall kid from southeastern did but then went to Chillicothe with Pat Beard.
Last season Unioto Picked up 2 Chillicothe Kids, not this season. Tayvion Galloway (6'5-6'6 post player) and a Guard, that played on JV last season I believe. They both played Unioto Last season as Freshman.

It was more a point of, CHillicothe has lost 5 solid basketball players in the last 2 years. Had they all stayed, Chillicothe would be a top contender in the FAC.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

3rd String wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:14 pm
Can jump out of the gym. Also an athletic 6’3 sophomore who could see the floor. Who transferred to Unioto from Chillicothe? I heard the hall kid from southeastern did but then went to Chillicothe with Pat Beard.
Last season Unioto Picked up 2 Chillicothe Kids, not this season. Tayvion Galloway (6'5-6'6 post player) and a Guard, that played on JV last season I believe. They both played Unioto Last season as Freshman.

It was more a point of, CHillicothe has lost 5 solid basketball players in the last 2 years. Had they all stayed, Chillicothe would be a top contender in the FAC.
Yeah I familiar with Galloway & Netters both very good players. The simple fact is in Chillicothe with 5 high schools being within a 10 mile radius of Chillicothe it’s easy for kids to transfer. I don’t have a problem with it. Kids want to make the most out of a short 3-4 years. Hoops, Kellough and now Beard are coaches kids want to play for. I’m surprised that some of the kids that we mentioned haven’t went back to play for coach Beard at Chillicothe though.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Zt opens up league play @ Unioto on Dec 10.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Svcguru wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:59 pm
3rd String wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:14 pm

Yeah I familiar with Galloway & Netters both very good players. The simple fact is in Chillicothe with 5 high schools being within a 10 mile radius of Chillicothe it’s easy for kids to transfer. I don’t have a problem with it. Kids want to make the most out of a short 3-4 years. Hoops, Kellough and now Beard are coaches kids want to play for. I’m surprised that some of the kids that we mentioned haven’t went back to play for coach Beard at Chillicothe though.
I am very surprised as well, I assumed the the big and PG that went to ZT this past summer would both go back to Chillicothe. But we all know assuming does.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

I've heard that due to the blow up in recruiting for Tayvion, he will be transferring to a larger school to play football/basketball next season.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Ironton? haha

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

FACSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:09 am I've heard that due to the blow up in recruiting for Tayvion, he will be transferring to a larger school to play football/basketball next season.
It honestly would not surprise me. I was surprised he did not leave after his freshman year.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

PVBearcat2012 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:09 am
FACSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:09 am I've heard that due to the blow up in recruiting for Tayvion, he will be transferring to a larger school to play football/basketball next season.
It honestly would not surprise me. I was surprised he did not leave after his freshman year.
Right now i think he has around 5 FBS offers for Football. I could see him transferring to somewhere in the OCC.

Return to “Boys Basketball”