Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 2021-22

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 2021-22

Post by Orange and Brown »

@pfloyd Great job brother. Glad you are back for another year. Love all the hard work you put into this every single year.

The rankings always shake out by mid season so slow down and relax folks

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

After seeing the list, who is everyone’s pick for biggest move. Either up or down?

Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Post by Personal Foul »

vcgrad wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:15 am Only 1 TVC team in top 25--- that shows how weak the TVC is--we need to get better
Trimble at 5, VC at 16

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:37 am
Ukfanatic wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:01 am Great job as always Pfloyd. Can’t wait to be back in the gym. Just a few thoughts on the list. After watching some teams in the summer. (I know I know summer doesn’t tell is much but anyways). Waverly in my mind is a clear number one. Unioto is a little high. Norte Dame is a little low. Western has a good chance to move up the list. Can’t wait to see Portsmouth and see how much they have improved. To me Minford will end up as the second best team in the soc II. Interested to see Huntington with the new coach. What can Wheelersburg do with a little less talent than it is used to, but a great coach. East beat clay over the summer, maybe they can win a game or two this year and move out of the last spot! See y’all in the gym,
Thanks Ukfanatic ! THIS was a tough preseason to rank teams - so many "expectations" to go with the "unknowns" surrounding those expectations ... Notre Dame for example - a good team to begin with (almost/should have knocked off the loaded NB team last season) THEN the transfer pipeline elevates them ON PAPER into a possible top 10 team ... on paper to the court - show me the money ... Unioto - I actually see them having a great opportunity to be HIGHER in the rankings ... size Tayvion Galloway 6-5 (rebounder/shot blocker/perimeter scorer/inside scorer/can create his own offense - Tayvion may just be THE best all around player in SEO), Evan Park 6-5 (inside outside threat - proven), De'Sean Branson 6-1 (OUSTANDING defensive player is an understatement, is a transition highlight film stuffer by himself, if he wants to get to the rim - he WILL get to the rim - scores of the dribble) - coming back with varsity experience 6-5 Jordan Perkins/6-5 Gage Corcoran (we've heard that last name before in U lore) ... THE question mark I have for the U is - Who will be THAT guy who runs the show, distribute the rock, penetrate and dish, can score from the perimeter enough to keep defenses from doubling down on the bigs - yep who replaces PG Isaac Little ... Coach Hoops finds THAT guy - the ceiling is the limit for the U imo ... Western is again a "should be" a quality TEAM this season lots of pieces for sure -Kolten Miller (15ppg last season), Noah Whitt (11ppg/6 rbs last season), Reed Brewster at PG answer the question as to who is going to make the show run - less than 2 turnovers pg last year ... they picked up a BIG in the transfer portal in Chase Carter from Eastern Pike ... on paper has the on paper potential - show me on the court ... Huntington? as soon as they "signed" Coach Bradley the "value" of HHS went up - I like what Coach B does with his TEAMS - will it take awhile? probably but 4 starters returning - I'll be watching them all season on game nights to see how Coach Bradley is doing in Huntsmen land ... Minford with Trenton Zimmerman & Knore will be a team to watch but they lost Vogelsong Lewis/Risner/Skaggs - big shoes to fill ...

Just trying to get in hoops mode here !!! I'm pumped ! Waiting for the lineup of games for the ZT Tip Off Classic to come out - I am soooo ready to spend a day in the Cheap Seats watching games, doing napkin stats, game rundowns from being EYES ON IN PERSON, talking hoops with folks I haven't seen in over a year !!! Coaches, players, players families, fans of the game I MISSED THEM ALL !!! time to lace 'em up and tip it off !!!

You are way off on the U. Galloway isn't even playing said so on his own Twitter account days ago

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

transplant wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm
AnkleBraces wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:03 pm Adena lost top 5-6 players? Guessing a rebuilding year.
And will have a new coach. But he is putting in the work, scouting scrimmages even...
Heard he was filming a scrimmage on his phone in an Adena jacket. 😂😂😂

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Had to be sure he got those out of bounds plays stopped I guess.

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

Fairland vs Eastern Brown early will be a true tape measure of these 2 programs!

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Portsmouth is a huge unknown right now. They were around 8-11 and had two starters not finish the football season due to injury. They brought back a ton of talent and had a few transfers come in though so if everything gels they could be really good or if pieces don't fit and they can't plug the injury holes they could be a .500ish team.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I saw Roberts last night at the state volleyball game. Definitely has bulked up some for his height since his 8th grade season

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Hey Pfloyd!

As soon as The Football Playoffs are over then I will be over and look forward to seeing you this year!

I agreed yesterday to keep the clock at SWHS boys games so if you are ever down this way …

I’m sure I will see you on The Tournament Trail. Hopefully things are back to normal in 2022.

Hopefully

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Will the convo be back this year?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Meigs might be tad high. They have a strong sophomore class but Cleland not playing is a big loss.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ShoeHorn wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:34 pm Meigs might be tad high. They have a strong sophomore class but Cleland not playing is a big loss.
... didn't know Cleland was not playing - changes things ... a lot of surprises coming into this season ... I wish the best to MHS - give the youngin's a chance to get PT and grow into the next edition of quality players we can give props to on SEOPs ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:30 am Hey Pfloyd!

