TVC Hocking

Tow Head
Freshman Team

TVC Hocking

Post by Tow Head »

I say Howie reloads and wins yet another title. Whats everyone else think.

The Scotty A Show
Waterboy

Re: TVC Hocking

Post by The Scotty A Show »

I think it's going to be another down year in the Hocking.

Trimble Tomcats 2023 TVC Ohio Champions
SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

Trimble- their league to lose
SG- Young, talented, could make some noise
Waterford- I have no clue
Eastern- 0 wins last year and lost best player
Southern- not a whole lot to work with, good coaching could make them competitive
Belpre- Transfers from Pburg might mean a spark if they aren't in trouble from football season
FH- Right there with SG. Athletic and might be somewhat competitive for #2 spot

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

It's good to see people are finally realizing you just don't beat Howie very often. I realize the Racine and Reedsville people resent that he left those places and the Stewart people despise him, but none of them can ague he's the best they ever had there and now the same is true for Glouster.

Ballin10
Freshman Team

Post by Ballin10 »

Trimble should sweep, but Fed and South Gallia, don't sleep on them!

PeteM.
Waterboy

Post by PeteM. »

Conference is down. Trimble should win easily. Fed hock has a lot of young talent.
1. Trimble
2. Fed hock
3. Waterford
4. Belpre-
5. South Gallia-
6. Southern-
7. Eastern- Another down year

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Its about time we face some facts. The road to the Hocking Title always has always will run through Racine. i remember back in the day how North Gallia and Kyger Creek always tried to beat us so they could be TVC champions and they never could. We own the TVC.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Gilligan
Waterboy

Post by Gilligan »

PeteM. wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:47 pm Conference is down. Trimble should win easily. Fed hock has a lot of young talent.
1. Trimble
2. Fed hock
3. Waterford
4. Belpre-
5. South Gallia-
6. Southern-
7. Eastern- Another down year
We hear this every year about Fed hocker. They always have "a lot of young talent" according to them. They should have ponied up some extra moolah when they had Howie instead of letting Trimble sweep him away if they wanted to have a consistent program. Money talks if when you want the best of the best.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

DUNK1 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:32 am It's good to see people are finally realizing you just don't beat Howie very often. I realize the Racine and Reedsville people resent that he left those places and the Stewart people despise him, but none of them can ague he's the best they ever had there and now the same is true for Glouster.
Everywhere Howie has left the talent was gone and that's the reason he left. They were in worse shape when he left than they were when he came. We'll see if that holds true at Trimble but history has a funny way of repeating itself.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Almost Champions wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm Its about time we face some facts. The road to the Hocking Title always has always will run through Racine. i remember back in the day how North Gallia and Kyger Creek always tried to beat us so they could be TVC champions and they never could. We own the TVC.
Dude, you seriously need a life! and maturity.

SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

Fletchlives wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:39 pm
Almost Champions wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm Its about time we face some facts. The road to the Hocking Title always has always will run through Racine. i remember back in the day how North Gallia and Kyger Creek always tried to beat us so they could be TVC champions and they never could. We own the TVC.
Dude, you seriously need a life! and maturity.
NG and Kyger never played in the TVC... that was SVAC days. SV/Eastern ruled football, Southern ruled basketball

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

NG and Kyger never played in the TVC... that was SVAC days. SV/Eastern ruled football, Southern ruled basketball

KC did rule football in the SVAC at one time. SV only won it in 1989. From the 1986 Oak Hill ruled football except in 89 when SV did and 1990 when KC won it. Yes Southern most years ruled basketball with Hannan Trace winning a few.

Gilligan
Waterboy

Post by Gilligan »

Those days are long gone. Now Racine is too worried about lifting weights and trying to compete in too many other sports. Not sure why because they can't win in anything else but baseball. It would be great to get back to the days of the basketball coach being the most important person in the community and boys basketball ruling. Until then, little success will be had.

The Scotty A Show
Waterboy

Post by The Scotty A Show »

Gilligan wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:31 am Those days are long gone. Now Racine is too worried about lifting weights and trying to compete in too many other sports. Not sure why because they can't win in anything else but baseball. It would be great to get back to the days of the basketball coach being the most important person in the community and boys basketball ruling. Until then, little success will be had.
We spanked Southern back in those days. They couldn't stop me. Their big men were weak and slow.

Trimble Tomcats 2023 TVC Ohio Champions
on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

The Scotty A Show wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:18 pm
Gilligan wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:31 am Those days are long gone. Now Racine is too worried about lifting weights and trying to compete in too many other sports. Not sure why because they can't win in anything else but baseball. It would be great to get back to the days of the basketball coach being the most important person in the community and boys basketball ruling. Until then, little success will be had.
We spanked Southern back in those days. They couldn't stop me. Their big men were weak and slow.
Roy Lee Bailey probly gave you all sorts of trouble lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”