Looks like a good call.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Re: East District Division IV

Post by Gray Cat »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:45 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:00 pm
E High wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:37 am
Caldwell won’t guard anyone. Nice team, but a recipe for disaster in the tournament.
Caldwell from what I saw not as good as advertised. So if they are one of the top teams in the East I hope we get to face the East in the tourney.
I think there’s a pretty good gap between a Caldwell and the top of the district. If I had to guess right now I would say Caldwell doesn’t win a sectional. The 4 sectional winners will probably be Malvern, Hiland, river, Strasburg.
Makes sense. Caldwell not that good.

Bucketz
Waterboy

Post by Bucketz »

Agree with Hiland, Malvern and River, but Shadyside may likely be in that top 4. TCC, Strasburg, Caldwell, Monroe Central are likely in the 5-8 slots ( Monroe Central could surprise).

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

Looking at Caldwell remaining schedule,they don't have a stuff team left on their schedule until the OVAV tournament, only possible two games left that could be a game,is at Barnesville and home to Monroe Central, but I doubt those two games,will give them trouble

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

hhawk wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:51 pm Looking at Caldwell remaining schedule,they don't have a stuff team left on their schedule until the OVAV tournament, only possible two games left that could be a game,is at Barnesville and home to Monroe Central, but I doubt those two games,will give them trouble
I agree Caldwell could run through the rest of their schedule, but even if they go into the tournament 20-2 or 18-4 (If they lose a couple) and still not make it past on if the teams mentioned above. Just my opinion though and obviously why the games are played.

I also think Caldwell’s game tonight could be an interesting one. They play at Fort Frye, and will be the favorite going into the game, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Fort Frye can use some good defense to keep the game close. Caldwell could run away with it, but I wouldn’t be shocked either way.

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

A couple big surprises in the IVC crossover games tonight,one win Claymont upsets Strasburg 58-55,and the big upset tonight Sandy Valley beats undefeated Malvern 68-65

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Bucketz wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:41 am Agree with Hiland, Malvern and River, but Shadyside may likely be in that top 4. TCC, Strasburg, Caldwell, Monroe Central are likely in the 5-8 slots ( Monroe Central could surprise).
Agree with your top 3, Don’t agree with Shadyside. They’ve played a lot of close games and lost at Monroe. I believe Caldwell won by close to 20 at Monroe. Caldwell was up 30 after three at Fort last night. Appear to be figuring it out. The two freshmen and the new kid seem to be finding themselves. They do need to defend much better for sure. There are 8 capable teams in the district. It won’t be easy for anyone. Malvern is the favorite IMO!

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

East District D4 Records as of January 9
11-1. River
9-1. Hiland
9-1. Malvern
8-2. Caldwell
8-3. Strasburg
7-3. Monroe Central
7-3. Shadyside
5-4. Frontier
5-6. Bishop Rosecrans
5-6. Tusky Catholic
5-7. Toronto
4-9. Conotton Valley
2-9. Beallsville
1-9. Shenandoah
1-11 Steubenville Catholic

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Strasburg struggling. Don’t know what’s going on their. Been a 1-2 man team lately.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

Malvern at River tomorrow. Likely determines the 2 and 3 seed

Bucketz
Waterboy

Post by Bucketz »

Or maybe the #1 seed?

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

Bucketz wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:09 am Or maybe the #1 seed?
With Hiland losing last night it’s possible.

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

I just knew there foul shooting woes,was going to bite us in the butt and it cost them in last night's game, you can't shoot 8 for 17 and expect to win games, while IV was 16 for 19, everything else was pretty even,rebounds and TO's,was 7each a well played game,we didn't respond well after a big win over West Holmes,on Tuesday

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

River 55-50

This game wasn’t beautiful, but River makes it that way.

Lots of silly mistakes by Malvern cost them.

Interesting argument for the 1/2 seeds now.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

PVCGuru wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:04 pm River 55-50

This game wasn’t beautiful, but River makes it that way.

Lots of silly mistakes by Malvern cost them.

Interesting argument for the 1/2 seeds now.
I think River has to be the one seed, correct? 15-1 and the win over Malvern. They play Monroe Tuesday, survived them at the buzzer the last time. Malvern has lost 3 of 4 if I’m not mistaken. They’ll regroup, to talented and well coached not to. I think it will be River, Hiland, Malvern, Caldwell in the top four with Tusky Catholic, Strasburg, Monroe and Shadyside in some order to follow. The top 8 are very good, the bottom half not so much!

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

I wouldn't want to play Monroe and if I'm not mistaken they lost @ River earlier at the buzzer. Seminoles might not be one of the top 4 seeds.
Haven't seen Caldwell play, but heard Lori is POY in district. Still hard not to think Hiland will be around at the end.
That River/Monroe game on Tuesday will pack the gym.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

My guess today is

1. River
2. Hiland
3. Malvern (beat Caldwell by 20)
4. Caldwell
5-7. Shadyside, MC and Strasburg depending on how they finish. Monroe has River and Caldwell next two games this week. Two losses definitely puts them behind Shadyside who they split with. Strasburg struggling of late.
8. TCC based on being 9-9

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

Strasburg best three point shooter is out, with leg injury,there saying he could be back for tournaments,if not sooner

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

PVCGuru wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:20 pm My guess today is

1. River
2. Hiland
3. Malvern (beat Caldwell by 20)
4. Caldwell
5-7. Shadyside, MC and Strasburg depending on how they finish. Monroe has River and Caldwell next two games this week. Two losses definitely puts them behind Shadyside who they split with. Strasburg struggling of late.
8. TCC based on being 9-9
Malvern is obviously affected by the two transfers not being available now. When they played Caldwell one of them #10 had close to 20 points and was named player of the game. They still have several really good players but it doesn’t seem they’re quite the same team they were a month ago. I still think the top 8 are capable of beating anyone in the district. The guard from TCC is supposed to be really good and Shadyside has as much talent as anyone.

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

East District D4 Records as of January 31

15-1. River
13-2. Caldwell
13-3. Hiland
13-3. Malvern
14-4. Monroe Central
11-5. Shadyside
10-5. Strasburg