D4 Scores and Updates 2022

hhawk
Freshman Team

Re: SEO D4 Rankings

Post by hhawk »

I just was looking at there schedule,they will have played 12 games by the end of December, providing nothing gets cancelled because of weather or hopefully covid stays away from teams this season

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

The game I'm really interested in this weekend,is the Trimble vs Caldwell game at Alexander HS,I know it's early in the season,it might give the fans from the east District and the southeast district who might be some of top teams in the area

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

transplant wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:41 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:21 am Who has Eastern Pike beaten?
I think, Green, North Adams, West, and Oak hill

lost to Huntington Ross and Piketon

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
If you told me 3 weeks ago Eastern would be 2-4 and those were reversed, I would have believed you more than what I see now.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:10 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:41 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:21 am Who has Eastern Pike beaten?
I think, Green, North Adams, West, and Oak hill

lost to Huntington Ross and Piketon

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
If you told me 3 weeks ago Eastern would be 2-4 and those were reversed, I would have believed you more than what I see now.
I know, and if it wasn't for a bad 4th quarter against Huntington, could be sitting at 5-1. We will see how the compete Friday. Good ole Rick Bowman will be back on the sidelines in Valley's gym as an assistant for Eastern.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Eastern Pike had a good week. I'd be surprised to see that continue throughout conference play. We will see.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree, the next few weeks will tell separate a lot of teams I think.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

South Webster got throttled by the best team

Fairfield by 14 over Paint Valley

Trimble by 11 over Waterford

Whiteoak loses by 3 at Eastern Brown

Western loses at New Boston

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:21 pm South Webster got throttled by the best team

Fairfield by 14 over Paint Valley

Trimble by 11 over Waterford

Whiteoak loses by 3 at Eastern Brown

Western loses at New Boston
Western losing to New Boston stands out the most to me… New Boston will obviously jump up the rankings and Western will take a slide.

Trimble and Valley separating themselves from the others.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
PeteM.
Waterboy

Post by PeteM. »

Federal Hocking will make there way up on this list. I don't see anyone besides Trimble beating them from here on out.

New Boston game surprised me. Coming into this game I had Trimble, Valley and Western as my top 3. Sounds like New Boston is trying to find there identity. New Boston could be a dangerous team down the line.
Last edited by PeteM. on Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DcP3407
Riding the Bench

Post by DcP3407 »

I believe the point made earlier that Valley and Webster will be battle tested by the time the tournament comes around is huge. SOC 2 is solid, with not many nights off, and playing in more competitive games with quality opponents night in and night out makes a huge difference, especially when prepping for a solid tournament run.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak is shut down the last 4 days before their Christmas break and no athletic games or practices of any kind until further notice….which also puts games between Christmas and school starting back in jeopardy.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles is getting with coach Arey's program.Im glad people are forgetting about them.haha!

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

No one forgets about the best coach in southeastern Ohio

Everyone in the state d4 should know of 2 coaches in Southeast district d4. Howie and Josh Arey! No questions asked. Best 2 around!!!

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Point blank wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:55 pm No one forgets about the best coach in southeastern Ohio

Everyone in the state d4 should know of 2 coaches in Southeast district d4. Howie and Josh Arey! No questions asked. Best 2 around!!!
Both tremendous sideline and in game coaches. Arey gets extra credit for making the most out of what he has. Howie will get credit for taking “football” players with no basketball skill but Howie has always had talent and when he doesn’t, he goes to where there is. Arey loses most of his rotation and competes for district titles. Howie wins them with great programs he goes to, but he is a great coach. I do agree they are the top 2 coaches in division 4.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

PeteM. wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:32 am Federal Hocking will make there way up on this list. I don't see anyone besides Trimble beating them from here on out.

New Boston game surprised me. Coming into this game I had Trimble, Valley and Western as my top 3. Sounds like New Boston is trying to find there identity. They lose to SG by 30 than beat Western. New Boston could be a dangerous team down the line.
Perhaps you didn't look at the schedule close enough?

Fairland 81, Fed Hock 38. Final

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Paint Valley is going to be an interesting team to track. Two outstanding scorers, plus some really good athletes to go with them. They are working to get better on the defensive end, so if they can tighten that end up, they’ll be a pretty tough out

Still might end up .500 and have a really tough matchup to advance though.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:03 pm Paint Valley is going to be an interesting team to track. Two outstanding scorers, plus some really good athletes to go with them. They are working to get better on the defensive end, so if they can tighten that end up, they’ll be a pretty tough out

Teams that aren’t solid on defense will be game for the “upset” vs Paint Valley…..there are 2-3 of those teams probably above them that come to mind.

Fairfield lost to Cedarville but also was without a starter. Earlier in week won @ Paint Valley 64-50

1. Trimble/Valley
3. South Webster
4. Fairfield

5. Waterford 🤷🏻‍♂️

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Who does Trimble play for the Beast of the Southeast?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:03 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:03 pm Paint Valley is going to be an interesting team to track. Two outstanding scorers, plus some really good athletes to go with them. They are working to get better on the defensive end, so if they can tighten that end up, they’ll be a pretty tough out

Teams that aren’t solid on defense will be game for the “upset” vs Paint Valley…..there are 2-3 of those teams probably above them that come to mind.

Fairfield lost to Cedarville but also was without a starter. Earlier in week won @ Paint Valley 64-50

1. Trimble/Valley
3. South Webster
4. Fairfield

5. Waterford 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have Wellston playing at Fairfield next Wednesday. That outta be interesting. Should give us some insight on both those teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:58 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:03 pm

1. Trimble/Valley
3. South Webster
4. Fairfield

5. Waterford 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have Wellston playing at Fairfield next Wednesday. That outta be interesting. Should give us some insight on both those teams.
We’ll see if schedule matters along with matchups….I think Wellston is similar to Paint Valley

Return to “Boys Basketball”