D4 Scores and Updates 2022

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Re: SEO D4 Rankings

Post by AnkleBraces »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:18 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:31 am How I see it as of today...

1a.) Trimble
1b.) Valley
3.) South Webster
4.) Western
5.) Leesburg Fairfield
6.) Federal Hocking
7.) Symmes Valley
8.) Waterford
9.) Paint Valley
10.) Whiteoak
11.) Notre Dame
12.) Peebles

I genuinely believe the only 3 teams capable of WINNING the district are Valley, Trimble, and South Webster (2 of them will win and advance). I just think those 3 have separated themselves from the rest of D4, particularly Trimble and Valley. South Webster has the talent to knock one of them off but it would take a tremendous game.

The Regional is setup this year where the SE District 1 winner will face the SE District 2 winner in the regional semifinals, thus guaranteeing a SEO team in the Regional Final.

The East is better this year than last year and the winning there will most likely be between River, Hiland, Malvern, or possibly Strasburg or Caldwell... RIver/Malvern/Hiland seem to be separating themselves, however.

Out of the Central it looks like Grandview Heights is the favorite yet again as they returned a huge chunk from last years team. East Knox, Tree of Life, and Groveport Christian are possible but Grandview seems to be separating themselves from the pack.
I’m switching Fairfield and Western but both are quite good….and a bit behind SW as you said

Everything else I’m on board with. Whiteoak could possibly be getting Barnett back in a couple weeks but still waiting on some results.
-Trimble gave up 70 to Southern who beat Clay by 13
-I’ve seen Western beat Fairfield easily 3X this off-season/foundation game

Valley is the team to beat but are they deep enough? Played 5 vs Waverly

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley played 7 vs Waverly but only 5 scored.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Comparing scores is pointless and useless. It means nothing.

Trimble is the defending district champions with every single player back. Until someone beats them, I'm not putting anyone over them.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Typical internet banter. The cream rises to the top and eventually the issue will be settled on the court. The best team on that particular NIGHT will be crowned Champs. It is how it is and how it'll always be. The Champs will remain so until another comes along.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

So correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that what a message board forum is for? I’m my experience since day 1 of this site has been fun banter, comparisons, etc…

If everyone agreed that “Trimble is the top dog”(which as the defending district champ, is valid) and there’s no one who can beat them, why is this topic here?

I mean Valley lost to the regional champion New Boston last year in the tournament and returned EVERYONE as well.

I look forward to these 2 meeting up, what a great atmosphere that could be.

No, South Webster, we’re not discounting you 😘

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:10 pm Comparing scores is pointless and useless. It means nothing.
I agree. I've seen comparing scores get bit so many times over the years that I don't let it persuade me in comparing teams.
coop wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:10 am So correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that what a message board forum is for? I’m my experience since day 1 of this site has been fun banter, comparisons, etc…

If everyone agreed that “Trimble is the top dog”(which as the defending district champ, is valid) and there’s no one who can beat them, why is this topic here?

I mean Valley lost to the regional champion New Boston last year in the tournament and returned EVERYONE as well.

I look forward to these 2 meeting up, what a great atmosphere that could be.

No, South Webster, we’re not discounting you 😘
We can all agree that Trimble and Valley are two great D4 SEO teams and South Webster is also very solid but a small step behind the top two.

After those 3 I do believe there's a decent sized gap in terms of talent.

Webster has a couple good seniors and a freshman phenom who some could argue is their best player already. With his size and length they could truly beat anyone, but if inexperience gets the best of him they could lose to a wide range of teams.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I agree with Coop. It's the bantering and supporting our teams that keep us old farts posting on these sites.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

AnkleBraces wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:05 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:18 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:31 am How I see it as of today...

1a.) Trimble
1b.) Valley
3.) South Webster
4.) Western
5.) Leesburg Fairfield
6.) Federal Hocking
7.) Symmes Valley
8.) Waterford
9.) Paint Valley
10.) Whiteoak
11.) Notre Dame
12.) Peebles

I genuinely believe the only 3 teams capable of WINNING the district are Valley, Trimble, and South Webster (2 of them will win and advance). I just think those 3 have separated themselves from the rest of D4, particularly Trimble and Valley. South Webster has the talent to knock one of them off but it would take a tremendous game.

The Regional is setup this year where the SE District 1 winner will face the SE District 2 winner in the regional semifinals, thus guaranteeing a SEO team in the Regional Final.

The East is better this year than last year and the winning there will most likely be between River, Hiland, Malvern, or possibly Strasburg or Caldwell... RIver/Malvern/Hiland seem to be separating themselves, however.

Out of the Central it looks like Grandview Heights is the favorite yet again as they returned a huge chunk from last years team. East Knox, Tree of Life, and Groveport Christian are possible but Grandview seems to be separating themselves from the pack.
I’m switching Fairfield and Western but both are quite good….and a bit behind SW as you said

Everything else I’m on board with. Whiteoak could possibly be getting Barnett back in a couple weeks but still waiting on some results.
-Trimble gave up 70 to Southern who beat Clay by 13
-I’ve seen Western beat Fairfield easily 3X this off-season/foundation game

Valley is the team to beat but are they deep enough? Played 5 vs Waverly
That game was at Southern so that can account for 10 to 20 points. Also Howie called off the dogs and let his bench play a lot and that's when Southern scored a lot of their points. He could have scored 100 on them and held them under 30 if he wanted to. Unless of course the Southern friendly refs kept Trimble's best 3 or 4 players on the bench with fouls, which is no stranger to Racine. :o

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Western continuing to improve

I know I’ve asked this….but what teams have they lost to? Symmes Valley?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:31 pm Western continuing to improve

New Boston loss is a huge outlier

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:34 pm

New Boston loss is a huge outlier
Yes, if no other hiccups that loss can be pretty much ignored.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Lost in the same week vs NB 42-47 and Symmes Valley 58-60 ...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I wouldn’t say Roberts is our best player lol he will be district POY as a junior and senior though. Webster has only had two games get out of hand this season. One of those they barely shot a over 30%.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Definite shake up going forward with Webster dropping one to Burg.

1.) Trimble
2.) Valley
3.) Western
4.) South Webster
5.) Fairfield Leesburg
6.) Symmes Valley
7.) Federal Hocking
8.) Waterford
9.) Paint Valley
10.) Whiteoak or Notre Dame (Whiteoak when healthy)

I'm not sure seeding will go that way though as Trimble will most likely band together with other TVC teams to not have a Trimble/Waterford sectional final....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:58 am Definite shake up going forward with Webster dropping one to Burg.

1.) Trimble
2.) Valley
3.) Western
4.) South Webster
5.) Fairfield Leesburg
6.) Symmes Valley
7.) Federal Hocking
8.) Waterford
9.) Paint Valley
10.) Whiteoak or Notre Dame (Whiteoak when healthy)

I'm not sure seeding will go that way though as Trimble will most likely band together with other TVC teams to not have a Trimble/Waterford sectional final....
More formidable teams than usual

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Burg has improved and we dropped the game @ burg. I’ll allow it

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SW at Valley tomorrow night.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 58
Burg 51

Dlightle72
Waterboy

Post by Dlightle72 »

I have watched Webster and Western both. I know Western has the loss at New Boston . But from the eye test of a old basketball guy I think Western is the better of the 2. I understand Webster plays some bigger schools in league play but I like the balance of Western. That being said Tremble and Valley are double digits better than any other D4 from here.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

coop wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:38 pm Valley played 7 vs Waverly but only 5 scored.
coop, how long is Levi Stewart out? he's in the boot, so it looks to be long term ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”