Scrimmages:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Scrimmages:

Post by smurray »

From a parent at Ft. Loramie today:

🧡🖤Waverly Tigers Basketball🧡🖤
First scrimmage: We played five 12 minute sessions and went 5-0. We beat some good teams…Old Fort, Rossford, Afrocentric, West Carrollton and Chaminade Juliane!
All In!! 🧡🖤

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Took in the foundation game between western and Fairfield, Western looked really good. Fairfield had no answer for chase carter. He is going to be a problem for most teams. Great foot work, scores inside and out. Knocked down a three last night. And my favorite part of his game. He is a great free throw shooter. Should shoot 80-85 percent. He opens up the floor for Whitt, Miller, Brewster and Haggy, to have open shots because he demands so much attention. All four of those kids can knock down the open shots. When Coach Williams develops some of the young raw talent and has a bench late in the year, they will be really tough to beat.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Great to here about the Tigers. They are going to be super fun to watch this year and could go undefeated!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Drove over to Zane Trace this morning to see the Pioneers take on Warren's Warriors.

Warren will be a work in progress all season. Looking to find an identity the Warriors struggle to find outside scorers, someone to run the show handle the ball under pressure. THAT is the piece that is missing at this point in the preseason - Warren had the 2 frontrunners at the PG position sitting due to injury. Outside of THIS glaring missing piece - teams better strap on their big boy pants - the Warriors play physical D, at one stretch during the 3rd 12 minute qtr. ZT's transfer got physical with a Warren player - for the next 7 minutes the Warriors played in the face, shutdown D won the quarter 18-8 ... scored out of transition, got to the rim where they are definitely effective with Sallee/Taylor/Pettey ... ZT as physical as THEY ARE - as they are very physical - were taken completely out of their game, backed down by the Warren physicality - it was fun to watch ... Warren will struggle until they find perimeter scoring ... right now no besides Sallee is a perimeter threat ... a work in progress.

Zane Trace won all of the quarters that had Warren mixing in bench and jv players - the Pioneers of Coach K have all kinds of depth. Big, strong inside and outside - play a physical brand of hoops for sure but they have the bodies to back it up. The 6-8 transfer did some good things with the 2nd team, obviously blocks some shots, had a couple of dunks ... ZT didn't show me anything that would have me question my ranking at #2 - deep off the bench, big, strong, inside outside scoring potential, can play physical with anyone ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:39 pm Took in the foundation game between western and Fairfield, Western looked really good. Fairfield had no answer for chase carter. He is going to be a problem for most teams. Great foot work, scores inside and out. Knocked down a three last night. And my favorite part of his game. He is a great free throw shooter. Should shoot 80-85 percent. He opens up the floor for Whitt, Miller, Brewster and Haggy, to have open shots because he demands so much attention. All four of those kids can knock down the open shots. When Coach Williams develops some of the young raw talent and has a bench late in the year, they will be really tough to beat.
... always good to read about teams that are "projected" to be good - turning out to live up to the projections. Good stuff! I'll put a star beside Western Pike on the big board !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Are all of the schools charging admission to their scrimmages? ZT charged to get in today ($2) ... I don't have a problem with it but never have paid before ...

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:46 pm Drove over to Zane Trace this morning to see the Pioneers take on Warren's Warriors.

Warren will be a work in progress all season. Looking to find an identity the Warriors struggle to find outside scorers, someone to run the show handle the ball under pressure. THAT is the piece that is missing at this point in the preseason - Warren had the 2 frontrunners at the PG position sitting due to injury. Outside of THIS glaring missing piece - teams better strap on their big boy pants - the Warriors play physical D, at one stretch during the 3rd 12 minute qtr. ZT's transfer got physical with a Warren player - for the next 7 minutes the Warriors played in the face, shutdown D won the quarter 18-8 ... scored out of transition, got to the rim where they are definitely effective with Sallee/Taylor/Pettey ... ZT as physical as THEY ARE - as they are very physical - were taken completely out of their game, backed down by the Warren physicality - it was fun to watch ... Warren will struggle until they find perimeter scoring ... right now no besides Sallee is a perimeter threat ... a work in progress.

