Whiteoak vs New Boston 11/30

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Whiteoak vs New Boston 11/30

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson nails a 3 against the cleared bench….now NB timeout 69-57 37 seconds left….and NB gets their guys in too

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Final

Whiteoak 69
New Boston 57

Barnett and Jackson might’ve neared 70 points…surely 60+

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Barnett 25
Ashbaugh 15

Must’ve given 2-3 of Ashbaugh’s baskets to Barnett….hard to tell apart some on livestream

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak needs to keep working on closing out games. Taking care of the ball and free throws will do it. They are undersized but a high ceiling. New Boston needs others to attack besides Jackson and maybe control emotions better as two technicals were called on their players, couldn’t see any physical action so guessing they said the wrong thing to two different refs.

I feel like Trimble and Valley are the top 2 D4 teams with South Webster and Whiteoak being right there close.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Someone on my Facebook says white oak shot 35 free throws to new boston 7.

Also said new boston was called for four technical fouls ?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Was it that physical?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

biggdowgg wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:04 pm Someone on my Facebook says white oak shot 35 free throws to new boston 7.

NB fouled a ton in the 4th qtr in attempting their comeback. They were down 18 or 20 and made a push when WO had 7-9 guys in the game then got t’d up….no way to know what was said or done. Noticed Barnett shot 4 free throws instead of 2 so that makes sense.

Jackson scored a ton on drives in and Whiteoak clearly was making sure to not foul him also….gave him several easy ones by doing do but also kept themselves in the game and then off the line.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:13 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:04 pm Someone on my Facebook says white oak shot 35 free throws to new boston 7.

NB fouled a ton in the 4th qtr in attempting their comeback. They were down 18 or 20 and made a push when WO had 7-9 guys in the game then got t’d up….no way to know what was said or done. Noticed Barnett shot 4 free throws instead of 2 so that makes sense.

Jackson scored a ton on drives in and Whiteoak clearly was making sure to not foul him also….gave him several easy ones by doing do but also kept themselves in the game and then off the line.

Ok just curious thanks Jackson is a ball player,and fouling to try and get back in the game explains all the fouls

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

biggdowgg wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:16 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:13 pm

Ok just curious thanks Jackson is a ball player,and fouling to try and get back in the game explains all the fouls
YouTube and go to Whiteoak Sports….it’s a good livestream

I noticed in the 2nd half fouls were 7-5 and NB fouled a lot after that. Whiteoak missed their first 2 1 and 1’s and then Barnett was struggling at the line snd he always had ball in his hands

NB will be dangerous for many teams and will be a legitimate D4 tourney team. Wondering how many shots Jackson took (guessing 25-30)….Voiers looked solid but didn’t shoot as much as I thought he might.

What I do know is that Jackson and Barnett have endless motors and can go at it hard all game.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:57 pm Whiteoak needs to keep working on closing out games. Taking care of the ball and free throws will do it. They are undersized but a high ceiling. New Boston needs others to attack besides Jackson and maybe control emotions better as two technicals were called on their players, couldn’t see any physical action so guessing they said the wrong thing to two different refs.

I feel like Trimble and Valley are the top 2 D4 teams with South Webster and Whiteoak being right there close.
South Webster is 10+ points better than Whiteoak.

I’d say Trimble, Valley, South Webster, and Western are all deserving to be mentioned in the best D4 teams in SEO this year. The next tier has Whiteoak, Notre Dame, and Paint Valley in some order.

Valley and South Webster play next week so we’ll have a little better idea.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:59 pm Cox is all over the court
Lol

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

1 T was for a chest bump with a teammate for taughting
1 T was for saying he ran in front of me sir.

Hiddengem
Waterboy

Post by Hiddengem »

Ashbaugh was held to 4 points at the line after scoring 34 last game. He might have had one other bucket. Watched him play last week and he ruled the court. I think New Boston had the right idea using #21 to guard him. They just needed a solution to Barnett. He stopped the runs several times. He can shoot.

As for the technicals :two New Boston players running into each other( chest bump). The other was simple like he ran into me type thing?. The calls were not even. 10-5, 7-2 at random points during the game. Foul shots won the game for them. Cox was on court after a super fast 10 second call that did not align with the clock. The four shot technical was called after the shot but they were awarded 4 shots…somehow. The fouls just simple reaches, not physical. Any team that gets to the line over 30 attempts should win. Foul line and technicals played a factor. Take those away, the outcome could be different. Scoring help from Beasly for NB I hear 17.
Both teams will improve as the season moves on. I see both surprising the masses come crunch time.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:48 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:57 pm Whiteoak needs to keep working on closing out games. Taking care of the ball and free throws will do it. They are undersized but a high ceiling. New Boston needs others to attack besides Jackson and maybe control emotions better as two technicals were called on their players, couldn’t see any physical action so guessing they said the wrong thing to two different refs.

I’d say Trimble, Valley, South Webster, and Western are all deserving to be mentioned in the best D4 teams in SEO this year. The next tier has Whiteoak, Notre Dame, and Paint Valley in some order.

Didn’t realize Western was back D4….yes they are in that mix.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:19 am

You are slacking my friend. They defeated Whiteoak in the sectional final last year at Whiteoak. How quickly we forget ;)

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:46 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:19 am

You are slacking my friend. They defeated Whiteoak in the sectional final last year at Whiteoak. How quickly we forget ;)
I do a lot of sports man..I do forget

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

2nd Qtr 6:38 remaining

Whiteoak 27
New Boston 18

Fouls were 3 for each team

Whiteoak 4 free throws NB 2

3rd Quarter 5:45 remaining

Whiteoak 46
New Boston 33

Fouls for the game Whiteoak 6, NB 9

Free Throws Whiteoak 12, NB 6

Before the technicals it was Whiteoak 14 free throws, NB 8

Whiteoak led fairly comfortably from early 2nd qtr on….they’d give up some each time they subbed in their 7-9 guys. Came out of half and changed their defensive look and got up 49-33….nothing looked out of the order with fouls called or not called.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I was more curious of 4 technical fouls ,just seemed like a lot ,I don't really get into fouls being close but it seemed a lot and thats what some was complaining about .
different teams play different if you play up tempo defense you will foul more ,but like you say if you are fouling intentionally to get back in a game

Return to “Boys Basketball”