21/22 OVC

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: 21/22 OVC

Post by pfloyd »

Prince wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:31 pm Anxious to see Ironton play . Really nice Freshman and good guard play. May struggle early because of Football but will get better . Go Tigers
... both Ironton and Fairland are bringing in very good freshmen groups - I watched them battle via livestream last season as 8th graders - some great pg play on both sides coming into the high school level ... looking forward to catching both of these teams a couple of times at least live throughout the season ...

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Rock Hill has been performing well in their scrimmages from what I’ve heard. I hadn’t been able to go due to working doubles but cannot wait to be back in the stands.

Fairland should be the team to beat until proven otherwise.

Gallia should be good this year and Portsmouth continues to improve and show depth.

Ironton and Coal Grove will both be very well coached teams by Barnes and Vanderhoof, and can make some noise on any given night.

South Point is a wild card because from what I’ve seen they’ve lost a lot last year.

Chesapeake is another team I am very unsure of this season. I know they will be well coached, but you can only do so much.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Franklin for GA will open some eyes this season!!!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Gallia has a good team in the works!!! Box score in Gallipolis paper.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Gallipolis will make some noise this season with adding 6'5 loveday to the lineup plus the out side game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:38 pm Gallipolis will make some noise this season with adding 6'5 loveday to the lineup plus the out side game.
Geronimo, do you have a link or the napkin stats for the game with Meigs? would like to see what how the scoring is playing out around Clary ...

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

My daily tribune Gallipolis Bryan Walters broke the game down some what.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Geronimo wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:51 am My daily tribune Gallipolis Bryan Walters broke the game down some what.
... thanks Geronimo - got it ...

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

South Point......3-0
Ironton..............2-1
Fairland............2-1
Chesapeake......2-1
Gallia Academy..1-2
Coal Grove........1-2
Rock Hill...........1-2
Portsmouth.......0-3
Last edited by goUK on Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Looks like South Point the favorite. I read where Portsmouth was predicted to be on top, they’ll be lucky to break even at 500 or lower. I did see video of South Point Portsmouth game.My thoughts South Point seemed to play with poise and confidence and Portsmouth one on one, not impressed at all, throws up threes from anywhere andFairland will be right there they are disciplined and plays team ball. Ironton seems like a team that’s got a high ceiling. Chesapeake is got always to go , looks like a bottom half team in OVC. I say 1 South Point,2 Fairland 3 Gallia 4 Ironton 5 Chesapeake 6 and 7. Either Rock Hill or Portsmouth 8 Coal Grove

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

Ironton will compete for the top spot. They have as good of guard play as anyone in the league and their inside players are athletic and scrappy. They really get after it on the defensive end of the floor and do a good job of sharing the ball on the offensive end. Go Tigers!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Irish wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:38 am Ironton will compete for the top spot. They have as good of guard play as anyone in the league and their inside players are athletic and scrappy. They really get after it on the defensive end of the floor and do a good job of sharing the ball on the offensive end. Go Tigers!!!
Irish, do you have a roster with numbers for Ironton that you can post - thanks.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Before season, would have had Portsmouth, Gallia, and Fairland as top 3 with South Point and Ironton as athletic wildcards, Rock Hill and Coal Grove scrappy 6/7 and Chesapeake in 8th.

Still think the bottom three end up being RH/CG/CH, with all three capable of beating someone on the right night.

Top 5 will be a great battle. Could see 11-3 as a solo league winner. The league will definitely prepare everyone but Gallia for sectional and district tournament play.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:32 pm
Irish wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:38 am Ironton will compete for the top spot. They have as good of guard play as anyone in the league and their inside players are athletic and scrappy. They really get after it on the defensive end of the floor and do a good job of sharing the ball on the offensive end. Go Tigers!!!
Irish, do you have a roster with numbers for Ironton that you can post - thanks.
Roster on MaxPreps looks accurate.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/i ... roster.htm

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:37 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:32 pm
Roster on MaxPreps looks accurate.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/i ... roster.htm
Thanks TigerBob - they have a boatload of freshmen on varsity ! - all with good size for freshmen and obviously the talent to be at the varsity level - as I said on other threads - I was impressed with this years freshmen when they were 8th graders last season when I saw play vs Fairland ... looking forward to seeing the Tigers in person sooner than later ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:46 am Looks like South Point the favorite. I read where Portsmouth was predicted to be on top, they’ll be lucky to break even at 500 or lower. I did see video of South Point Portsmouth game.My thoughts South Point seemed to play with poise and confidence and Portsmouth one on one, not impressed at all, throws up threes from anywhere andFairland will be right there they are disciplined and plays team ball. Ironton seems like a team that’s got a high ceiling. Chesapeake is got always to go , looks like a bottom half team in OVC. I say 1 South Point,2 Fairland 3 Gallia 4 Ironton 5 Chesapeake 6 and 7. Either Rock Hill or Portsmouth 8 Coal Grove

Not sure where yiu seen portsmouth was predicted to be at the top ? I have not heard or seen that , south point is a really good team and as I posted on another thread could very easily contend for the league title...I posted that "before they beat Fairland " so no doubt they are on track.

Lot of basketball to be played only 4 or 5 games in. What matters is how you are at the end of the year out side the league

Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

South Point......3-0
Fairland...........2-1
Chesapeake......2-1
Ironton............2-1
Gallia Academy..1-2
Coal Grove.......1-2
Rock Hill..........1-2
Portsmouth.......0-3

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Portsmouth has way too much talent to be dead last in the conference so far.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:13 am Portsmouth has way too much talent to be dead last in the conference so far.
Yeah I don’t understand either. I watched the fairland game last night and seems like everyone wants to be steph curry. That’s both teams and almost every team now days. The Sanderlin kid seems to be pretty good. But last night the porter kid was by far the best player on the floor.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Watched the Portsmouth game against Fairland last night. The Trojans didn’t run much offense. It was either 1 pass then shoot a 3, or whoever brought the ball down drove and flipped up a wild shot, or pulled up from deep. That along with no post defense made it hard to watch. Porter is a good shooter, so he was always going to get his. But so many untested easy baskets down low for Fairland. Trojans have lost 4 in a row I believe. I know some will say it’s early, don’t panic. But my goodness this team has some major problems. Let’s see how they fair with a below average Rock Hill team on Friday.

Who Dey!

Return to “Boys Basketball”