Eastern Pike
Manchester
Miller
Portsmouth East

peake71
All Conference

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 2021-22

Post by peake71 »

The Peake about where I thought you might have us. I see you have Gallia ranked high but I saw somewhere their big man got hurt during football.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:07 pm The Peake about where I thought you might have us. I see you have Gallia ranked high but I saw somewhere their big man got hurt during football.
Those are things that will throw a wrench into the initial rankings - I hope he's able to get on the court sooner than later - Big Isaac Clary IS the difference maker in the paint for GAHS at both ends of the court.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Going to be an interesting season to say the least.
Waverly is officially basketball mode now that the football Tigers fell to Massie.
I think everyone played football but Trey.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Great job as always Pfloyd. Can’t wait to be back in the gym. Just a few thoughts on the list. After watching some teams in the summer. (I know I know summer doesn’t tell is much but anyways). Waverly in my mind is a clear number one. Unioto is a little high. Norte Dame is a little low. Western has a good chance to move up the list. Can’t wait to see Portsmouth and see how much they have improved. To me Minford will end up as the second best team in the soc II. Interested to see Huntington with the new coach. What can Wheelersburg do with a little less talent than it is used to, but a great coach. East beat clay over the summer, maybe they can win a game or two this year and move out of the last spot! See y’all in the gym,

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly scrimmaging 7 other teams at Ft. Loramie next Saturday.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

A more than fair ranking for Warren, Pfloyd. A large senior and freshman class so we'll see if these seniors can step up and fill some of the void last year's senior class left. Another tough schedule awaits Warren and they'll be tested early in the season. They play in the ZT tip off classic this year but I can't seem to find which team they play.

Go Blue
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Only 1 TVC team in top 25--- that shows how weak the TVC is--we need to get better

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

👀👀👀👀

Come on now.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I had to check the date on this post and see it wasn’t from 2006 or 2014

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:01 am Great job as always Pfloyd. Can’t wait to be back in the gym. Just a few thoughts on the list. After watching some teams in the summer. (I know I know summer doesn’t tell is much but anyways). Waverly in my mind is a clear number one. Unioto is a little high. Norte Dame is a little low. Western has a good chance to move up the list. Can’t wait to see Portsmouth and see how much they have improved. To me Minford will end up as the second best team in the soc II. Interested to see Huntington with the new coach. What can Wheelersburg do with a little less talent than it is used to, but a great coach. East beat clay over the summer, maybe they can win a game or two this year and move out of the last spot! See y’all in the gym,
Thanks Ukfanatic ! THIS was a tough preseason to rank teams - so many "expectations" to go with the "unknowns" surrounding those expectations ... Notre Dame for example - a good team to begin with (almost/should have knocked off the loaded NB team last season) THEN the transfer pipeline elevates them ON PAPER into a possible top 10 team ... on paper to the court - show me the money ... Unioto - I actually see them having a great opportunity to be HIGHER in the rankings ... size Tayvion Galloway 6-5 (rebounder/shot blocker/perimeter scorer/inside scorer/can create his own offense - Tayvion may just be THE best all around player in SEO), Evan Park 6-5 (inside outside threat - proven), De'Sean Branson 6-1 (OUSTANDING defensive player is an understatement, is a transition highlight film stuffer by himself, if he wants to get to the rim - he WILL get to the rim - scores of the dribble) - coming back with varsity experience 6-5 Jordan Perkins/6-5 Gage Corcoran (we've heard that last name before in U lore) ... THE question mark I have for the U is - Who will be THAT guy who runs the show, distribute the rock, penetrate and dish, can score from the perimeter enough to keep defenses from doubling down on the bigs - yep who replaces PG Isaac Little ... Coach Hoops finds THAT guy - the ceiling is the limit for the U imo ... Western is again a "should be" a quality TEAM this season lots of pieces for sure -Kolten Miller (15ppg last season), Noah Whitt (11ppg/6 rbs last season), Reed Brewster at PG answer the question as to who is going to make the show run - less than 2 turnovers pg last year ... they picked up a BIG in the transfer portal in Chase Carter from Eastern Pike ... on paper has the on paper potential - show me on the court ... Huntington? as soon as they "signed" Coach Bradley the "value" of HHS went up - I like what Coach B does with his TEAMS - will it take awhile? probably but 4 starters returning - I'll be watching them all season on game nights to see how Coach Bradley is doing in Huntsmen land ... Minford with Trenton Zimmerman & Knore will be a team to watch but they lost Vogelsong Lewis/Risner/Skaggs - big shoes to fill ...

