Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 2021-22

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 2021-22

Post by Ironman92 »

Hillsboro looks too high. Lost Scott and others who were huge for them. Miami Trace lost their best player so I don’t see how they are improved.

Also Unioto has a lot but Tayvian Galloway announced on Twitter today he wasn’t playing basketball to prep for future football success

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

This list is ehh.
Last edited by HatTrick on Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Another person trying to start something. If you dont like the list do the same amount of work pfloyd puts in to it and start your own.

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

peake71 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:54 pm Another person trying to start something. If you dont like the list do the same amount of work pfloyd puts in to it and start your own.
Apologies-came off as harsh. I typically agree with Mr. Pfloyd-just not this time. Sorry if your feelings were hurt Peake.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

HatTrick wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:12 am This list is ehh.
let see how long it takes you to put up something on a top 25/50 without taking notes from Pfloyd's. Looks like you might be a newbee trying to look good. Just come on here and disagreeing with it all and nothing put up saying why. People disagree with Pfloyd's ranking but they usually say why.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

edited below
Last edited by Blitz on Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Blitz wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:00 am Pfloyd great work as usual and Thanks for all the time you put into this every year!! I think Wheelersburg might be your P West this year. Alot of new faces for those outside of Burg but familiar to us. This junior class has had to sit on JV behind the extremely talented Senior class that graduated last year. I don't think they have lost a game since 7th grade quietly putting together a pretty impressive run. It's not just the wins but the margin has been ridiculous at times. Not sure how Ater will utilize this group but he has some interesting options as far as lineups and one of his deeper teams. Hopefully he can get his football players at the end of the season injury free. I think 3 of his starters are playing. As usual Burg will be playing catchup early in the season but come January will be a tough out

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:03 am
let see how long it takes you to put up something on a top 25/50 without taking notes from Pfloyd's. Looks like you might be a newbee trying to look good. Just come on here and disagreeing with it all and nothing put up saying why. People disagree with Pfloyd's ranking but they usually say why.
Hold on now, Its his opinion on a forum that allows opinions. Could he have stated a reason why he thought the list was, ehhh? Sure but he doesn't have to. If you don't like the post then ask him why its bad? I am sure Floyd has some strong shoulders he can handle it.

I also think its a pretty weird/ehh list from the lists I have seen in the past. Eastern Brown in the 28th spot? Them or North Adams should win the SHAC this season. What has McClain done to deserve a top 8 ranking, what has PV done to deserve 10th. South Webster? just because they are suppose to be returning a solid core and adding a few freshman in a tough league they get to be in the top 8? Not to mention are they 22 spots better than burg? Whiteoak is 22 but Western Pike is 34 who beat them in the sectional championship last season. North Adams beat western and Piketon by 20 this summer. Sure they didn't have every player this summer but they are only one spot ahead of them two?

The bottom of the list could go any way and it gets much harder to rank those teams. However, the top teams are known by most members of this site. Will they always pan out that way, absolutely not. But what from what I've seen in the past rankings I just believe this is one of not so good ones. Go a head and bash away but if you cant have a conversation on here without getting upset or argumentative then go back to high school. Everyone knows Pfloyd works hard on his lists, every week. We don't need people coming to his defense because one person disagrees with it and doesn't explain why.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Feelings not hurt, you can disagree with his list as many do but it was more the wording that seems to be out of place.

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

I think Fairland ends up higher on the list by the end of the season. They did lose 4 incredible starters however they still have Rio Grande commit Aiden Porter and JD Thacker who got some varsity playing time last year. They also gained a transfer that I believe is 6’4 and will be starting this year. Excited to watch the dragons on the court this year and hoping for a successful season.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Western24 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:48 am
noreply66 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:03 am
Hold on now, Its his opinion on a forum that allows opinions. Could he have stated a reason why he thought the list was, ehhh? Sure but he doesn't have to. If you don't like the post then ask him why its bad? I am sure Floyd has some strong shoulders he can handle it.

I also think its a pretty weird/ehh list from the lists I have seen in the past. Eastern Brown in the 28th spot? Them or North Adams should win the SHAC this season. What has McClain done to deserve a top 8 ranking, what has PV done to deserve 10th. South Webster? just because they are suppose to be returning a solid core and adding a few freshman in a tough league they get to be in the top 8? Not to mention are they 22 spots better than burg? Whiteoak is 22 but Western Pike is 34 who beat them in the sectional championship last season. North Adams beat western and Piketon by 20 this summer. Sure they didn't have every player this summer but they are only one spot ahead of them two?

