D4 Scores and Updates 2022

Sportsfan98
Waterboy

Re: SEO D4 Rankings

Post by Sportsfan98 »

JustAnObserver wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:47 pm
Western24 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:37 pm
Sportsfan98 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:41 pm How I see it as of today, based off of strength of schedule along with quality wins.

1.) Trimble
2.) Valley
3.) South Webster
4.) Fed hock
5.)Symmes Valley
6.) Western
7.)Fairfield
8.) Waterford
9.) Paint valley
10.) Whiteoak/ND

1-3 is pretty obvious for me. Trimble now the clear cut 1 seed with the only remaining undefeated record. I initially would have went with a 1 loss valley team based off of strength of schedule. Now with 2 L's I have to give the edge to trimble. Webster comes in at 3 just simply because of the schedule they play. They have a win over a tough minford team who could arguably be the 1 seed in D3 as of today, also beat burg whom is never an easy out. 4-8 is where it gets really tough for me. Fed hock has beaten athens, alexander, and waterford which is all quality wins to me and this is why they hold the 4 spot currently. 2 of their losses coming to D3 powerhouse fairland and another one to our number 1 seed trimble. Symmes valley coming in at the 5 seed simply because they are (10-2) at the moment with the head to head win over western along with what I consider a quality win over portsmouth west at pwest. 2 losses coming to Valley and Notre Dame. I do believe western will beat symmes at western, but until then symmes has to be ahead. Western being the 6 is tough with a 14-2 record, but where are the quality wins? In my opinion western is a good team, but they do not have any quality wins and their strength of schedule is bad. They do have a bad loss to New Boston. While I understand the loss came at a time when western was playing a lot of games in a short amount of time at the end of the day it is still a loss. Fairfield coming in at 7 where as I honestly think they could be as high as the 4 seed. I honestly just have not seen them play in person and cannot put them any higher until I do. Waterford at 8 with the potential to climb with remaining games against trimble and fed hock. Rounding out the bottom is Paint valley, whiteoak and ND. I really do think 4-8 could be exchanged in anyway. This is just the way I see it

This is my first time posting on this site, as I have been following and reading through the forums the last few years. I finally decided to break silence and have some fun. lol. I know this is all opinion based. I have seen most of these teams play and have shared how I think it stands today based off of schedules and nice wins. Let me know what you think!
My only reaction to this would be, while western did have the slip up to NB, every other win has been by double digits most by 15 or more. They arent playing close games against this so called poor competition. Notre Dame at Notre Dame is Western's only win by less than 13 points. It is no secret that yes Westerns schedule is not up there with Valley or Webster's but if you look at their points for vs their points against this season has to be a 20 point margin. Looking forward to seeing how the tournament seeding plays out, but I don't see how if Western wins their next three and goes into the draw 17-2 that they arent the 3 seed.
Let me add, and I know some will disagree, but the SOC 2 is not the monster everyone thought or thinks. It’s just not. I seen Valley play more than once, SW more than once, I’ve seen Minford, Waverly, NW multiple times, West, Eastern, Wheelersburg… and I’m sorry but Valley and SW doesn’t get extra credit for beating some of those teams just because they’re in a bigger division than the SOC I. I get it, the middle and bottom of the SOC I is bad, I know. But think about it…Valley lost to Waverly and Minford (no shame in that) but I believe there is a really good chance that the only teams Western would have lost to, if Western played the same SOC 2 schedule to this point, would probably be Waverly and Minford.
Again, if you’ve seen western play (don’t go on size or supposed strength of schedule) who do you think would win between Western and…Wheelersburg, NW, Oak Hill, West, Eastern (they play them soon), SW?
Hmmm…seems like Western might have the exact same record right now in the SOC 2 as Valley does.

My only point is this. I’m not campaigning for Western to get a higher seed unless Valley loses more game (And Western takes care of their own business) I’m just pointing out everyone that keeps hammering strength of schedule might want to at least look a little deeper and not assume the usual.
Western beat Peebles at Peebles by 25, beat a 10-4 Ripley team by 36, went 4-0 against the SVC to open the season.