Just trying to get in hoops mode here !!! I'm pumped ! Waiting for the lineup of games for the ZT Tip Off Classic to come out - I am soooo ready to spend a day in the Cheap Seats watching games, doing napkin stats, game rundowns from being EYES ON IN PERSON, talking hoops with folks I haven't seen in over a year !!! Coaches, players, players families, fans of the game I MISSED THEM ALL !!! time to lace 'em up and tip it off !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

smurray wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:39 am Waverly scrimmaging 7 other teams at Ft. Loramie next Saturday.
... Who are the other teams ? (besides Ft/ Loramie lol)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Was wondering what Logan has to be this high? Don't hear too much from the Logan people on Logan.
Looks like they have a ruff schedule. Playing a lot of Big schools this winter.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace went 9-12 last year.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The South Webster delegation has requested the on paper breakdown for that #8 spot.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Whs95fan wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:08 am A more than fair ranking for Warren, Pfloyd. A large senior and freshman class so we'll see if these seniors can step up and fill some of the void last year's senior class left. Another tough schedule awaits Warren and they'll be tested early in the season. They play in the ZT tip off classic this year but I can't seem to find which team they play.
I struggled with Warren, Logan Elm, Eastern Brown, Fairland ... outstanding PROGRAMS - top to bottom ... outstanding Head Coaches/TEACHERS of the game top to bottom - you don't drop THESE teams/program off the face of the earth no matter what left to graduation! the players who have yet to make a name for themselves have been waiting behind some to the best to wear the uniforms for their respective teams/programs ... the coaches have taught the game the right way to ALL of the players in the program - getting THAT OPPORTUNITY play in prime time is the common ingredient for the NEW NAMES that will be on our napkin stat sheets - I can wait to see the next editions that EACH of these teams/programs rollout this season ... all of them will take their knocks early - but they WILL LEARN - players will learn their roles to make TEAM the best TEAM it can/will be ... Coach Maddox's cupboard isn't totally bare with 6-5 Brayden Sallee (he needs to force his will on the game more but he can do it from inside and outside) , Dennis Pettey returns - DP in my opinion was one of the most improved players in all of SEO last season! strong, can find the bigs inside , Trent Taylor is also a player to see varsity minutes last season ... finding/replacing a Seth Dennis at PG will be a goal early on for WHS- lots of teams will want to get to Warren EARLY in the season - the 2nd time around "ain't" going to be easy ... Logan Elm - you can't find a better coaching staff ANYWHERE - Coach Stiverson, Coach Holbert, Coach Dropsey all teachers of the game and motivators of players ... Tanner Holbert will be the anchor - that guy with varsity experience ... filling roles, finding the scorers will be the goal for this season for sure ... I'll go see the Braves at least once early, at least once midseason and definitely at the end as this will be a Braves team that will grow all season long ... Fairland - Coach Hoops & Co "ain't" drop off of the basketball map in the OCC or SEO ... when you have one of the best guard's in SEO with Aiden Porter (Rio commit) - handles the ball/scores from anywhere on the court, plays lock down D, he does it all ... he can handle the ball but won't have to as Steeler Leep can distribute from the PG position (he had varsity experience last season), JD Thacker plays D and scores the ball (more varsity experience) Zander Schmidt another starter with AP - Schmidt is nothing less that outstanding in all phases of the game - defensively, distributes the ball, scores in transition, will step up his own scoring at the offensive end ... the Dragon JVs were good with players who saw time on varsity throughout the season ... will be looking to see who falls into the paint for FHS this season ... good stuff !!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:40 am
smurray wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:39 am Waverly scrimmaging 7 other teams at Ft. Loramie next Saturday.
I don’t know yet, will try to find out.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

smurray wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:44 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:40 am
I don’t know yet, will try to find out.
Fort Loramie
Rossford
Chaminade Julienne
Dublin Jerome
Findlay
Old Fort
Africentric

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:04 pm The South Webster delegation has requested the on paper breakdown for that #8 spot.
... too high ? ...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I mean we’ll take it but realistically we’re 4th place in SOC 2

Return to “Boys Basketball”