As soon as The Football Playoffs are over then I will be over and look forward to seeing you this year!

I agreed yesterday to keep the clock at SWHS boys games so if you are ever down this way …

I’m sure I will see you on The Tournament Trail. Hopefully things are back to normal in 2022.

Hopefully
Knowing you'll be keeping the clock I'll make a trip down your way LD ! been there before a few times LOL ...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:30 am Hey Pfloyd!

Hopefully
Tough job on the old board back when I did it.

Heard through the grapevine last night I had my own featured segment coming on the live stream 👀

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:40 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:37 am
Ukfanatic wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:01 am Great job as always Pfloyd. Can’t wait to be back in the gym. Just a few thoughts on the list. After watching some teams in the summer. (I know I know summer doesn’t tell is much but anyways). Waverly in my mind is a clear number one. Unioto is a little high. Norte Dame is a little low. Western has a good chance to move up the list. Can’t wait to see Portsmouth and see how much they have improved. To me Minford will end up as the second best team in the soc II. Interested to see Huntington with the new coach. What can Wheelersburg do with a little less talent than it is used to, but a great coach. East beat clay over the summer, maybe they can win a game or two this year and move out of the last spot! See y’all in the gym,
Thanks Ukfanatic ! THIS was a tough preseason to rank teams - so many "expectations" to go with the "unknowns" surrounding those expectations ... Notre Dame for example - a good team to begin with (almost/should have knocked off the loaded NB team last season) THEN the transfer pipeline elevates them ON PAPER into a possible top 10 team ... on paper to the court - show me the money ... Unioto - I actually see them having a great opportunity to be HIGHER in the rankings ... size Tayvion Galloway 6-5 (rebounder/shot blocker/perimeter scorer/inside scorer/can create his own offense - Tayvion may just be THE best all around player in SEO), Evan Park 6-5 (inside outside threat - proven), De'Sean Branson 6-1 (OUSTANDING defensive player is an understatement, is a transition highlight film stuffer by himself, if he wants to get to the rim - he WILL get to the rim - scores of the dribble) - coming back with varsity experience 6-5 Jordan Perkins/6-5 Gage Corcoran (we've heard that last name before in U lore) ... THE question mark I have for the U is - Who will be THAT guy who runs the show, distribute the rock, penetrate and dish, can score from the perimeter enough to keep defenses from doubling down on the bigs - yep who replaces PG Isaac Little ... Coach Hoops finds THAT guy - the ceiling is the limit for the U imo ... Western is again a "should be" a quality TEAM this season lots of pieces for sure -Kolten Miller (15ppg last season), Noah Whitt (11ppg/6 rbs last season), Reed Brewster at PG answer the question as to who is going to make the show run - less than 2 turnovers pg last year ... they picked up a BIG in the transfer portal in Chase Carter from Eastern Pike ... on paper has the on paper potential - show me on the court ... Huntington? as soon as they "signed" Coach Bradley the "value" of HHS went up - I like what Coach B does with his TEAMS - will it take awhile? probably but 4 starters returning - I'll be watching them all season on game nights to see how Coach Bradley is doing in Huntsmen land ... Minford with Trenton Zimmerman & Knore will be a team to watch but they lost Vogelsong Lewis/Risner/Skaggs - big shoes to fill ...

Just trying to get in hoops mode here !!! I'm pumped ! Waiting for the lineup of games for the ZT Tip Off Classic to come out - I am soooo ready to spend a day in the Cheap Seats watching games, doing napkin stats, game rundowns from being EYES ON IN PERSON, talking hoops with folks I haven't seen in over a year !!! Coaches, players, players families, fans of the game I MISSED THEM ALL !!! time to lace 'em up and tip it off !!!

You are way off on the U. Galloway isn't even playing said so on his own Twitter account days ago
... really LoveHoops1! the date of the preseason rankings shows that the Preseason Rankings came out BEFORE Mr. Galloway made that announcement public ... but being that I had Galloway as one of the big reasons for the U to be ranked in the Elite 8 AND he decided to concentrate on football - yep my Ouija Board let me down ... thanks for the constructive feedback though !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pencil it in on your Hoops Calendars Saturday 12/18 The Alley Classic! at Alexander HS !

11am ... Wheelersburg vs Point Pleasant HS Wva
12:45 ... Parkersburg HS vs Hurricane HS (WVa)
2:30 ... Federal Hocking vs Fairland
4:30 ... Waverly vs Newark HS
6:15 ... Trimble vs Caldwell HS
8pm ... Warren vs Alexander

Great lineup of games ! count me in the Cheap Seats !

Cypress
Waterboy

Post by Cypress »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:45 pm
ShoeHorn wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:34 pm Meigs might be tad high. They have a strong sophomore class but Cleland not playing is a big loss.
... didn't know Cleland was not playing - changes things ... a lot of surprises coming into this season ... I wish the best to MHS - give the youngin's a chance to get PT and grow into the next edition of quality players we can give props to on SEOPs ...
Both Cleland brothers ARE playing basketball.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Cypress wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:47 pm
pfloyd wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:45 pm
Both Cleland brothers ARE playing basketball.
... I'm so confused LOL ... glad to hear THIS information ... Go MHS !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

2 weeks from tonight ! I can hear the sounds of basketball shoes, basketballs being dribbled getting louder !!! ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”