Just some thoughts to stew on. No ill will or anger. Lol.
Let me also add, I think you’ve made a great point here and I have seen western play. I think they’re a good ball club, but Webster wins that matchup most of the time, along with burg, and probably a split with Pwest and NW. SOC 1 is also way down from years past which doesn’t help westerns argument any. They could prove me completely wrong, but right now I think there is 5 teams in this sectional better than them.

Bronco19
Waterboy

Post by Bronco19 »

Is Fayetteville in the Southeast district?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bronco19 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:34 pm Is Fayetteville in the Southeast district?
No they are southwest but play 8 SE district teams in their league

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think if Western was in the SOC 2 they’d have 9 losses in the league

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Webster let’s the D4 people know they’re still here!

Jeeps 52
Indians 50

Valley has led late in all 3 losses and had gotten really sloppy. I know they’ve played a lot of games in a lot of days, so hopefully this loss will give them that jolt they need to kick it back into gear!

Gonna be an exciting tournament!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

They barely beat us the first time. Definitely never was a big gap there

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Barnett is back for Whiteoak….scored 21 tonight

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Keep doubting the Western Indians.

14 wins by 15 or more points.

To think they would have 9 losses in SOC 2 is laughable. Northwest didn’t score two quarters against them in a scrimmage. PV just beat Unioto who always gets credit for winning SVC. Western beats PV Piketon SE Hunt by 20+ AVERAGE and you disregard those wins.

Western gives up 36 ppg. They could compete with Valley and Minford AND Waverly. Brewster has almost 5 assists to turnover ratio. They’ve hit 100 3s on the season. They have 7 guys that have scored double figures. 3 guys averaging double figures.

Keep doubting.

You doubt them because you only look at athleticism and that’s why you’re wrong on teams like Burg and Portsmouth.

Those boys are dogs. They will win the SOC and the district!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Lol 😆

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Waverly, Minford, Valley, Webster and West would beat Western twice. They split with Burg and Northwest (if healthy, each would beat Western twice, but we’ll say just once for argument sake). Western probably beats Eastern and Oak Hill twice each. I’d put them at 6-12 in SOC II.*

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think it’s also worth noting that Valley has played 6 games in 10 days, against darn good competition.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Western plays a softer schedule than Trimble does and that’s saying something.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

And while we’re at it, put Portsmouth or Burg in SOC I and they each go 14-2 or better.*

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Also….I love this, it will make the tournament so fun.

SOC2 Valley and Webster gonna run it! 😜😂

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I don’t know much about Western, at all. I just know that they lost to SV and 4 days later Valley beat SV by 30.

Not that it means much….but just noteworthy maybe.

I think they got a little excited beating up on East, Clay, Green and Ripley…

Trimble, SW, Valley are different animals, especially when they’re on.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I’m very relieved to see that Valley has 9 days off after playing 6 games in 10 days against the top SOC competition and some improving teams in Burg and NW.

I think you’ll see these boys rejuvenated and back at it with new energy on Feb 1 vs West.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:21 pm Western plays a softer schedule than Trimble does and that’s saying something.
Webster’s is loaded too. St Joe Clay and East coming up.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

AnkleBraces wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:37 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:21 pm Western plays a softer schedule than Trimble does and that’s saying something.
Defend your Indians! Don’t let us gang up on you!

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

coop wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:38 pm
AnkleBraces wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:37 pm
Defend your Indians! Don’t let us gang up on you!
4 kids with efficiency rating over 10 per game. I looked that up for the last 20 years at Piketon with that since my buddy has the stats.

09 team went to state. The other had 23 wins.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The other probably don’t have Trimble, Valley and SW waiting on them. 🧐🧐

Honestly, I’m looking forward to seeing your Indians play, let me know when a game is streaming.

Return to “Boys Basketball”