Post by Ironman92 »

Happy Holidays

Finals rankings of yet another year.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio-Week#4

Post by smurray »

Looks good
SOC 2 with 4 in the top 10 and 2 in the top 3, not bad.

Hoping the top ranked Tigers have a good showing against a very good D1 Upper Arlington squad Thursday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:17 pm Happy Holidays

Finals rankings of yet another year.
Happy Holidays to you and the family I92 ... noted are your "gotta have's" ... we'll know more when South Point plays Huntington WVa on the 29th this week ... the Highlanders beat Fairland by 2 - I watched that one on livestream ... never a whole lot of information that comes out of South Point ... just have to read the boxscore I suppose ... would be nice to have a livestream Wednesday for this one ...

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

This is what’s incredible when looking at the top 25 by conference:
5 of those schools are in the SOC2, including 4 in the top 10;
4 of those schools are in the FAC;
3 of those schools are in the OVC.

That’s essentially half of the top 25 schools in the area are within 3 conferences. Tells you how strong those conference’s are this year.

SOC2 will be very interesting down the stretch.
FAC will be a dog fight every game.
OVC Champs might end up being South Point, if they can continue the way that they’re playing.

Western Pike is really solid this year. Wouldn’t surprise me if they won a a conference championship and/or a District Championship. They like spreading you out on defense and making you play their game.

Paint Valley and Fairfield-Leesburg are better than their records. I know that Fairfield is 6-4 but they’ve played a great schedule so far. Their 4 losses are against teams with a combined 33-7 record.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

D4 district championship will be a dogfight

Other teams better hope Valley and Trimble get slated against each other to make a better path. Trimble likely won’t lose very many and certainly a top 2 seed….Valley however plays a gauntlet that every D4 team would lose several several games.

Western will be a very high seed as they won’t lose many on their schedule either.

South Webster and Fairfield are super dangerous and with easy schedules would be a 20-2 or 18-4 type team

D4 will be fun

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Looks pretty good except Waterford that many spots over Fed. I just did that game and Fed Hock not only beat them, I think they would win that match-up 7 out of 10 times.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Pfloyd, having seen Valley and Trimble in person… can you elaborate to us that haven’t seen both as to why Trimble is 2 and Valley 3.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I can’t see Trimble playing the sort of schedule that Valley has. I remember last year New Boston making a final four run and having a great squad. Minford (4th in soc2) went to Glenwood and scored 90+ in a win over the tigers. Just seems like for Valley to be winning that league they would be head and shoulders above normal d4 teams from the area.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

We finish up our easy Christmas break with the twin towers of Gallia Academy on Thursday at Waverly. Got beat by #4 McClain, beat #13 Hillsboro.

That will be our first neutral site regular season games since Coach Hoops’ first game at Unioto, 334 games ago.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Valley hasn’t played Waverly yet and Valley *narrowly* escaped Webster with a dub and think they beat minford by 10. I think at some point in the season they’ll end up with 2-4 conference losses (Waverly 2x, Minford possibly, Webster possibly, maybe Burg burgs em). On a neutral floor though and it pains me to say it, give me the Stompin Cats by 5

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

The Peake finishes the year wed and thur in a holiday showcase in Toronto, Ohio
Wednesday vs Toronto
Thursday vs Weirton Madonna.
Start the meat of OVC on the 4th vs Fairland.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

GoAt 10 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:21 pm Pfloyd, having seen Valley and Trimble in person… can you elaborate to us that haven’t seen both as to why Trimble is 2 and Valley 3.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I can’t see Trimble playing the sort of schedule that Valley has. I remember last year New Boston making a final four run and having a great squad. Minford (4th in soc2) went to Glenwood and scored 90+ in a win over the tigers. Just seems like for Valley to be winning that league they would be head and shoulders above normal d4 teams from the area.
... 2 & 3 ranking has them very close ! not only in the ranking but on paper, in the style of play on the court as well !!! I posted previously that they both play "Howie Ball" - 94ft/32 minutes of pressure ... if you're looking for an edge - might be able to give it to Valley with their length - as we all know that when you have a big with length who can be that guy who is part of a double team/trap it makes it difficult pass the ball, makes transition buckets a key part of the "offense" - Valley has that ... Trimble doesn't have the 6-4 length of a Stuart but they do have the 6-1 "man on the court" in Blake Guffey he was a man last season, he is a beast this season ... BOTH teams have their own version of a big - Stuart/Guffey ... both teams can score the ball inside and outside ... Trimble's Austin Wisor/Tyler Weber are the main perimeter scorers for the Tomcats ... Stuart/Jace Copley/George Arnett for the Indians ... BOTH teams get consistent double digit scoring from 3-4 players each night ... both teams are undefeated ... neither team turns the ball over ... Valley is probably deeper off the bench but usually only goes 6 players while Trimble is the same NOW but as January rolls in they will return another "man" in the paint in Bryce Downs - a starter from last years TEAM who adds to the rebounding strength advantage that I believe Trimble has over it's opponents - even if they played the Valley schedule ... both teams' starters CAN PLAY 32 minutes applying the pressure they do ... the role players are outstanding on both sides Colt Buckle/Carter Nickel for Valley ... THS with Tucker Dixon/ William Freeborn with Cole Wright (soph) forced into a starting role that will only make the Tomcats better when Downs returns ... I give the coaching variable to Trimble - Howie Caldwell is a HOF coach/teacher of the game ... one of the best in SEO and the state of Ohio no matter the division ... Coach Tackett gets kudos for what he has done so far this season for sure! starting with the "night/day" change from a half court team last season vs this years version of taking advantage of the athletes he has to play "94 ft/32 minutes of pressure" ... If someone ranked Valley over Trimble - would they be wrong? probably not - depends on the criteria they prioritize I suppose ... as far as pfloyd ranking Valley over Trimble - at this time? Trimble has the same players as last season , Trimble has Howie courtside ... Howie & Trimble have earned my #2 ranking until THEY lose on the court ... does Valley play a stronger schedule? yep - Waverly/Minford/South Webster/Wheelersburg IN LEAGUE play alone (back to back wins over SW/Minford ... Valley is ranked above those teams )... Valley has worked their way up from their preseason #20 ranking ... there were question marks due to Perkins leaving/Norm not returning - the Indians- I'm glad I got to get "eyes on" the Indians from the cheap seats last week! gives me a chance to compare them to what I've seen from ALL of the teams I've had eye's on so far this season ... #2 & #3 rankings are very close ! Valley has the opportunity to move into #1 ON THE COURT as they play current #1 Waverly on January 11 @ Valley THAT SHOULD BE A DANDY !!! ...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley fans are happy right where they are….this team has come a long way, and with just 1 Senior on the roster they look to be good for awhile.

I think they’ll split with Waverly, and I don’t see Webster beating them at home.

The game over in Muletown will be tough…

You may see them finish with 1 loss, you may see them finish with 3 or 4 losses.

They’ll be one VERY tough out in the D4 tourney, for Trimble, or anyone else.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Miller 71
Crooksville 49

Miller has to move up into the lower-mid 60’s

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

Tomcats beat NY by 40

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 56
Teays Valley 54 a final

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Washington Court is now playing Jonathon Alder at 6:00pm in the Waverly SOCS Wireless Classic.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Waverly SOCS Wireless Classic 12/30/21

Downtown Arena Waverly
5 Games
1 ticket good for all 5 games

12/30/2021Home: Piketon High School
12:00 PM Away: Minford High School
12/30/2021Home: Logan Elm High School
2:00 PM Away: Bishop Ready High School