Zane Trace won all of the quarters that had Warren mixing in bench and jv players - the Pioneers of Coach K have all kinds of depth. Big, strong inside and outside - play a physical brand of hoops for sure but they have the bodies to back it up. The 6-8 transfer did some good things with the 2nd team, obviously blocks some shots, had a couple of dunks ... ZT didn't show me anything that would have me question my ranking at #2 - deep off the bench, big, strong, inside outside scoring potential, can play physical with anyone ...
Thanks for the update Pfloyd, I figure that will be Warren's issue for awhile to begin the season and hopefully others will be able to step up and maybe earn some playing time. Our jv team should be great this year, and who knows, we might even see a few freshman get some minutes through out the season including a talented freshman from Belpre from what I was told. Hoping to get my hands on a roster soon. Any idea who the two are in contention for the other 2 starting spots?

Go Blue
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Whs95fan wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:08 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:46 pm Drove over to Zane Trace this morning to see the Pioneers take on Warren's Warriors.

Thanks for the update Pfloyd, I figure that will be Warren's issue for awhile to begin the season and hopefully others will be able to step up and maybe earn some playing time. Our jv team should be great this year, and who knows, we might even see a few freshman get some minutes through out the season including a talented freshman from Belpre from what I was told. Hoping to get my hands on a roster soon. Any idea who the two are in contention for the other 2 starting spots?
Not sure who they are ... Coach Mitchem said they have up to 4 that will see time ... the young man today did a nice job! younger player - not tall , strong looking kid - played tough! - defensively got after it - needs to shoot the ball ... they aren't that far away ... the JV looked good !!! one of the quarters for them was a 27-13 thrashing by WHS ... some athletes out there ... I can see a few getting varsity time this year ...

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I know it’s Kentucky but I watched Ashland vs a Huntington Prep and Ashland is very impressive they won 99-82 and never trailed after a run early on

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West scrimmaged at Wellston who is projected to be pretty good
1st quartet was 18-18
2nd quarter West won convincingly
West won the rest of the quarters

Wellston had a good player sprain his ankle

Wellston has a couple guys that shoot well. But West was more athletic and way deeper.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Westfan wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:55 pm West scrimmaged at Wellston who is projected to be pretty good
1st quartet was 18-18

Wellston has a couple guys that shoot well. But West was more athletic and way deeper.
Wellston is not projected to be very good. pfloyd has them at #35 in his preseason rankings. I think they're somewhere in the 30-50 range.

Nonetheless sounds like West had a good showing. Guard play will keep West in a lot of games.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Any other FAC teams had a scrimmage yet outside of the one mentioned earlier between WCH and Huntington? If so, how did they look?

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

Eastern Brown scrimmaged at Vinton County Friday night. I really did not get any details though.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Unioto hosts North Adams tonight.

WCHfan
Waterboy

Post by WCHfan »

FACSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:40 am Any other FAC teams had a scrimmage yet outside of the one mentioned earlier between WCH and Huntington? If so, how did they look?
Miami Trace scrimmaged Adena last Thursday, both teams played hard defensively. If memory serves me, Adena won first two quarters, Trace Third, Adena Forth and Trace won the last two.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

WCHfan wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:59 am
FACSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:40 am Any other FAC teams had a scrimmage yet outside of the one mentioned earlier between WCH and Huntington? If so, how did they look?
Miami Trace scrimmaged Adena last Thursday, both teams played hard defensively. If memory serves me, Adena won first two quarters, Trace Third, Adena Forth and Trace won the last two.
Isn't Adena supposed to be way down this year?

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

I believe Adena lost a good bit, bu they had a solid JV squad, with a few decent players, New coach, new system. I think Adena will be ok.

WCHfan
Waterboy

Post by WCHfan »

FACSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:36 pm
WCHfan wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:59 am
Isn't Adena supposed to be way down this year?
I'm not sure what the expectations are but they looked pretty good offensively. Keep in mind Trace was without the Guthrie.....had he been there it may have been different outcome. Adena coach came from Greenfield so I have watched him for a few years, I expect him to have them ready.

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

Westfan wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:55 pm West scrimmaged at Wellston who is projected to be pretty good
1st quartet was 18-18

Any word on the West at Rock Hill scrimmage? How’d each team look?

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Is anyone attending any of these scrimmages tonight?

Chillicothe vs Harvest Prep
Hillsboro @ Whiteoak
Zane Trace vs Lancaster

Return to “Boys Basketball”