WAVERLY TIGERS 2021-2022

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: WAVERLY TIGERS 2021-2022

Post by danicalifornia »

Definitely should be a big year, have to avoid the injury bug since a lot of the depth pieces don’t have much expierence. But, that starting 5 is real nice and I’m sure the role players will be more than solid.

They are also a team who always has a good scout on opponents and excellent game plans as well. That’s a good mix for a big year

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigers travel to Paint Valley tomorrow (Tuesday) for a 6:00 scrimmage.

MATT ORIN BENEFIT WITH PIKETON
Saturday, November 27
2:00 7th Grade
3:30 8th Grade
5:00 Freshman
6:30 JV
8:00 Varsity

All proceeds will go to a college fund for Matt’s daughter

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 30
Scrimmage vs Portsmouth at 6:00p.m. (Home)

FRIDAY DECEMBER 3 - SEASON OPENER
Tigers at Wheelersburg
JV starts at 6:00p.m.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

smurray wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:26 pm Tigers travel to Paint Valley tomorrow (Tuesday) for a 6:00 scrimmage.

Saturday, November 27

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 30

Tigers at Wheelersburg
Any chance the game @ The Burg gets rescheduled due to the football playoffs possibly cutting into preseason preparations for both schools?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 pm
smurray wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:26 pm Tigers travel to Paint Valley tomorrow (Tuesday) for a 6:00 scrimmage.

Saturday, November 27

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 30

Tigers at Wheelersburg
Any chance the game @ The Burg gets rescheduled due to the football playoffs possibly cutting into preseason preparations for both schools?
I haven’t heard that…. and you would think that would have been decided today if they were going to. Wheelersburg has two weeks minus one day to get ready.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

smurray wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:59 pm

Saturday, November 27

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 30

Tigers at Wheelersburg
I haven’t heard that…. and you would think that would have been decided today if they were going to. Wheelersburg has two weeks minus one day to get ready.
Full steam ahead then. Perfect opportunity for Waverly to open with a statement win !

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

Saturday, November 27

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 30

Tigers at Wheelersburg
Doesn't seem fair to me for Wheelersburg to play this game as scheduled. smurray, less than 2 weeks to have your full team together and prepare for the projected best team in the area? Burg's football players just played on Saturday, shouldn't they get a few days off before transitioning to basketball and what about Thanksgiving? It will be significantly less than 2 full weeks actually. I can see why Waverly would want the game as scheduled, huge advantage for them. How many scrimmages will they have had by then? I don't think Wheelersburg has had any because of football. There's no way Waverly would be playing this game if the roles were reversed. Ignorant of the league to schedule this game as the opener anyway.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

socsportsfan1 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:33 am

Doesn't seem fair to me for Wheelersburg to play this game as scheduled. smurray, less than 2 weeks to have your full team together and prepare for the projected best team in the area? Burg's football players just played on Saturday, shouldn't they get a few days off before transitioning to basketball and what about Thanksgiving? It will be significantly less than 2 full weeks actually. I can see why Waverly would want the game as scheduled, huge advantage for them. How many scrimmages will they have had by then? I don't think Wheelersburg has had any because of football. There's no way Waverly would be playing this game if the roles were reversed. Ignorant of the league to schedule this game as the opener anyway.
I was just saying as of last night I hadn’t heard anything about postponing it and one would think if they were going to postpone it they would have done that yesterday. Everybody knew they were done with football Saturday night so come Monday they would have worked it out to postpone (even talk about it on Sunday). I’d imagine Waverly wants to get the season started next week and could possibly try to reschedule someone else for that date if Wheelersburg was wanting to postpone.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

From my understanding it is already postponed. From what I have been told our first game will be against Greenup County. Boys first practice is Wednesday so two weeks from then is Dec. 8th that makes our first game Dec 10th vs Greenup

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:51 am From my understanding it is already postponed. From what I have been told our first game will be against Greenup County. Boys first practice is Wednesday so two weeks from then is Dec. 8th that makes our first game Dec 10th vs Greenup
I’m trying to confirm this!

