EAST DISTRICT D2

basketballlover
Waterboy

EAST DISTRICT D2

Post by basketballlover »

19 teams in this bracket.... Some good teams. East Liverpool, New Philly, Tri-Valley, St. C. etc... Does anyone have the updated records as we are less than a month from the tourny draw?

E High
All State

Re: EAST DISTRICT D2

Post by E High »

Don’t sleep on John Glenn , Maysville or Meadowbrook. They could win a couple and be dangerous.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Tri Valley and Meadowbrook probably one/two. Maysville is solid but can't play with Tri Valley inside. The Dawgs had their way in the post
with them Their biggest player is a guard at maybe 6'1. Meadowbrook is probably 8-10 better than Maysville in a neutral playoff setting along with New Phila and St.C are in that next tier.

TV beat the colts at their place but Meadowbrook sat a couple kids the first quarter and it kind of got away from them. I feel like TV may be better but it will be a close one. Jake Singleton All Ohio is the best player in east D2 and plays for Meadowbrook so you have to think he will step up as a senior and be a difficult out. TV has a big inside game and senior guards and are playing a big boy schedule (as is Meadowbrook). Hayden Jarrett is probably the #2 player (Maysville) but is more of a one man show unlike Meadowbrook. He has a heavy penetration game that can get shut down with big post players (Tri Valley).

Other than Meadowbrook and TV the other teams are not as well rounded and have one player you have to stop. Best coaching is at TV, Meadowbrook and St. C.

I didn't review East Liverpool. I haven't watched them. Two good wins against a long athletic Steubenville team and sitting at 11-2 they could be a problem also. The colts also beat Steubenville in a game that wasn't as close as the score. Steubenville can really put it to you physically if you don't have it together. I consider them a gatekeeper team separating the pretenders from the contenders.

My take. Watched all the teams mentioned several times.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Riverrats wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:42 pm Tri Valley and Meadowbrook probably one/two. Maysville is solid but can't play with Tri Valley inside. The Dawgs had their way in the post
with them Their biggest player is a guard at maybe 6'1. Meadowbrook is probably 8-10 better than Maysville in a neutral playoff setting along with New Phila and St.C are in that next tier.

TV beat the colts at their place but Meadowbrook sat a couple kids the first quarter and it kind of got away from them. I feel like TV may be better but it will be a close one. Jake Singleton All Ohio is the best player in east D2 and plays for Meadowbrook so you have to think he will step up as a senior and be a difficult out. TV has a big inside game and senior guards and are playing a big boy schedule (as is Meadowbrook). Hayden Jarrett is probably the #2 player (Maysville) but is more of a one man show unlike Meadowbrook. He has a heavy penetration game that can get shut down with big post players (Tri Valley).

Other than Meadowbrook and TV the other teams are not as well rounded and have one player you have to stop. Best coaching is at TV, Meadowbrook and St. C.

I didn't review East Liverpool. I haven't watched them. Two good wins against a long athletic Steubenville team and sitting at 11-2 they could be a problem also. The colts also beat Steubenville in a game that wasn't as close as the score. Steubenville can really put it to you physically if you don't have it together. I consider them a gatekeeper team separating the pretenders from the contenders.

My take. Watched all the teams mentioned several times.
Great rundown. Only thing I will add is New Philly is definitely a top tier team imo. Might even be my pick to win it if the season ended today. Think the river teams are step below Meadowbrook, TV, and NP though. Haven’t seen Maysville. John Glenn may be a sleeper to pull an upset as well, but the loss to Morgan is a head scratcher.

Going to be a really interesting district tournament, especially with only one team getting to regionals.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Tri-Valley
New Phila
Meadowbrook
East Liverpool
Maysville
John Glenn
Steubenville
St. Clairsville
Indian Valley
River View
Cambridge
Beaver
Indian Creek
West Holmes
Claymont
Carrollton
Philo
Minerva

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

I would be very aware of West Holmes, there getting close to putting it all together now,they play in a mainly,D1,D2 league, after there late start from the football playoff run,I have seen them play they can be real scary team to face, come tournament time,they beat Maysville just this pass Saturday at Maysville,were up 31-17 at the half then let Maysville back in the game

E High
All State

Post by E High »

