Nelsonville-York (6-14),(1-9)

Trimble (16-0),(9-0)
Federal Hocking (15-3),(9-0)
Waterford (12-5),(6-4)
South Gallia (7-8),(4-5)
Belpre (4-15),(2-7)
Southern (6-13),(1-8)
Eastern (1-17),(1-8)
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:21 am, edited 11 times in total.

PeteM.
Waterboy

Re: Official TVC Boys Basketball Thread

Post by PeteM. »

TVC- Ohio. Nelsonville, Vinton County and Wellston are the biggest surprises for me. I thought Wellston or Vinton County would be a front runner to win the conference. Wellston has one of the best players I've seen in the conference.

TVC- Hocking. Belpre, Southern and South Gallia are my surprises here. Belpre 0-2 start. Southern starting at 3-1 is shocking. South Gallia 2-0 and graduated 4 starters from last years team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks for this thread….who has Southern defeated? Thanks

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Southern beat Miller, Beallsville and Clay
Lost at NY

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:53 pm Southern beat Miller, Beallsville and Clay
Lost at NY
Thanks

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

PeteM. wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:39 am TVC- Ohio. Nelsonville, Vinton County and Wellston are the biggest surprises for me. I thought Wellston or Vinton County would be a front runner to win the conference. Wellston has one of the best players I've seen in the conference.

TVC- Hocking. Belpre, Southern and South Gallia are my surprises here. Belpre 0-2 start. Southern starting at 3-1 is shocking. South Gallia 2-0 and graduated 4 starters from last years team.
Why shocked? Jeff Caldwell is a good coach and gets the most out of his kids.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tuesday night TVC scoreboard Dec. 7th

Fed Hock 78
Alexander 51

Meigs 71
Eastern 36

Zane Trace 66
Vinton County 46

Nelsonville-York 42
Berne Union 47

Southern 75
River Valley 63 OT

Waterford 41
Shenandoah 39

Warren 66
Belpre 44

Oak Hill 61
South Gallila 52
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Despite losing 4 starters to graduation, the Federal Hocking Lancers have picked up right where they left off a year ago winning basketball games. Sophomore PG Tariq Cottrill scored a game high 30 points to lead Fed Hock past Alexander 78-51 to improve to (2-1) on the season. The lone loss being a 57-55 set back to Morgan.

Four players scored in double figures versus Alex with Lane Smith adding 12, 6 rebounds and a nice dunk with an Alexander defender on his hip. Center Tyler Rodgers scored 11 and just missed a double-double with 9 boards. Caden Chapman scored 10 to go along with Cottrill's 30.

Federal Hocking 18 23 20 17 - 78
Alexander 19 6 17 9 - 51

Kyler D'Augustino led the Spartans with 27.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:49 pm Despite losing 4 starters to graduation, the Federal Hocking Lancers have picked up right where they left off a year ago winning basketball games. Sophomore PG Tariq Cottrill scored a game high 30 points to lead Fed Hock past Alexander 78-51 to improve to (2-1) on the season. The lone loss being a 57-55 set back to Morgan.

Four players scored in double figures versus Alex with Lane Smith adding 12, 6 rebounds and a nice dunk with an Alexander defender on his hip. Center Tyler Rodgers scored 11 and just missed a double-double with 9 boards. Caden Chapman scored 10 to go along with Cottrill's 30.

Federal Hocking 18 23 20 17 - 78
Alexander 19 6 17 9 - 51

Kyler D'Augustino led the Spartans with 27.
After reading about the early foul trouble for Alex I understand why Skinny chased the refs again. Prolly brought back nightmares of the Glouster refs. :mrgreen:

Howie has revenge on his mind against the Lancers so they better be ready when they face the Cats is all I'm saying about that.

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble won't need revenge motivation. They are the best team in either the Hocking or Ohio this year for a reason. But Fed was definitely better than I expected after losing so many seniors. They will put up a fight for sure, but in the end, I don't see the Cats losing a league game all year unless Warerford upsets them at home.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:19 pm Trimble won't need revenge motivation. They are the best team in either the Hocking or Ohio this year for a reason. But Fed was definitely better than I expected after losing so many seniors. They will put up a fight for sure, but in the end, I don't see the Cats losing a league game all year unless Warerford upsets them at home.
Waterford will have a "good" crew of refs ready for them for sure. Prolly won't be enough though. But Howie still has to go to Southern and South Gallia. Both of those have a long history of having "good" crews from time to time as well. And among refs most love Howie, but there are some who absolutely hate him. There's no middle ground between them and him so if they get any of the haters they could be the great equalizer. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Friday night boys basketball scores: Dec. 10th

Alexander 50
Wellston 71

Meigs 72
River Valley 40

Nelsonville-York 51
Vinton County 67

Trimble 74
Belpre 53

Federal Hocking 60
Southern 37

Eastern 35
Waterford 60
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JWICK24
Waterboy

Post by JWICK24 »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:27 pm Friday night boys basketball scores: Dec. 10th

Alexander 50
Wellston 61

Meigs 72
River Valley 40

Nelsonville-York 51
Vinton County 67

Trimble 74
Belpre 53

Federal Hocking 60
Southern 37

Eastern 35
Waterford 60
Alexander 50
Wellston 71
Was the final score.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thanks.
Fixed it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

After week two of the boys basketball season some familiar names have found there way to the top of the TVC-Hocking as Waterford, Trimble and Federal Hocking are a combined 9-2 overall and 3-0 in league play. The Tomcats had four players in double figures Friday led by Blake Guffey, who scored a game high 23 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and added 6 steals and 4 assists to lead Trimble past Belpre 74-53. Federal Hocking followed its 27-point win over Alexander Tuesday with a 23-point league victory over Southern on Friday. The Wildcats continue to roll as they have won their first games of the year, including a 60-35 Hocking Division win over Eastern Friday night.

