Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 6

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 6

Post by pfloyd »

FACSPORTS wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:41 am
pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:42 pm
FACSPORTS wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:26 am

4 FAC teams in the top 20, will be 5 teams in the top 20 soon with Chillicothe getting Galloway back. Great conference this year, championship is truly up in the air! Pfloyd another big matchup to add to your list for this week is WCH @ McClain on Friday. Thats a BIG one!
FACSPORTS! absolutely Courthouse @ McClain IS BIG !!! I even had it color coded, circled on my big board ! just didn't type it on my post ... both teams at full strength again - a GREAT GAME in the FAC & SEO for that matter ... as I92 pointed out - the standings would look different had Tanner LeMaster not hurt his back in the last game they matched up in ... just as WCH doesn't lose 2 more games with LeMaster sidelined ... I DIDN'T drop CH off the face of the planet when they had their 3 games skid - ALL due to injuries, not having the big man in the middle or Wall in the lineup ... thanks for bringing this one up ! - Great Matchup !!! Friday night !!!

How about those Panthers of MT?! Currently on a 4 game win streak, improving to 5-9 after an 0-7 start to the season. You said earlier in the season not to count them out and you may have been onto something! Coach Ackley has them playing solid basketball as of late and it seems like confidence is growing as they gain experience. Might be a team you don't want to face come late February.
I keep watching their game results and smile LOL ... I liked their lineup, with the right combinations of size, length, pg play ... the only down side was their youth imo - starting 3 sophs - perimeter scoring ... youngsters coming off the bench ... I see them as Elite 8 material next season ... they are half way through the season of growing , figuring out their roles, perfecting what each one brings to TEAM - I liked them right from the start - I saw their potential (at what I like in a bb team) and I like Coach Ackley! he is doing it right! ... I'm with you, they are going to have a record that will have them as a low seed playing a high seed ... not a team I want to play to start the one and done season ... I like them! no matter what the record is ... the 4 game win streak - making me look good LOL ... Hayden Hunter, Eli Fliehman, Garrett Guess, Austin Boedeker, and Andrew Guthrie - I like these guys ...

McClainTigerfan
Waterboy

Post by McClainTigerfan »

Greenfield beats WCH tonight … 61-53!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Odd night in the TVC

some ppd on the schedule

here you go, Floyd

Friday boys basketball scores 1/14

Alexander 39
Athens 48

Wellston
Vinton - ppd

River Valley
NY - ppd

Fed Hock
Trimble - ppd

Waterford 59
Frontier 48

Belpre 47
South Gallia 58

Eastern 54
Southern 40

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... time for pfloyd1 to roll ... North Adams High School ...Coach Young Classic ... 2 hrs and 5 minutes each way ... 6 games ... South Point, Chesapeake, North Adams , Peebles , Eastern Brown, Western Pike , West Union et al ... great teams, great coaches ... let's roll !!! Twizzlers, napkin stat sheets, 2 pencils , $$$ - check on all fronts ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:18 am Odd night in the TVC

some ppd on the schedule

here you go, Floyd

Friday boys basketball scores 1/14

Alexander 39
Athens 48

Wellston
Vinton - ppd

River Valley
NY - ppd

Fed Hock
Trimble - ppd

Waterford 59
Frontier 48

Belpre 47
South Gallia 58

Eastern 54
Southern 40
... Athens does what no one has been able to do - kept Kyler D'Augustino's napkin stat line "in the house" to knock the Spartans out of 1st place in the TVC ( Valentine cards to come from VC and Meigs I'm thinking LOL) ... Rdsville Eastern gets off the snide and gets their first W of the season - won't get them off of the End Table but it's definitely a good feeling to get that first win of the season ... thanks 93dog

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... my plate is full on this Sunday - Coach Young Classic recap to come yet, the Elite 8 won't be out until around 9pm this evening ... sorry for the delay - didn't get back home from North Adams until 12:30ish last night ( and I'm old) ... I did figure out that pfloyd needs to get to the Westside of Rte 23 more often as "nobody knows who pfloyd is over there !!!" ... ok almost nobody ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”