Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio-Week#4

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio-Week#4

Post by pfloyd »

coop wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:21 am Valley 57
Piketon 50

Valley was missing Colt Buckle tonight.
Watched the livestream last night ... the Indians struggled "some" in the half court offense ... Levi Stewart didn't do a bad job - always good to have a 6-7 big to fall back on if you HAVE TO play half court offensively LOL ... he did a good job on the boards , got a couple of buckets ... when Valley turned up the defensive pressure with the trap in the 2nd half you could see their eyes get bigger LOL - like blood in the water as they pulled out to the 11-13 point lead ... they play the half court game "okay" if they have to play they will/can but when they can turn the D up to in turn increase the game tempo - they will take advantage of every forced mistake by the opposition - fun to watch ... Copley, Stuart, Arnett were on everyone's Christmas "wish they had " list ... I'm comfortable with where they are ranked - they can play with anyone Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... Waverly @ Valley January 11th - THE GAME of the YEAR so far - might be the toughest ticket to get in SEO ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:16 pm
Piketon 50

Watched the livestream last night ... the Indians struggled "some" in the half court offense ... Levi Stewart didn't do a bad job - always good to have a 6-7 big to fall back on if you HAVE TO play half court offensively LOL ... he did a good job on the boards , got a couple of buckets ... when Valley turned up the defensive pressure with the trap in the 2nd half you could see their eyes get bigger LOL - like blood in the water as they pulled out to the 11-13 point lead ... they play the half court game "okay" if they have to play the will/can but when the can turn the D up to in turn increase the game tempo - they will take advantage of every forced mistake by the opposition - fun to watch ... Copley, Stuart, Arnett were on everyone's Christmas "wish they had " list ... I'm comfortable with where they are ranked - they can play with anyone Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... Waverly @ Valley January 11th - THE GAME of the YEAR so far - might be the toughest ticket to get in SEO ...

For sure, and Buckle hustles and gets you 6-10 a night so with him out, and what you said above…not too bad. Piketon also played Waverly tough in a 2 point loss earlier in the year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

coop wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:27 pm
Piketon 50

Watched the livestream last night ... the Indians struggled "some" in the half court offense ... Levi Stewart didn't do a bad job - always good to have a 6-7 big to fall back on if you HAVE TO play half court offensively LOL ... he did a good job on the boards , got a couple of buckets ... when Valley turned up the defensive pressure with the trap in the 2nd half you could see their eyes get bigger LOL - like blood in the water as they pulled out to the 11-13 point lead ... they play the half court game "okay" if they have to play the will/can but when the can turn the D up to in turn increase the game tempo - they will take advantage of every forced mistake by the opposition - fun to watch ... Copley, Stuart, Arnett were on everyone's Christmas "wish they had " list ... I'm comfortable with where they are ranked - they can play with anyone Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... Waverly @ Valley January 11th - THE GAME of the YEAR so far - might be the toughest ticket to get in SEO ...

For sure, and Buckle hustles and gets you 6-10 a night so with him out, and what you said above…not too bad. Piketon also played Waverly tough in a 2 point loss earlier in the year.
Not to be a downer, but Waverly beat Piketon by about 40 in their foundation game

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:01 pm

Not to be a downer, but Waverly beat Piketon by about 40 in their foundation game

Oh wow, I saw a score of a game played on 11/27 of a 69-67….huge mis print it appears lol.

Not a downer at all, they have common opponents in Minford, SW, etc and scores are all over the map for those games.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point 60 Huntington 50. Pointers led the entire game. Freshmen and JV Pointers win as well.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

coop wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:07 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:01 pm

Oh wow, I saw a score of a game played on 11/27 of a 69-67….huge mis print it appears lol.

Not a downer at all, they have common opponents in Minford, SW, etc and scores are all over the map for those games.
Valley is a good team, but as was alluded here a downfall is that their offense is predicated off of defensive turnovers. They struggle in the half court. They also have very little depth. The 2 games I’ve seen them the referees really let them play. If they play a game where the refs call all those reaches or the other team is good enough at ball handling to make it a half court game, they could be in severe trouble.
Also another factor is the second time through the league teams are gonna be better against their press.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Where you heading Thur, Floyd?

Meigs vs Trimble may be a good one.
Have you seen the Marauders yet? Good opportunity tonight.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Meigs does have good fried food

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I might have to pull up on that one

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:47 am Where you heading Thur, Floyd?

Trimble 66
Meigs 51 a final

... looks like Coach Caldwell didn't need me LOL ... a good win on the road vs a good Meigs team ... I went to the 5 games at Waverly today (Thursday) - great day of hoops ...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:08 am

Trimble 66
Meigs 51 a final

... looks like Coach Caldwell didn't need me LOL ... a good win on the road vs a good Meigs team ... I went to the 5 games at Waverly today (Thursday) - great day of hoops ...
Good to see that once again you are watching basketball all day.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:27 am

Trimble 66
Meigs 51 a final

My Christmas Break from my Day job has been a whirlwind tour of SEO basketball - it's been great ... 6 games in one day at the Alexander Alley Classic, 5 games at Ironton's Classic and today at Waverly for the SOCS Wireless Classic for 5 games ... throw in single games before Christmas, 8 livestream games - IT FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK INTO HOOPS AGAIN LOL ... 2 more games and I'll have filled my 1st Napkin Stat book in the 2021-22 season ... I want to try to get to the Dave Young Classic at North Adams in January - the weather and then Covid last season has kept me away but hoping to touch bases with the coaches and teams West of Rt 23 - give them the pfloyd eyes on from the Cheap Seats test ... some quality players, teams and Coaches in the SHAC that need recognized ... I have the Valley vs Waverly game penciled in for Jan 11th - that one will be a good one ... I'm excited about the hoops in the New Year ...