On the Ohio side it seems to be wide open with a cluster of teams capable of beating one another on a given night. Wellston has won three straight since Cyan Irvin returned to the lineup after their 71-50 win over Alexander on Friday. Vinton County has won two straight and is (1-0) in conference play after its win over Nelsonville-York and Coulter Cleland scored 17 points and grabbed 10 boards to lead Meigs past River Valley to improve to (3-2) overall and (1-0) in the TVC-Ohio.

(after Dec. 11th games)

Meigs (3-2),(1-0)
Wellston (3-2),(1-0)
Vinton County (2-3),(1-0)
Athens (1-4),(0-0)
Nelsonville-York (2-2),(0-1)
Alexander (2-3),(0-1)
River Valley (1-4),(0-1)

Waterford (4-0),(1-0)
Trimble (2-0),(1-0)
Federal Hocking (3-2),(1-0)
South Gallia (2-1),(0-0)
Southern (4-2),(0-1)
Belpre (0-5),(0-1)
Eastern (0-5),(0-1)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Some big games coming up next week when Waterford (4-0) plays at Trimble (2-0) Tuesday night in Glouster. The Tomcats also have an interesting game against Caldwell Saturday at The Alley Classic in Albany. Fed Hock has a couple league games vs Belpre and at South Gallia before facing Fairland Saturday at The Classic.

In the Ohio Athens plays at Meigs Tuesday, which will tell us a lot about those two teams. Alexander at Meigs Friday should be interesting with Kyler D'Augustino and Coulter Cleland going head to head.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Thanks 93Bulldog. I appreciate seeing the standings.

DaLlyod22
Waterboy

Post by DaLlyod22 »

Haven’t got to catch many games in person yet. But from watching the streams and listening intently on the radio. The Ohio is down a little but a lot of bright spots, Any ones race really. Going to come down to who doesn’t lose a game they should win. But as a lot of people have already said. There is a ton of parity in southeast Ohio basketball.

-Vinton County- has the advantage with Coaching experience coupled with good size, solid guard play. Had a shaky start but kinda figuring it out their last couple games who they want to be as squad.

- Alexander- Has one of those kids in DiAugustino that can any given night just take over a game, But can his supporting cast help enough at times to find wins.

Athens- Plays hard watching them play Jackson last night the kids are tough. The Lucas kid is very solid, and they won’t roll over and die. You’ll be in a dawg fight with em (no pun intended)

NY- Ton of athletes on that team, but struggled quite a bit at times playing Vinton county offensively. But that being said they also have that athleticism to keep them in games. Seem like they can be one of those streaky teams that will ruffle some feathers.

River Valley- The only team I haven’t got to watch or listen to a game on the radio yet. But it seems they may be down this year from scores I’ve seen not making any assumptions without seeing them play.

Meigs- Cleland obviously a division one athlete and he has a solid supporting, they have a good bit of experience to go with it. All around up and down very very solid.

Wellston- Ervin from what I’ve seen is one of the best players I’ve seen in awhile. His supporting cast has stepped up quite a bit. I think they may shock some people as the season goes on.

In my NON-Expert opinion I think it’s a true toss up between VC- Meigs- Wellston.

Just an avid listener and though Ohio maybe down there is still a lot of good basketball and potential in these clubs. Can’t wait to see it all play out.

P.S. I want to say thank you for so many schools having livestreams and pages with links to radio channels to listen to these games love southeastern Ohio sports and it makes it a lot easier being able to watch and listen away from home.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

DaLlyod22 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:27 pm Haven’t got to catch many games in person yet. But from watching the streams and listening intently on the radio. The Ohio is down a little but a lot of bright spots, Any ones race really. Going to come down to who doesn’t lose a game they should win. But as a lot of people have already said. There is a ton of parity in southeast Ohio basketball.

-Vinton County- has the advantage with Coaching experience coupled with good size, solid guard play. Had a shaky start but kinda figuring it out their last couple games who they want to be as squad.

- Alexander- Has one of those kids in DiAugustino that can any given night just take over a game, But can his supporting cast help enough at times to find wins.

Athens- Plays hard watching them play Jackson last night the kids are tough. The Lucas kid is very solid, and they won’t roll over and die. You’ll be in a dawg fight with em (no pun intended)

NY- Ton of athletes on that team, but struggled quite a bit at times playing Vinton county offensively. But that being said they also have that athleticism to keep them in games. Seem like they can be one of those streaky teams that will ruffle some feathers.

River Valley- The only team I haven’t got to watch or listen to a game on the radio yet. But it seems they may be down this year from scores I’ve seen not making any assumptions without seeing them play.

Meigs- Cleland obviously a division one athlete and he has a solid supporting, they have a good bit of experience to go with it. All around up and down very very solid.

Wellston- Ervin from what I’ve seen is one of the best players I’ve seen in awhile. His supporting cast has stepped up quite a bit. I think they may shock some people as the season goes on.

In my NON-Expert opinion I think it’s a true toss up between VC- Meigs- Wellston.

Just an avid listener and though Ohio maybe down there is still a lot of good basketball and potential in these clubs. Can’t wait to see it all play out.

P.S. I want to say thank you for so many schools having livestreams and pages with links to radio channels to listen to these games love southeastern Ohio sports and it makes it a lot easier being able to watch and listen away from home.
Good post. Welcome

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Vegas odds to win the TVC Ohio

Meigs 6:1
Vinton County 6:1
Wellston 10:1
Athens 25:1
Alexander 25:1
Nelsonville-York 30:1