12/3/21 South Webster @ West Cancelers

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: 12/3/21 South Webster @ West Cancelers

Post by bbjunky81 »

SiderBlood wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:33 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:15 pm Did any players miss the game Tuesday vs ND? If so they could be back sooner then next Saturday.

All I know for a fact is that a.) West postponed this game and b.) whatever student athletes are positive cannot play Tuesday or Friday of next week.

If they play then you know the answer. We can argue and debate all we want but Tuesday you will have your answer.
I never said anything about the player or players that are positive. I'm asking you, what rule says you can't play on Tuesday if you are negative? How does that negate the entire team? If the rest of the team is good to go, where are we getting these guidelines?

Went ahead and did a quick search on their website. This is copy/pasted directly off of the Washington Nile Start-Up Plan posted on their website.

“ Close Contacts

When a student or staff member is determined to be a close contact the following procedures will be followed:
If the student/staff member remains symptom free:

Option A: Assuming the student/staff member does not take a test, the student/staff member will not be permitted to attend school/work or participate in extracurricular activities for ten days after last contact with the COVID positive person.

Option B: With a negative test collected on day five or six a no contact period of seven days will be required. With a negative test result the student/staff member will be permitted to return to school/work and participate in extracurricular activities after seven days from the last contact with the COVID positive person.
If a student/staff member does develop COVID symptoms, a ten day no contact period is required starting the day after symptom onset. The student/staff member will not be permitted to attend school/work or participate in extracurricular activities for ten days or longer if symptoms persist.”

Hope this answers your question.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:52 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:15 pm Did any players miss the game Tuesday vs ND? If so they could be back sooner then next Saturday.

All I know for a fact is that a.) West postponed this game and b.) whatever student athletes are positive cannot play Tuesday or Friday of next week.

If they play then you know the answer. We can argue and debate all we want but Tuesday you will have your answer.
I never said anything about the player or players that are positive. I'm asking you, what rule says you can't play on Tuesday if you are negative? How does that negate the entire team? If the rest of the team is good to go, where are we getting these guidelines?

Went ahead and did a quick search on their website. This is copy/pasted directly off of the Washington Nile Start-Up Plan posted on their website.

“ Close Contacts

When a student or staff member is determined to be a close contact the following procedures will be followed:

Option A: Assuming the student/staff member does not take a test, the student/staff member will not be permitted to attend school/work or participate in extracurricular activities for ten days after last contact with the COVID positive person.

Option B: With a negative test collected on day five or six a no contact period of seven days will be required. With a negative test result the student/staff member will be permitted to return to school/work and participate in extracurricular activities after seven days from the last contact with the COVID positive person.
If a student/staff member does develop COVID symptoms, a ten day no contact period is required starting the day after symptom onset. The student/staff member will not be permitted to attend school/work or participate in extracurricular activities for ten days or longer if symptoms persist.”

Yes this does clear things up. But I see alot of gray areas. If the player/players tested positive today, where do they draw the line on who is close contact. Is the entire school now under these guidelines? Just who was in class with them? Passing in the hallways? I know the team did not practice today, so what makes them considered close contact at this moment?

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:52 pm

“ Close Contacts

Just a weird time for all of us. The only thing I will tell you is injuries is not why the game was cancelled. The game will be played, so escaping this week is beneficial to no one.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

No kid has tested positive for Covid or at least had by earlier today

What I was told is at least one kid is positive for the flu and others have been sick. There is also a stomach virus going around here and I know several kids who have had it. Maybe the rescheduling of the game was mutual between the teams?

Another thing at West and I assume others flu symptoms are Covid symptoms until proven otherwise by a negative test or an alternative diagnosis.

SW is a good team. They may beat West. West may beat them. But I assure you West isn’t dodging SW. If they were why would they offer to play first week of January? Which is long before the tournament draw

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I would rather play SW sooner than later….just my view

Hopefully none of the kids at West get real sick or pass off to a family member

Had to wear a mask at NB last night…..is that the way throughout Scioto Co or just numbers high in that area? I didn’t think anyone was masking in a gym anymore

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:56 pm I would rather play SW sooner than later….just my view

Hopefully none of the kids at West get real sick or pass off to a family member

Had to wear a mask at NB last night…..is that the way throughout Scioto Co or just numbers high in that area? I didn’t think anyone was masking in a gym anymore
Went to green webster game and to portsmouth tournament, mask were not mandatory, some wore them but most did not

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Westfan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:27 pm No kid has tested positive for Covid or at least had by earlier today

What I was told is at least one kid is positive for the flu and others have been sick. There is also a stomach virus going around here and I know several kids who have had it. Maybe the rescheduling of the game was mutual between the teams?

Another thing at West and I assume others flu symptoms are Covid symptoms until proven otherwise by a negative test or an alternative diagnosis.

SW is a good team. They may beat West. West may beat them. But I assure you West isn’t dodging SW. If they were why would they offer to play first week of January? Which is long before the tournament draw
I never said they are dodging Webster. West could absolutely beat Webster. I would say they're both battling for the 2-4 spots in the conference. What I'm saying is --- canceling because of a couple kids sick that have not tested positive for COVID is kind of a strange move. Yet leaving your 2 games open the next week against far inferior opponents makes it even more strange.

I totally understand wanting to have your full squad against a league opponent. However, with COVID outbreaks inevitable throughout the season and potential inclement weather issues that happen every year, postponing/rescheduling a game this early in the season for a couple kids who "might" have the flu is a really odd move.

Need to play the games while you can because it's a long season filled with plenty of other postponements and weather issues. Playing Tuesday, canceling Friday for sickness, then playing the following Tuesday and Friday isn't something you see very often in SEO basketball - if at all.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
WSB
Waterboy

Post by WSB »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:55 pm Jeeps by a gazillion
Its really sad that people get on here to spread rumors. If its truly that important just ask. It was an agreed rescheduling.

Return to “Boys Basketball”