Happy New Year!!

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Happy New Year!!

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Happy New Year from this ole referee! I want all of you on here to remember these games can’t be played without those of us wearing the stripes. We are out there almost every night from the end of November to February. Some of us lucky ones extended to middle of March— tournament advancement. We spend many, many hours away from our families so these games can happen. We leave our homes around 5 PM and don’t return until 10:30-11:00 PM on most nights, making a big $70 a game. We are there to manage a game, let the players dictate the winner and allow all to enjoy this game that goes by so fast. All of you need to try and treat us officials a little better and lay off the younger ones a little more. Remember we all need those younger officials to carry on this amazing game of basketball. Lets make 2022 a better year all the way around!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Happy New Year!!

Post by Ironman92 »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:49 pm Happy New Year from this ole referee! I want all of you on here to remember these games can’t be played without those of us wearing the stripes. We are out there almost every night from the end of November to February. Some of us lucky ones extended to middle of March— tournament advancement. We spend many, many hours away from our families so these games can happen. We leave our homes around 5 PM and don’t return until 10:30-11:00 PM on most nights, making a big $70 a game. We are there to manage a game, let the players dictate the winner and allow all to enjoy this game that goes by so fast. All of you need to try and treat us officials a little better and lay off the younger ones a little more. Remember we all need those younger officials to carry on this amazing game of basketball. Lets make 2022 a better year all the way around!
In my recaps I almost always mention the refs doing a good job. I almost prefer the younger ones….they really just seem to enjoy the game. Officiating has been good the past couple seasons.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Happy New Year.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Ironman92,I know you do and we all appreciate it!

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:49 pm Happy New Year from this ole referee! I want all of you on here to remember these games can’t be played without those of us wearing the stripes. We are out there almost every night from the end of November to February. Some of us lucky ones extended to middle of March— tournament advancement. We spend many, many hours away from our families so these games can happen. We leave our homes around 5 PM and don’t return until 10:30-11:00 PM on most nights, making a big $70 a game. We are there to manage a game, let the players dictate the winner and allow all to enjoy this game that goes by so fast. All of you need to try and treat us officials a little better and lay off the younger ones a little more. Remember we all need those younger officials to carry on this amazing game of basketball. Lets make 2022 a better year all the way around!
About $35 an hour, seems pretty fair to me!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Happy New Year ! ... I truly can't think of a game - and I've seen a bunch of them through the first 5 weeks - that I would say the officiating crew "took over" the game ... now I make a point of going to see the "good games" and good games with quality opponents seem to always have the best of the best officiating those games ... clevelandbrowns#1 - I see you and your crew a lot ! which again says a lot about you and your fellow officials ... as I told you the other day in Waverly SEO has many many outstanding coaches, I can go one better and say without hesitation we ALSO have some of the best in stripes as well ... keep up the great job my friend ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Pfloyd,
Thank you my friend!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”