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

It's tough to reload consistently in the area. I don't consider transfers as reloading. Schools have fewer and fewer athletes to choose from, due to a decline in population. When our star football player(athlete) ends the season with major injuries it usually hurts all sports, as far as competitiveness. There are exceptions of course. Just enjoy thw ride when the opportunities present and support our teams regardless of the won/loss record. These kids work equally hard and deserve our support in both good and bad times. I enjoy the competitive nature of our region even though we rarely make it to the big dance.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble without Bruce Downs, the game may have been closer. The Tomcats with Bryce? I don't see anyone on the schedule who can beat them. He just adds another dynamic to an already very good basketball team. After seeing Meigs, however, I'd say they have a very good chance of winning the Ohio. Talent, size & depth are all there, more so than any Ohio team I have watched this year. I just get confused as to what each players roll is, if they get that figured out, they will be tough to beat.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:46 am
LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:27 am

Trimble 66
Meigs 51 a final

My Christmas Break from my Day job has been a whirlwind tour of SEO basketball - it's been great ... 6 games in one day at the Alexander Alley Classic, 5 games at Ironton's Classic and today at Waverly for the SOCS Wireless Classic for 5 games ... throw in single games before Christmas, 8 livestream games - IT FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK INTO HOOPS AGAIN LOL ... 2 more games and I'll have filled my 1st Napkin Stat book in the 2021-22 season ... I want to try to get to the Dave Young Classic at North Adams in January - the weather and then Covid last season has kept me away but hoping to touch bases with the coaches and teams West of Rt 23 - give them the pfloyd eyes on from the Cheap Seats test ... some quality players, teams and Coaches in the SHAC that need recognized ... I have the Valley vs Waverly game penciled in for Jan 11th - that one will be a good one ... I'm excited about the hoops in the New Year ...
Do you get a tax break with all the milage you put in :D

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Cypress
Waterboy

Post by Cypress »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:15 am Trimble without Bruce Downs, the game may have been closer. The Tomcats with Bryce? I don't see anyone on the schedule who can beat them. He just adds another dynamic to an already very good basketball team. After seeing Meigs, however, I'd say they have a very good chance of winning the Ohio. Talent, size & depth are all there, more so than any Ohio team I have watched this year. I just get confused as to what each players roll is, if they get that figured out, they will be tough to beat.
Good assessment of Meigs. They have a deep and good mix of players, however each of their players are really different and unique in their style of play and what they can offer the team. If the staff could figure out how to use each player to their individual strengths to help complement Cleland, they could be a really nice team.
Actually Meigs looked their best when they were wholesale subbing, but they went away from that the past 2 games.
Trimble is beatable ONLY if they get a tight calling ref that gets them into foul trouble. If the refs let them play like they did at Meigs, nobody will beat them.
They have the strength, aggressiveness, experience and senior leadership with every player on the floor.
Howie is the best coach around and I've always respected him. I was somewhat surprised and actually disappointed though to see Howie turning around and engaging in arguments with fans in the stands during the middle of game. Emotions were high, but this happened several different times. The Trimble player f-bombing the ref and fans on his way back to the bench should be getting several sprints to run today. The game was intense but there were lots of things I wasn't expecting from a disciplined Howie coached team.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

When you get deep in the tournament, games get more & more physical. I dont think some of the East district or Central district refs ever blew their whistle during a post season game last year. Lol

Trimble is gearing up for what they hope is a run to the regionals and they know what its like at that level and are preparing accordingly. As far as the antics last night, the Cats usually are pretty disciplined, but they are also rough around the edges - and quite honestly, they need to be that way. They dont have 6'4, 6'5 and 6'6 guys roaming the paint like maybe a Harvest Prep or other big programs, their m.o. is their toughness and this group certainly has that "Tomcat chip" on their shoulder when they compete.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Working on the Pfloyd Tour travel itinerary for the first couple of weeks in the 2022 portion of the season ... MANY of the ""quality" games are over an hour and a half one way from Logan! going to make it tough to make some of the Tuesday games on the River, or West of Rte 23 during the week ... weekends are fair game LOL ... we'll see !!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

You need...."PFloyd 1"

An aircraft fueled and ready for those looong trips...lol

Aircraft painted in purple of course...with P FLOYD 1 in gold...Maybe @mattash could work on getting that started....lol x2

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:58 pm You need...."PFloyd 1"

An aircraft fueled and ready for those looong trips...lol

Aircraft painted in purple of course...with P FLOYD 1 in gold...Maybe @mattash could work on getting that started....lol x2
... I'm with you on ALL of the ABOVE OHHS old timer !!! LOL ... not that anything you or I come up with means much LOL ... a lot of drive time - P FLOYD 1 ... purple - perfect LOL

Return to “Boys Basketball”