I agree with Bobcat, except I would have St. C maybe 5th.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

hhawk wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:10 pm I would be very aware of West Holmes, there getting close to putting it all together now,they play in a mainly,D1,D2 league, after there late start from the football playoff run,I have seen them play they can be real scary team to face, come tournament time,they beat Maysville just this pass Saturday at Maysville,were up 31-17 at the half then let Maysville back in the game
WH should be up about 3 spots..I’ll give you that. Morrison can shoot but they need more to go with him. I assume someone has stepped up since they are scoring more now.

basketballlover
Waterboy

Minerva is not the last team.... they beat carrollton by 14 at carrollton. They lost to D1 Alliance last night by 4 on the road, and only battled Steubenville on the road right to the end (2 pt loss I think). Out of 21 they are prob 15 or 16.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Haven't seen New Philadelphia in the regular season. I watched a scrimmage they had with Meadowbrook before the season. New Phila won big but Meadowbrook's only current starter playing was Singleton due to playoff football, so couldn't see anything off of that. New Philadelphia is always tough so definitely could see them in that top three. The only thing I would add is in that next group I see Steubenville, Maysville, St. C then John Glenn. I saw St.C just lost to Barmesville and beat Bellaire but gave up 95 points. Riverview is really up and down along with Coshocton based on matchups. The redskin and bears both beat Maysville. I feel John Glenn is also like this. Meadowbrook, TV, Phila and probably EL are the same from game to game and can adjust playing up or down tempo. I also agree Minerva probably isn't close to the worst. Philo is really down and only won one last year with a D1 center on the team who graduated.

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

Yea BobcatQB,they got alot more then Morrison boy now,the Wells boy is there leading scorer, and now two other starters , that are deadly outside shooters,there not real big , probably 6'2" is there biggest, but they have guys that are real quick and can jump like crazy West Holmes plays Hiland Tuesday at home,this will tell me more about them

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

Yea Riverrats,New Philly gave Dover there only loss, they beat East Liverpool by 15 a few weeks ago,

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Philly is number 1 by a little. 6-7 teams will battle it out for 1 regional spot. Been a while since 5-6-7 teams have a chance to win this district.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Philly and TV seem to be the most talented. Meadowbrook has the best player. Everyone else seems bunched up. WH makes a run every few years. St. C looks like they have the horses but they gave up over 90 to Bellaire and lost games to Barnesville and Union Local. Maysville seems inconsistent and JG has a few recent bad losses to Morgan and Harrison. I’d put my $ on the top two

basketballlover
Waterboy

Best I could find... please correct if wrong. I'm putting them in order by wins, not necessarily best teams

East Liverpool 12-3
Tri-Valley 10-3
New Philadelphia 10-3
Meadowbrook 10-3
Beaver 10-6
John Glenn 9-5
Indian Valley 9-5
St. Clairsville 8-4
River View 8-7
Maysville 8-7
Steubenville 7-6
West Holmes 7-6
Indian Creek 6-9
Cambridge 5-9
Minerva 4-10
Claymont 2-11
Carrollton 2-12
Philo 2-12

E High
All State

Post by E High »

When tournament time comes. Like another sports , who has the best defense and can score when needed. I like Philly, Tri valley and meadowbrook that order. It’s a brutal district.

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

Tri-Valley has a big game with Dover at TV on feb.5, hopefully they will get to play this game, might give a little insight how Philly would stack up against TV, Dover and Philly meet again this Friday at Dover, another good battle between two good teams

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

hhawk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:55 pm Yea BobcatQB,they got alot more then Morrison boy now,the Wells boy is there leading scorer, and now two other starters , that are deadly outside shooters,there not real big , probably 6'2" is there biggest, but they have guys that are real quick and can jump like crazy West Holmes plays Hiland Tuesday at home,this will tell me more about them
I covered them last game of 2020/2021 and first game of 2021/2022 vs Cambridge. Cambridge has a totally different team this year and isn't very good but got the W. I realize it was their first game this year b/c of extended football. They were aggressive on defense and that's what kept them in it. If Morrison isn't leading the team, then they will definitely have a chance to bust some brackets.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Love the input. It's going to be a hard fought district with up to five having a chance. I get to sit back and watch a lot of good ball. One thing I see is most of these teams are senior laden. I know Maysville is young and TV will reload adding to a couple underclassman who start. The district is going to be a lot different next year.

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

West Holmes and Hiland had another hard fought battle last between bitter rivials,west Holmes is very quick with there hands,force Hiland into 17 TO's for the game that's the most in one game for the Hawks this season, but Hiland won on the boards 31-19,it was back and forth all night,till two minutes to go in the game, when the Hawks went on a10-2 run to close out the game

Return to “Boys Basketball”