2021-2022 Jackson Ironmen

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

2021-2022 Jackson Ironmen

Post by Ironman92 »

Football has ended and now the team can get together and get to work. Tough situation. Jackson’s lone returning rotation player that doesn’t play football is 6’3 senior Nate Woodard. The remainder of the varsity basketball rotation likely comes from the football team. It will certainly take some time to get those basketball legs and speed going. I believe seniors Tristen Prater and Holden Blankenship are playing, both will play important guard roles. Junior Evan Jarvis and Jacob Winters will be mainstays on the court in vastly different roles, sophomores Boston Campbell and Eli Broermann Will very much be needed to play large roles as well. Sr Evan Spires had a bad knee injury in football and I believe is out for the season. Senior Drew Bragg I don’t believe is able to play. Those are two kids that played as freshman and were the two key go to returning players. Bragg was runner up FAC POY last year in just 20-22 min a game. Sr Logan Miller a knee injury this summer and may or may not be ready come the 1st of the year….big rebounding force and stat filler.

Coach Morrow and staff have a lot of work ahead of them. There is good talent but little varsity experience compared to what it looked like they would have with everyone that was coming back.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2021-2022 Jackson Ironmen

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:56 pm Football has ended and now the team can get together and get to work. Tough situation. Jackson’s lone returning rotation player that doesn’t play football is 6’3 senior Nate Woodard. The remainder of the varsity basketball rotation likely comes from the football team. It will certainly take some time to get those basketball legs and speed going. I believe seniors Tristen Prater and Holden Blankenship are playing, both will play important guard roles. Junior Evan Jarvis and Jacob Winters will be mainstays on the court in vastly different roles, sophomores Boston Campbell and Eli Broermann Will very much be needed to play large roles as well. Sr Evan Spires had a bad knee injury in football and I believe is out for the season. Senior Drew Bragg I don’t believe is able to play. Those are two kids that played as freshman and were the two key go to returning players. Bragg was runner up FAC POY last year in just 20-22 min a game. Sr Logan Miller a knee injury this summer and may or may not be ready come the 1st of the year….big rebounding force and stat filler.

Coach Morrow and staff have a lot of work ahead of them. There is good talent but little varsity experience compared to what it looked like they would have with everyone that was coming back.
Jackson is in a similar "boat" as Warren in that they are looking to fill roles & holes ... just like Warren a quality coaching staff in Coach Morrow & Co. to put those pieces together to make a competitive TEAM on the court ...

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Coach Morrow & Co are one of the best staffs in SEO. They will have the Ironmen prepared and ready to go every night. Always a pleasure watching those boys compete.

Scenic Highway
Waterboy

Post by Scenic Highway »

Why can't Bragg play?

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Not having Spires is going to hurt the Ironmen. I have not heard that Bragg isn't playing. The Ironmen will be just fine.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Scenic Highway wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:41 am Why can't Bragg play?
I’m not sure. I don’t believe I heard anything about him being hurt during football. I hope he plays, he definitely makes the team significantly better

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bragg has a medical condition and activities with non stop movement that get his heart rate high….makes him very sick. Kid has really battled to do what he has done. Had to come out every few minutes last year and was sick for a day or two after every game. He was extremely sick after this last football game. Hopefully he’s good for baseball as baseball never gets your heart rate that high.

Very sad but his health is most important. One of the most skilled kids I’ve ever been around. Going to miss not seeing his talent on the floor but I won’t miss seeing how awful he feels while on the court after a few trips up and down. Seemed to start affecting him in late 7th grade and seems to have gotten harder and harder on him every year. I hate it for him and I appreciate how much he always gave even though he wasn’t fully able to exert himself.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Right right. High school basketball isn’t worth possibly dying on the floor for.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Prayers for Mr Bragg, that he overcomes whatever condition that he has. Good Luck to the Ironmen, A lot of Challenges to overcome early in the season. Replacing those guys is not an easy task.

Scenic Highway
Waterboy

Post by Scenic Highway »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:23 pm Bragg has a medical condition and activities with non stop movement that get his heart rate high….makes him very sick. Kid has really battled to do what he has done. Had to come out every few minutes last year and was sick for a day or two after every game. He was extremely sick after this last football game. Hopefully he’s good for baseball as baseball never gets your heart rate that high.

Very sad but his health is most important. One of the most skilled kids I’ve ever been around. Going to miss not seeing his talent on the floor but I won’t miss seeing how awful he feels while on the court after a few trips up and down. Seemed to start affecting him in late 7th grade and seems to have gotten harder and harder on him every year. I hate it for him and I appreciate how much he always gave even though he wasn’t fully able to exert himself.
Terrible to hear as he is such a good player. Agree that health is most important.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson’s varsity will consist of a group of players with a COMBINED 235 career varsity points….and no one with over 75 career points. Only 4 players have ever played in a varsity game.

Heard today that sophomore Eli Broermann isn’t playing. Depth will have to be developed as the season goes.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Sounds like it’s gonna be one of those season where we are probably gonna have to fight like hell to win every single game we are in. Younger guys are gonna have to grow up quick as the year goes on. It’s been very fun watching the basketball program grow the past couple years. We’ve come a long way in just a few short years.

Return to “Boys Basketball”