Post by pfloyd »

SOCS Wireless Shootout 12/30 Thursday at Waverly Downtown Arena

5 games

Noon ... Piketon vs Minford
2pm ... Logan Elm vs Bishop Ready
4pm ... Unioto vs Gallia Academy
6pm ... Jackson vs Jonathon Alder
8pm ... Waverly vs Upper Arlington

... a pfloyd sighting in the Cheap Seats can be had ... good stuff ! Well done Coach Robertson ! added some great competition to the Tiger non-conference schedule for sure- Newark at the Alley Classic then Arlington University at home in the CD Hawhee Classic - love it !
Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: The C.D. Hawhee Classic Dec. 30th Waverly Downtown Arena

Post by pfloyd »

ttt

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

This is officially now the SOCS Wireless Shootout.
Can you make the change?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

smurray wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:14 pm This is officially now the SOCS Wireless Shootout.
Can you make the change?
Done ...

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Re: The SOCS Wireless Shootout Dec. 30th Waverly Downtown Arena

Post by SEO Sports »

I remember when the "Downtown Arena" was referenced as "Hawee's Palace". Maybe SMurray can shed some light on the history and information. Still one of the best places, if not the best place in SEO to catch a game. Might need to make the short drive down to catch this slate of games.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

SEO Sports wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:07 pm I remember when the "Downtown Arena" was referenced as "Hawee's Palace". Maybe SMurray can shed some light on the history and information. Still one of the best places, if not the best place in SEO to catch a game. Might need to make the short drive down to catch this slate of games.
... I totally agree SEO Sports - one of the best if not THE best venue to watch high school hoops ... I always knew the arena as the House that Hawhee Built ... I go back to the Deny Thompson years of hoops at Waverly ...

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:10 pm
SEO Sports wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:07 pm I remember when the "Downtown Arena" was referenced as "Hawee's Palace". Maybe SMurray can shed some light on the history and information. Still one of the best places, if not the best place in SEO to catch a game. Might need to make the short drive down to catch this slate of games.
... I totally agree SEO Sports - one of the best if not THE best venue to watch high school hoops ... I always knew the arena as the House that Hawhee Built ... I go back to the Deny Thompson years of hoops at Waverly ...
Good ole Deny Thompson, those were some good games to watch. Best round ball player to go through if you ask me. But I remember a kid about 10 years ago or so that was pretty darn good. If I'm not mistaken his name was Kretser?

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

All day pass or are they clearing the gym? Anybody know?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

SEO Sports wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:55 pm All day pass or are they clearing the gym? Anybody know?
Not clearing the gym…

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

smurray wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:47 pm
SEO Sports wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:55 pm All day pass or are they clearing the gym? Anybody know?
Not clearing the gym…
Thanks

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Major props to Coach Robertson for beefing up his schedule this year. He understands he has a very good team and wants to have them challenged before tournament time. It will definitely pay off even if they have a couple losses during the season.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

SEO Sports wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:16 pm
Good ole Deny Thompson, those were some good games to watch. Best round ball player to go through if you ask me. But I remember a kid about 10 years ago or so that was pretty darn good. If I'm not mistaken his name was Kretser?
Yes sir, Jake Kretzer. He is currently Waverly's all time scoring leader with 1,665 points. Went on to play 4 years at Akron

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Will be in the gym all day for these games! Great lineup set to play. Each game should be a good one!

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

SEO Sports wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:16 pm
Yes Jake Kretzer. Had a standout Career at Waverly and then went on to have a nice Career at Akron under Coach Dambrot, who coached LeBron James in HS. Actually Trey Robertson and I think Mark Stulley were ball boys during that time and would put on a show during pregame/halftime for fans at 5-6 years old.

PVBearcat2012
Freshman Team

Post by PVBearcat2012 »

Is this replacing the Pike County Classic for the boys side?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

PVBearcat2012 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:43 pm Is this replacing the Pike County Classic for the boys side?
It’s replacing the Waverly Holiday Classic which was a 4 team tournament.

SOCS
Waterboy

Post by SOCS »

SOCS is proud to be the title sponsor of the SOCS Shootout. It's a great opportunity for Southeast Ohio to get out and see 10 quality teams in one day. You are going to see 5 highly competitive games. 3 of Pfloyd's top 8 are in action including a #4 Unioto vs. #7 Galia Academy matchup. You get the chance to see several local elite programs test their teams against good competition from north of Pickaway County. This will be a great day of basketball you don't want to miss!!

www.socs.cc
Attachments
IMG_2148.jpg

Return to “Boys Basketball”