Trimble @ Meigs 12/30/21

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Trimble @ Meigs 12/30/21

Post by 93Bulldog »

After reading about Peake/Fairland, that Trimble @ Chesapeake game Sat could be interesting.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Re: Trimble @ Meigs 12/30/21

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:23 pm
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:20 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:05 pm All I know from what I could see is that Howsie had them refs skeert. That stomp he uses made them guys jump and pretty soon he was getting every call. Plus he threw down one heck of a stare whenever he disagreed with a call and you didn’t see that call get made again.
Howdy does have a way of controlling the refs that do the games in this area. That does come back to bite him though when he expects from other refs and they put him in his place. But the ones who do TVC games have always been afraid of him for. some reason. Might not work for him as they progress through the tourney, or when they play at Waterford. His players will have to adjust to him not getting all the calls or they all foul out if they play like they did against Meigs. I was also surprised at some of the Trimble players challenging the refs. Not use to seeing that from Howdy's players. Won't be surprised to see one of them get a technical in the future if that continues. But there was no way those three zebras were going to call anything like that on one of Howdy's boys. Too scared.
The crew was from Portsmouth and I can promise you they have been doing games for many, many years and are not intimated by any coach.
I don't think you can ever "promise" that unless you are one of them. Yeah sure they say they are not intimidated but my bet is they are. From what I've seen the veteran crews are the ones that cave in to him the most. They new crews don't know him and don't seem to care. But we all have our opinions and it's good that we can express them on here.

Return to “Boys Basketball”