Zane Trace 2021-2022

tnichols10
Waterboy

Zane Trace 2021-2022

Post by tnichols10 »

Zane Trace picked #2 in pfloyd's preseason. Very interested how this team will progress through the season. They are probably the biggest team in SEO. On paper on of the best rosters. They return almost a entire team with experience and added 6'8 transfer from Chillicothe. Their goal should be a golden ball in the SVC and district championship. They have some pretty good non conference games with Bishop Ready, McLain, Beechcroft, and VC, Miami Trace and Ironton. I think PV will be much improved from last year and not sure about Unioto because I don't know who they are actually returning.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Zane Trace 2021-2022

Post by pfloyd »

tnichols10 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:34 pm Zane Trace picked #2 in pfloyd's preseason. Very interested how this team will progress through the season. They are probably the biggest team in SEO. On paper on of the best rosters. They return almost a entire team with experience and added 6'8 transfer from Chillicothe. Their goal should be a golden ball in the SVC and district championship. They have some pretty good non conference games with Bishop Ready, McLain, Beechcroft, and VC, Miami Trace and Ironton. I think PV will be much improved from last year and not sure about Unioto because I don't know who they are actually returning.
... I'm interested in hearing who Unioto has NOT coming back from last year myself tnichols10 - the Shermans imo opinion had a great nucleus of players - with Galloway/Branson/Park needing to find a PG BUT with danic's post earlier on my Elite 8 thread he made it sound like there were players NOT returning this year - wondering who and where they went now ... obviously without any one of that trio would make things more difficult and would have the U out of the top 8 ...

... for ZT - Coach K has had time to get players familiar with the defense he wants played, Coach K has always implemented D skills before the offense falls into place - my take is that this is the year for the offense to catchup to the D ...

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace was 9-12 last year. Basically the same team except for one player.

tnichols10
Waterboy

Post by tnichols10 »

Bozo wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:22 am Zane Trace was 9-12 last year. Basically the same team except for one player.
My guess is they will be better than 9-12 this year.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Bozo wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:22 am Zane Trace was 9-12 last year. Basically the same team except for one player.
This team last year didn’t have one kid with varsity experience including the two seniors and a handful of juniors. They sat the bench and watch Zt win two district championships while never seeing the floor. If you remember Coach K played all of 6 kids for two years. They also had no summer last year due to covid and was lucky to get a season in honestly. This years team is a completely different animal. They are big, really big and very athletic. I’m guessing well over half, if not more of the varsity kids can easily dunk. They also had a complete summer which is huge.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Svcguru wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:44 pm
This team last year didn’t have one kid with varsity experience including the two seniors and a handful of juniors. They sat the bench and watch Zt win two district championships while never seeing the floor. If you remember Coach K played all of 6 kids for two years. They also had no summer last year due to covid and was lucky to get a season in honestly. This years team is a completely different animal. They are big, really big and very athletic. I’m guessing well over half, if not more of the varsity kids can easily dunk. They also had a complete summer which is huge.
Just stating a fact what their record was last year. Other teams did not have summer basketball in 2020 either. Maybe more than six players should have played in all of those blowouts the two years before. Of course, they will win way more than nine games this winter. Playing experience and the SVC lost a bunch of decent players on their teams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”