Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Has wheelersburg played a game yet?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: 12/7/21 Wheelersburg @ Webster

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

This will be the season opener for The Pirates.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I can’t remember the last time we beat wheelersburg. Probably when Ater was our coach.

Jeeps by 9 I say a low scoring affair 49-40. I’m looking for burg to eat the clock as much as possible. Webster is GOOD in transition

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Burg the unknown….SW flying high and feeling good. Ater will have a good plan in place.

I feel like this game won’t be that close…either way.

Jeeps by 14
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Sure hope this game will be streamed.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

jeep80 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:47 pm Sure hope this game will be streamed.
Webster streamed everything last year (with commentary) and is doing the same this year. YouTube -> search bloom vernon.

Shout out from College Station I’m not that far from you jeep80

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'm curious to see Wheelersburg, nobody really knows what to expect this year. Swords the lone returning starter and is very good. Losing MIller/Truitt/McCorkle/Sanderlin is a huge blow to any team. I believe Wheelersburg's JV was very good last year.

Burg always reloads with athletes so I'm sure they're better than most are giving them credit for. I think this game will be tight. I think Jeeps by 6-7 after free throws down the stretch.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I will see you tomorrow night in The Village for this one.

I texted with Coach Ater this morning as he checked on my mother who fell Sunday Morning and broke her leg. She’s having surgery tomorrow morning and is too ornery for anything to go seriously wrong.

Coach Ater has a special place in my family’s heart - Connor’s junior year he came in to SWHS and helped pull us out of a total quagmire. 3 and 4 wins his freshman and sophomore years to 18-4 his junior year and a District Championship his Senior Year. The Loops and Connor and the kids definitely were a big part of it but Coach Ater was the missing piece.

He was out at the Notre Dame game and knows that South Webster is a handful to guard this year. I would like to tell you the insight he gave me on his team but we will all find out together as you never know until the lights are on and the ball is tipped.

As a graduate of Wheelersburg and now a 30+ year resident of South Webster this matchup is always a favorite of mine. I’m keeping the clock for SWHS boys games this year so feel free to stop by and say Hello. Hopefully the settings have been changed on the board for the timeouts as I couldn’t change them for the ND game and the board reflected 5 timeouts the entire game. If that’s the only problem though it’s a good night.

South Webster will be ready to go and Wheelersburg always fills up the Visitor’s Side and this being their First game will only add to the atmosphere.

The Village will be buzzing tomorrow.

Coach Cole and his Staff will be ready.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:04 pm I will see you tomorrow night in The Village for this one.

I texted with Coach Ater this morning as he checked on my mother who fell Sunday Morning and broke her leg. She’s having surgery tomorrow morning and is too ornery for anything to go seriously wrong.

Coach Ater has a special place in my family’s heart - Connor’s junior year he came in to SWHS and helped pull us out of a total quagmire. 3 and 4 wins his freshman and sophomore years to 18-4 his junior year and a District Championship his Senior Year. The Loops and Connor and the kids definitely were a big part of it but Coach Ater was the missing piece.

He was out at the Notre Dame game and knows that South Webster is a handful to guard this year. I would like to tell you the insight he gave me on his team but we will all find out together as you never know until the lights are on and the ball is tipped.

As a graduate of Wheelersburg and now a 30+ year resident of South Webster this matchup is always a favorite of mine. I’m keeping the clock for SWHS boys games this year so feel free to stop by and say Hello. Hopefully the settings have been changed on the board for the timeouts as I couldn’t change them for the ND game and the board reflected 5 timeouts the entire game. If that’s the only problem though it’s a good night.

South Webster will be ready to go and Wheelersburg always fills up the Visitor’s Side and this being their First game will only add to the atmosphere.

Prayers and positive thoughts for a good outcome with your mom's surgery tomorrow LD ! It should be a dandy of a game tomorrow night !

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:17 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:04 pm I will see you tomorrow night in The Village for this one.

Prayers and positive thoughts for a good outcome with your mom's surgery tomorrow LD ! It should be a dandy of a game tomorrow night !
Thank you!

Minford and Valley will be a good one too! Frosh Miles Montgomery of Minford had 29 Friday Night vs Oak Hill. 2 very good Freshmen in SOC 2 this year.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Lucas: well stated on Ater. He did a phenomenal job at Webster and anybody who had an issue with him was just sour grapes over him leaving for Burg. Guy has one of the best basketball minds around. Also, sorry to hear that about your mom and hope she fully recovers.

As for this game, don’t know what to expect from Burg with a lot of new faces and not much time in the gym. But I guarantee they’ll play defense and rebound. As for the Jeeps, love the balanced scoring they’ve showed so far and hope they keep hitting the boards. Should be a fun one.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Hate to miss this one but I’ll be there in spirit through the live stream.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:17 pm Hate to miss this one but I’ll be there in spirit through the live stream.
I’m not sure The Gymnasium will be the same.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Prayers Lucas for your mom and her surgery.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Prayers Lucas for your mother also.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Thanks everyone.

Surgery is at 4

I won’t be able to attend tonight.

Go Jeeps

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:58 am Thanks everyone.

Surgery is at 4

I won’t be able to attend tonight.

Go Jeeps
Prayers for your mom.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Surgery went well.

Thanks everyone!

Now back to the game!!

Should be a fun one in The Village.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg up 44-31 at half. Swords shooting the lights out of and Josh Clark is a player.

On to the second half.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”