12/7/21 Wheelersburg @ Webster

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: 12/7/21 Wheelersburg @ Webster

Post by LucasDavenport »

Great second half by the Jeeps.

14-0 3rd Quarter to lead 45-44 and 21-12 4th Quarter to win 66-56.

35-12 Second Half.

The Valley game in The Village Friday shall be fun!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Incredible 2nd half by South Webster tonight. Wow if you didn’t witness it I feel bad for you. Held burg to 9 points in the second half before swords took a three when everyone was walking off the court. Can’t say enough about the heart these men are showing this year. Something that’s been missing the past 3 years.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Great second half by the Jeeps. The Burg players must have stood outside for the whole halftime. They were ice cold!! Can’t win too many games when you don’t score for a whole quarter. Good luck to the Jeeps the rest of the season. The rematch at a the Burg should be another good one.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:04 pm Incredible 2nd half by South Webster tonight. Wow if you didn’t witness it I feel bad for you. Held burg to 9 points in the second half before swords took a three when everyone was walking off the court. Can’t say enough about the heart these men are showing this year. Something that’s been missing the past 3 years.
That shot wasn’t terrible. Still 10 or 11 seconds to go when he shot it and the look on his face was one of “this probably won’t go in either”.

The Stage basket is definitely the better shooting basket.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats Webster on the win!! Tale of two halves for sure. Burg on fire in the first half, especially the 2nd quarter but then then fatigue kicked in on Burg and they couldn't throw it in the ocean. You could tell SW was a team that has been practicing for a while and Burg just started last week.

Swords is a shooter, that's for sure and Clark is going to be okay as well. Don't remember him playing last year. Other guys on the team are going to have to start shooting and not rely on Swords and Clark to do everything. Lot of turnovers in the second half due to trying to force the ball to them.

I'm curious if Kaleb Arthur is going to try and play at some time this season since he is on the roster. If he is able to play that will help on the inside. No real bangers for Burg in the paint. I think Burg will be okay as long as they can beat a press. They are going to see a lot of presses this year,

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Gonna be some sore bodies and some sore jaws tomorrow 😉

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:12 pm Congrats Webster on the win!! Tale of two halves for sure. Burg on fire in the first half, especially the 2nd quarter but then then fatigue kicked in on Burg and they couldn't throw it in the ocean. You could tell SW was a team that has been practicing for a while and Burg just started last week.

Swords is a shooter, that's for sure and Clark is going to be okay as well. Don't remember him playing last year. Other guys on the team are going to have to start shooting and not rely on Swords and Clark to do everything. Lot of turnovers in the second half due to trying to force the ball to them.

I'm curious if Kaleb Arthur is going to try and play at some time this season since he is on the roster. If he is able to play that will help on the inside. No real bangers for Burg in the paint. I think Burg will be okay as long as they can beat a press. They are going to see a lot of presses this year,
Yabba: Burg also missing their other big man in Kaden Johnson who is also still out with a knee injury from last year. Him and Arthur were on the bench in street clothes, but will be interesting to see if they make it back for second half of season.

As for this one, fun game to watch, but both teams looked far from finished products. Really impressed how Webster sharing the ball on offense. Wish they had more depth, but as long as no injuries, they can get by with a 6 man rotation in D4 (I remember them almost winning a district championship few years back with basically no bench!).

Burg will get better as season goes along. They will struggle to score at times which is expected, but the first half showed what they are capable of. Clark was pretty impressive for not playing in awhile. McKenzie also was a new face that played solid. And as stated above, if Arthur and/or Johnson return from injury, their interior defense and rebounding will get a big boost.*

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Of course I didn’t see the game but I’m a little surprised with the way this game played out. I thought Wheelersburg would have had the slow 1st half because of limited practice time and it being their first game. But they were the one that came out on fire. I have to contribute that to the winning attitude that carries over from football. It sounds like South Webster and Valley might be the two early season surprises in the SOC - II. It’s going to be a fun year in southern Ohio!

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:37 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:12 pm Congrats Webster on the win!! Tale of two halves for sure. Burg on fire in the first half, especially the 2nd quarter but then then fatigue kicked in on Burg and they couldn't throw it in the ocean. You could tell SW was a team that has been practicing for a while and Burg just started last week.

Yabba: Burg also missing their other big man in Kaden Johnson who is also still out with a knee injury from last year. Him and Arthur were on the bench in street clothes, but will be interesting to see if they make it back for second half of season.

As for this one, fun game to watch, but both teams looked far from finished products. Really impressed how Webster sharing the ball on offense. Wish they had more depth, but as long as no injuries, they can get by with a 6 man rotation in D4 (I remember them almost winning a district championship few years back with basically no bench!).

Burg will get better as season goes along. They will struggle to score at times which is expected, but the first half showed what they are capable of. Clark was pretty impressive for not playing in awhile. McKenzie also was a new face that played solid. And as stated above, if Arthur and/or Johnson return from injury, their interior defense and rebounding will get a big boost.*
Yes I was thinking the same thing. I know over the summer they had the had the Stanley kid playing the post and he is a big physical player. I am surprised to hear we got beat up on the boards. I didn't catch the game but I thought with two 6'4" 200+ kids post play would not be our problem I thought it would be finding scorers to help Swords

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The stat line on rebounds wasn’t anywhere close. They’ve had trouble with it since they’ve implemented it

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Caught this one online. Was wondering how burg would look with burg losing their entire starting line up. Surprisingly they look pretty good. SOC will probably be hard to get but I can see them winning more than what I thought. Burg needs the two who are injured to get healthy to give them an inside scoring presence. Something they lacked last night. Correct me if I’m wrong but either Webster came out and started switching off on the dribble drive or played off and kept burg in front of them. Either way it kept the pirates from beating their man off the dribble. ATER tried to run some inside stuff but they are lacking an inside scoring presence and probably won’t get it until those guys return if they do. Otherwise this is the blueprint to beat burg.

Defensively burg played fine. Will get better. Webster has some lethal outside shooters and roberts is going to be a good one.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Burg guard scoring is going to cause problems, they can't or won't shoot , not enough inside to carry them.

Return to “Boys Basketball”