D4 Scores and Updates 2022

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: SEO D4 Rankings

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:39 pm
Bronco19 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:34 pm Is Fayetteville in the Southeast district?
No they are southwest but play 8 SE district teams in their league
Last year this same group of boys took State champion Botkins to the wire in their regional game. Fayetteville could go deep in the tournament again. Big,strong,and are now playing 8 to 10 players.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

coop wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:48 pm The other probably don’t have Trimble, Valley and SW waiting on them. 🧐🧐

Honestly, I’m looking forward to seeing your Indians play, let me know when a game is streaming.
https://youtube.com/channel/UC_PqEEp-2N9txzWBcjdyiDA

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

AnkleBraces wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:12 pm Keep doubting the Western Indians.

14 wins by 15 or more points.

To think they would have 9 losses in SOC 2 is laughable. Northwest didn’t score two quarters against them in a scrimmage. PV just beat Unioto who always gets credit for winning SVC. Western beats PV Piketon SE Hunt by 20+ AVERAGE and you disregard those wins.

Western gives up 36 ppg. They could compete with Valley and Minford AND Waverly. Brewster has almost 5 assists to turnover ratio. They’ve hit 100 3s on the season. They have 7 guys that have scored double figures. 3 guys averaging double figures.

Keep doubting.

You doubt them because you only look at athleticism and that’s why you’re wrong on teams like Burg and Portsmouth.

Those boys are dogs. They will win the SOC and the district!
Since you like discussing scrimmages and other things in the past… This is a Western team that made the district semis last year and lost by 40ish to Valley… 40…… let that sink in

Western is better this year, sure….. but so is Valley.

The gap between the SOC 1 and SOC 2 this year is drastic. Western loses somewhere between 8-10 games in the SOC 2 this year.

My honest predictions:

Minford twice
Waverly twice
Valley twice
Webster twice
Northwest split
Wheelersburg split.

That’s 10 losses….. and don’t tell me about a scrimmage or summer league because that means literally nothing.

Tournament time will be more telling.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

This guys dissing Webster for playing East and St. Jude when we literally play in the big boys division and have beat them

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

A lot of talk about schedules and scores and everyone seems to be overlooking Federal Hocking (10-3).

The Lancers played Warren and Williamstown as warm up to start the year. Lost by 2 to D2 Morgan, blew out D3, Alexander by 30 who was in first place in the TVC-Ohio last week. They played D2 Marietta, didn't look great versus D3 Fairland, but the Dragons have a way of doing to that to teams sometimes. They handed Waterford one of its only 3 losses and went into Athens and put up 70 points on the Bulldogs, who have only allowed one other team to score more than 50 on them all year (Vinton County 55). They also had Peebles & New Boston on the schedule, hoping they'd also be schedule boosters, but that didn't turn out as expected in 2021/2022. Still have 2 games left versus Trimble and one versus Waterford.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley will not get as much rest as I thought. They will be playing their 7th game in 14 days as the go in the road to Paint Valley, who has been playing very well of late splitting 2 close games with pfloyds #3 McClain(59-56 loss) and Unioto.

Indians will need to be ready to go!

Sportsfan98
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan98 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:27 am
AnkleBraces wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:12 pm Keep doubting the Western Indians.

14 wins by 15 or more points.

To think they would have 9 losses in SOC 2 is laughable. Northwest didn’t score two quarters against them in a scrimmage. PV just beat Unioto who always gets credit for winning SVC. Western beats PV Piketon SE Hunt by 20+ AVERAGE and you disregard those wins.

Western gives up 36 ppg. They could compete with Valley and Minford AND Waverly. Brewster has almost 5 assists to turnover ratio. They’ve hit 100 3s on the season. They have 7 guys that have scored double figures. 3 guys averaging double figures.

Keep doubting.

You doubt them because you only look at athleticism and that’s why you’re wrong on teams like Burg and Portsmouth.

Those boys are dogs. They will win the SOC and the district!
Since you like discussing scrimmages and other things in the past… This is a Western team that made the district semis last year and lost by 40ish to Valley… 40…… let that sink in

Western is better this year, sure….. but so is Valley.

The gap between the SOC 1 and SOC 2 this year is drastic. Western loses somewhere between 8-10 games in the SOC 2 this year.

My honest predictions:

Minford twice
Waverly twice
Valley twice
Webster twice
Northwest split
Wheelersburg split.

That’s 10 losses….. and don’t tell me about a scrimmage or summer league because that means literally nothing.

Tournament time will be more telling.
Glad somebody finally pointed out that scrimmages, summer league and foundation games means absolutely nothing. I have then at 11 losses splitting with Pwest also

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Portsmouth West would beat the snot out of Western twice.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Doesn’t Western have big D4 enrollment numbers? Why not jump ship and join a real conference and not the Portsmouth Satellite School Conference

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:38 am Doesn’t Western have big D4 enrollment numbers? Why not jump ship and join a real conference and not the Portsmouth Satellite School Conference
I’d bet the enrollment is close to Valley.

JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:37 am Portsmouth West would beat the snot out of Western twice.
Oh you mean like the way West barely beat ND and Western beat ND twice. Once by 15? Like that?
There are a lot of opinions on this thread based on reputation and the past. Watch. The. Games.
These arguments are just guesses. Valley beat SV bad. So they must be much better than Western.
Valley beat Piketon by less than 10. But western beat Piketon by 25 so Western must be better than Valley? Lol.
No, it doesn’t mean that.
I have seen at least 2 people on this thread and maybe another admit that haven’t seen Western play. SMH.
The SOC 2 is so tough this year? The best 3 teams are a DIV 2 school (understandable) and two DIV 4 schools.
Doesn’t that tell you anything?
Yes it’s better than the SOC 1!! That’s the way it’s setup and supposed to be. But most of the teams are down.
I’m not arguing Western would win the SOC 2. I’m arguing against the disrespectful argument that they would lose 8-10 games. It’s just not true. And a lot of people commenting haven’t, and won’t, even take the time to watch them.
I can’t say who or from where, and none of you have any reason to believe me, I understand that, but I know first hand from some D4 coaching staffs that they see this debate much different than a lot of you.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JustAnObserver wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:45 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:37 am Portsmouth West would beat the snot out of Western twice.
Oh you mean like the way West barely beat ND and Western beat ND twice. Once by 15? Like that?
There are a lot of opinions on this thread based on reputation and the past. Watch. The. Games.
These arguments are just guesses. Valley beat SV bad. So they must be much better than Western.
Valley beat Piketon by less than 10. But western beat Piketon by 25 so Western must be better than Valley? Lol.
I have seen at least 2 people on this thread and maybe another admit that haven’t seen Western play. SMH.
The SOC 2 is so tough this year? The best 3 teams are a DIV 2 school (understandable) and two DIV 4 schools.
Yes it’s better than the SOC 1!! That’s the way it’s setup and supposed to be. But most of the teams are down.
I’m not arguing Western would win the SOC 2. I’m arguing against the disrespectful argument that they would lose 8-10 games. It’s just not true. And a lot of people commenting haven’t, and won’t, even take the time to watch them.
I can’t say who or from where, and none of you have any reason to believe me, I understand that, but I know first hand from some D4 coaching staffs that they see this debate much different than a lot of you.
Minford is in 3rd aren’t they?

JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:51 pm
JustAnObserver wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:45 pm
Minford is in 3rd aren’t they?
I believe so yes. I was just referring the discussion that’s been happening all through season in regards to the D4 schools. I wasn’t specifically trying to quote the standings.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Who says I haven’t seen western play?

Sportsfan98
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan98 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:05 pm Who says I haven’t seen western play?
Same here Swanker. I’ve seen western play twice, and in my opinion they still have 8-10 losses in SOC 2.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll say this….the Valley’s, South Webster and Fairfield’s will try to be matched up in the bracket a round earlier to knock each other out. It’s not as easy with a super sectional but the voting will almost be a “can’t wait”…being done online no coach will shy away. I wonder if the next level teams try to get 2 of those 3 in the 4/5 spots, nah I guarantee they do. With Trimble and Western having fewer losses they’ll easily do it. If the TVC Hocking coaches can agree on what they all want they could have a big say, along with the SOC1

1. Trimble
2. Western
3. Fed Hock
4. Valley
5. South Webster
6. Waterford
7. Symmes Valley
8. Fairfield
9. Paint Valley

Something fun like that

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

If Western is so far behind those top 3 teams why would trimble sign up to play webster or valley in the district? You would think they would want their path to have to go through Fairfield or western? I know you are doing a hypothetical but doesn’t make much sense for trimble to get the TVC schools to do that.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Western24 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:39 pm If Western is so far behind those top 3 teams why would trimble sign up to play webster or valley in the district? You would think they would want their path to have to go through Fairfield or western? I know you are doing a hypothetical but doesn’t make much sense for trimble to get the TVC schools to do that.
Trimble will likely be part of the plan (but they may not be 😁)….it’ll be tough to include them UNLESS Howie wants the #2 seed.

I do like the super sectional as it makes it harder for any alliances to work.

Sportsfan98
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan98 »

Symmes Valley (12-2) travels to Western (14-2) next Friday I believe. Will get a better idea after that game I believe. Symmes won the first matchup, if western can win the 2nd one I don’t see anyone else challenging them on the schedule. They will probably end up the 2 or 3 seed in that case.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sportsfan98 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:02 pm Symmes Valley (12-2) travels to Western (14-2) next Friday I believe. Will get a better idea after that game I believe. Symmes won the first matchup, if western can win the 2nd one I don’t see anyone else challenging them on the schedule. They will probably end up the 2 or 3 seed in that case.
Western by 16

Return to “Boys Basketball”