The bottom of the list could go any way and it gets much harder to rank those teams. However, the top teams are known by most members of this site. Will they always pan out that way, absolutely not. But what from what I've seen in the past rankings I just believe this is one of not so good ones. Go a head and bash away but if you cant have a conversation on here without getting upset or argumentative then go back to high school. Everyone knows Pfloyd works hard on his lists, every week. We don't need people coming to his defense because one person disagrees with it and doesn't explain why.
Why did you quote just my post? Also it was my opinion of his opinion.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Changing “trash” to “ehhhhhh” after ya get grilled

Classic

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Wow Pfloyd!

This South Webster resident is a little … surprised.

:-)

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Surprised we aren’t #1 right??

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Adena lost top 5-6 players? Guessing a rebuilding year.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

North Adams was easily the best team I saw this summer. Copas is the real deal. They beat Western and Piketon easily. Western beat Piketon, Paint Valley and McClain. Summer ball is summer ball, but I assume North Adams is a 20 game winner this year.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

AnkleBraces wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:03 pm Adena lost top 5-6 players? Guessing a rebuilding year.
And will have a new coach. But he is putting in the work, scouting scrimmages even...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... glad to see that the preseason rankings are at least creating some debate - even if it directed at myself LOL ... rankings in the past were relatively easy in the preseason as the "usual" cast of characters were in fact the USUAL cast of characters - teams like Fairland, Warren, Logan Elm, Wheelersburg, Unioto, Jackson, Sheridan, Fairfield Union, Eastern Brown, Adena, New Boston, etc. were ALL top 15 teams - no one with any knowledge of SEO hoops questioned them being ranked where they were ... 2020-21 the Covid Season kept ME and most out of the gyms ... games were viewed on "live stream" - I watched a ton of games BUT it's not the same - the "feel" of the games, the "feel" for what teams had size wise, speed wise etc. not there ... the getting to watch the freshmen, jv teams - not there ... throw in the roster sheets !!! - as a person who tries to keep abreast with not only the varsity teams I'm watching I WANT that roster sheet/program that shows me the "future" ... who is coming back etc. IS important - didn't have that last season ... I tried to get the rosters with a thread I started last season so I COULD do napkin stats for games I watched on livestream - got about 54 teams out of the 72 ... but many were partial rosters, lacked classes , heights etc. which brings us to this season or preseason - no excuses for my rankings - I've gone through it after reading how "atrocious" it was - KNOWING now what I DIDN'T know before the rankings - South Webster's atmosphere is apparently the "Peyton Place (I know most of you don't get that one)" of high school hoops - with players NOT participating this season that did last year - SW would be ranked "LOWER" (yes sarcasm) ... Unioto had arguably THE best athlete/all around basketball player in SEO decide to concentrate on football and not play basketball (without both a "varsity proven" PG to fill in for the graduation of Isaac Little AND losing a BIG, a BIG scorer, a BIG defender down low, a BIG rebounder) the U would not be in the top 8 either ... take in the fact that Fairland, Warren, Logan Elm, Wheelersburg, Jackson, Eastern Brown, Peebles, Jackson, Adena , New Boston lost some of the best TEAMS (entire starting lineups in some cases), other teams are counting on the transfers adding to rosters making them league contenders/sectional/regional contenders - all unknowns how they will blend (outside of summer ball) ...
... with the information I had , I looked at the potential, the transfer additions and subtractions etc. put together a STARTING PLACE for the teams that will allow them to move up the rankings or drop down based on losing to teams that are ranked (rightly or wrongly) ... I feel the teams top to bottom are in good positions to play themselves into the best rankings by the season's end ...

... the first 2 weeks will have teams moving into more of where they should be (as is ALWAYS the case)- WE will ALL have seen them play (minus the football playoff teams) ... unknowns/questions will begin to have answers ... the buzz word/phrase in ALL sports this past year has been "it's a process" ... The committee of one will do better as the "games begin" and the "beatings continue" ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... sometimes you have to go out on a limb ... sometimes that limb seems a little shaky ... but you still have to go out there - I'm out there ... "atrocious" ? "ehhh"? ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I HOPE EVERY TEAM does better than my rankings- I ALWAYS say that ! Wheelersburg, Peebles, Warren, Fairland, North Adams etc. you have no idea how hard it is to NOT put them in the top 10 just because they ARE Wheelersburg, Peebles, Warren, Fairland, North Adams etc. ... ALL of us KNOW that as good as players, teams are - the players that raise them to the heights they achieve DO graduate ... as cheap seat regulars we also know that the top players always get replaced by quality players that have come thru the programs that produce the best teams year in year out ... but due to the Covid Season that we all passed through - knowing what's coming up THIS season is harder to forecast ... not an excuse - just a fact ... I'll let the season play out ... maybe the Ouija Board needs to take a backseat to the Magic 8 Ball ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”