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

smurray wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:23 pm
Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:51 am From my understanding it is already postponed. From what I have been told our first game will be against Greenup County. Boys first practice is Wednesday so two weeks from then is Dec. 8th that makes our first game Dec 10th vs Greenup
I stand corrected a buddy of mine just text me and said we open with Webster Dec.7th and Waverly is rescheduled for Jan. 8th

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:45 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:23 pm
I stand corrected a buddy of mine just text me and said we open with Webster Dec.7th and Waverly is rescheduled for Jan. 8th
I don’t know when the Wheelersburg game is re-scheduled but it won’t be on Dec 3 as scheduled.
Ya, I heard Wheelersburg first game is Tuesday 7th so really no reason Waverly/Wheelersburg couldn’t have been Saturday Dec 4.
They gain one day by not playing Waverly on the 4th…..
This makes it way harder on Waverly trying to play this game in January with the brutal schedule they have.

WHO MAKES THE FINAL CALL ON THESE LEAGUE GAMES - Schools work it out or league personnel?

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

no idea my buddy has a kid on the team and he sent me the updated schedule

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

"no reason" c'mon man 7 practices and one scrimmage is all Burg would have if they played on the 4th.... That's why the league gives teams 14days... I understand Waverly really wants to beat Burg but seriously "NO REASON"

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Wasn't it Waverly saying they wouldn't play teams on short notice on the football thread due to lack of time to prepare? I personally would rather see these two teams play when both teams playing their best ball.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:41 pm "no reason" c'mon man 7 practices and one scrimmage is all Burg would have if they played on the 4th.... That's why the league gives teams 14days... I understand Waverly really wants to beat Burg but seriously "NO REASON"
Of course we want to beat Wheelersburg, we want to win EVERY game. Just didn’t see much difference in playing your first game on Saturday or Tuesday other than maybe 2 practices. I doubt you would practice on Sunday, and Monday wouldn’t be a hard FULL practice - really just gaining that Saturday to practice. Doubt you can scrimmage on Saturday since everybody will have started their season? If my math is correct, not common core, Saturday would be 14 days.
Not really trying to argue and make a big deal out of it, just thought 2 weeks has always been enough.

It is what it is and Waverly will deal with it…

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

transplant wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:46 pm Wasn't it Waverly saying they wouldn't play teams on short notice on the football thread due to lack of time to prepare? I personally would rather see these two teams play when both teams playing their best ball.
Apples and oranges but I do believe Waverly played Portsmouth on short notice.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Cause they already had film or whatever they said, I get it. If Waverly made it farther in football like they all thought, Waverly fans would have a different tune. Why doesn't the SOC change scheduling and start Conference games after a certain date to avoid this issue moving forward?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

transplant wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:38 pm Cause they already had film or whatever they said, I get it. If Waverly made it farther in football like they all thought, Waverly fans would have a different tune. Why doesn't the SOC change scheduling and start Conference games after a certain date to avoid this issue moving forward?
I have no idea why they start league games that soon….
Waverly did very well in D4 region 16. Massie is in the final 4 so I’d say Waverly did as best as they were going to do this year.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

True, they had a good season. Wasn't disputing that. But yeah, maybe the coaches need to get together and start all league games later? Would be better for everyone I'd think.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

transplant wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:51 pm True, they had a good season. Wasn't disputing that. But yeah, maybe the coaches need to get together and start all league games later? Would be better for everyone I'd think.
One reason for conference games early in the season is the potential for weather postponements later on and the need to reschedule. A back loaded conference schedule might be problematic if (when) bad weather occurs.

I did not mean to stir the pot with my question as basketball is usually pushed back for schools whose football team make a deep playoff run. I was just surprised the Burg game had not been announced as being rescheduled.

Return to “Boys Basketball”