Tuesday 12-28 games.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Tuesday 12-28 games.

Post by pfloyd »

socfan wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:29 am
pfloyd wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:51 pm Did Portsmouth Notre Dame play Rock Hill tonight?
Notre Dame 58 Rock Hill 55
Thanks socfan ! ... RH must have played a good game ! ...

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

8Kobe24 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:34 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:40 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:23 pm 67-26 Final jeeps
Made the short drive over from Vincent to Belpre but my time at the game may have been shorter after I left at the half :lol: . The whole team shot lights out for SW tonight in the first half and Eli Roberts was as advertised and that #2 is a nice ball player. I saw a guy from SW live streaming the game, do you have the the link swanker? Wouldn't mind seeing that off the backboard 2 minutes in to the game dunk again.
Here is a link to the 1st half of Webster vs Belpre...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0eb333bz0auvr ... 4.mp4?dl=0
Thanks!

Go Blue
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

That is a huge win for Portsmouth! Hopefully they can become more consistent with their play. Southern Ohio basketball is better when Portsmouth is good. They are the most recognized name in southern Ohio basketball so when they are good it brings recognization to southern Ohio. Obviously they have the talent to be a very good team but they need to be more consistent. I’m not sure what is going on at Wheelersburg. I have a lot of co-workers from Burg so I hear a lot of talk but I’m not interested in discussing those things here.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:55 pm That is a huge win for Portsmouth! Hopefully they can become more consistent with their play. Southern Ohio basketball is better when Portsmouth is good. They are the most recognized name in southern Ohio basketball so when they are good it brings recognization to southern Ohio. Obviously they have the talent to be a very good team but they need to be more consistent. I’m not sure what is going on at Wheelersburg. I have a lot of co-workers from Burg so I hear a lot of talk but I’m not interested in discussing those things here.
If Josh Clark didn't play or got hurt during the game and was not able to return , THAT would be or would have been a huge blow to the Burg offensive attack ... hopefully he is able to get back into the lineup sooner than later ...

truetrojan1961
Waterboy

Post by truetrojan1961 »

I am asuming if this clark kid played burg wins by 35 ?

hate when grown men can give kids credit for winning but sure pile on with why they are losing, im sure Portsmouth is going to take this win even if burgs band members played,im assuming Portsmouth has all their regulars

by the way even with clark this isnt close to an average burg team but the kids thats out there are PLAYING HARD

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

It’s been a very frustrating season thus far for the Trojans. Last time I posted I questioned the coaches for not making any changes, that was when Minford handled the Trojans. Seems like the coaching staff may have laid into the boys. Made some changes and got a positive response. Burg is a solid team. So this is a good win for the Trojans, one they for sure needed. The defense was much better than it has been. Need to build on this win. Would this game have been different with Clark for Burg? Sure it may have, but when speculating we can say it would have been different with Roe & Johnson for Portsmouth…much of the season could be different with those kids. Nice win, time to get ready for Rock Hill on Thursday maybe?

Who Dey!
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

A win the Trojan faithful will paint a mural about. Beating burg when they weren’t great to begin with and without their main ball handler 😂

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:06 pm A win the Trojan faithful will paint a mural about. Beating burg when they weren’t great to begin with and without their main ball handler 😂
Imagine being such a loser you’re more obsessed with another school than the one you claim to root for. Guy can’t stay away from Portsmouth basketball. Must not be a whole lot to do out in Souf Websta. You must be out of your chewing tobacco and have all your crops burnt for the winter, because you obviously have nothing better to do than be a troll.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:18 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:06 pm A win the Trojan faithful will paint a mural about. Beating burg when they weren’t great to begin with and without their main ball handler 😂
Imagine being such a loser you’re more obsessed with another school than the one you claim to root for. Guy can’t stay away from Portsmouth basketball. Must not be a whole lot to do out in Souf Websta. You must be out of your chewing tobacco and have all your crops burnt for the winter, because you obviously have nothing better to do than be a troll.
That’s the spirit 😁😁😁😁

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Chill out guy. Swanker is actually a closet Trojan fan. Lol

Who Dey!
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

PTrojan59 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:36 pm
Chill out guy. Swanker is actually a closet Trojan fan. Lol
I’d pull for Trimble/Fed before I’d pull for PTOOOOOWWWNNN

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

Trojans are actually on their 4th point guard

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Clark definitely would have made a difference last night. But in saying that, Portsmouth played tenacious defense and challenged most shots taken by Burg players. The Trojans played a complete game and were the better team last night. Congratulations on the victory and good luck on the rest of the season.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Both Portsmouth and Burg have a lot to work on before claiming to be a threat. Full strength or not. Also, for the life of me, I don’t know why coaches don’t try to work zone defenses in when needed. There was a glaring obvious problem with burgs guards keeping Portsmouth guards in front of them. A lot of points given up by burg on straight line drives.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:07 pm Clark definitely would have made a difference last night. But in saying that, Portsmouth played tenacious defense and challenged most shots taken by Burg players. The Trojans played a complete game and were the better team last night. Congratulations on the victory and good luck on the rest of the season.
Is Clark out long term?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:20 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:07 pm Clark definitely would have made a difference last night. But in saying that, Portsmouth played tenacious defense and challenged most shots taken by Burg players. The Trojans played a complete game and were the better team last night. Congratulations on the victory and good luck on the rest of the season.
Is Clark out long term?
Not sure of his injury. He did have a slight limp while not dressing for the game. Hopefully he’ll be back in action Tuesday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:24 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:20 pm
Is Clark out long term?
Not sure of his injury. He did have a slight limp while not dressing for the game. Hopefully he’ll be back in action Tuesday.
Thanks Proud_Pirate63 - hope it was only for the one game ... he gets better each game he plays at both ends of the floor ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Curious if Clark played against portsmouth west, not sure how long he's been out .

Hopefully Burg does get him back

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

biggdowgg wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:38 pm Curious if Clark played against portsmouth west, not sure how long he's been out .

Hopefully Burg does get him back
Yes, he played in the West game. Dixon for West was on absolute fire that night. I believe Clark was injured during the Rocky River game up at the Bishop Hartley Hoopfest.

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:19 pm Both Portsmouth and Burg have a lot to work on before claiming to be a threat. Full strength or not. Also, for the life of me, I don’t know why coaches don’t try to work zone defenses in when needed. There was a glaring obvious problem with burgs guards keeping Portsmouth guards in front of them. A lot of points given up by burg on straight line drives.
What game were you watching? From what I could tell the Burg played almost all zone during the 2nd half. Both of these teams are missing 2-3 starters each from what they projected to have back during the summer. That drastically changes the scope and ceiling of your season for anyone, including the two most storied basketball programs in Scioto County.

Return to “Boys Basketball”