EAST DISTRICT D2

E High
All State

Re: EAST DISTRICT D2

Post by E High »

Indian Valley appears to be playing well. Any players back recently who may have been hurt or Covid ?

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

Not sure about Indian Valley,if covid or had some injuries that might have set them back some,I know they thump Sandy Valley pretty good both times,it will be a good one Friday,when Indian Valley travels to Hiland,in another dog fight in the IVC South Division

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Heading to New Philadelphia tonight to watch the quakers vs Steubenville. It will be a good test after losing to Dover last night. Back to back games and against a Steubenville team that will test your maturity. Im hyped for this one Knock off Big Red and I'll put them with Meadowbrook. If they win by more than 12 Ill put them with TV. Im not penalizing then for a loss though. They may just be too worn out tonight. East Liverpool and St.C also meet tonight. It's that time of the year to start seeing who is who. I would expect EL to handle St.C if the hype is real and if so they go to the top also. They have to show against St.C. and their big post for me.

TV handled Sheridan last night. TV and Meadowbrook controlled everyone so far in both the big and small MVL. Maysville is still a rabid dog opponent but with no size. They won last night easily.

Meadowbrook has John Glenn Tuesday but I think they are done being challenged schedule-wise after that barring an upset or inhouse tinkering. The only big name team left is Zanesville who is not good at the D1 level but will give them a game I think. So their resume will be what it is. Losses to DeSales, Ready and big to TV.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Big red getting rolled with mid court press 0-12 all quakers with a big dunk for emphasis
Last edited by Riverrats on Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

New Philadelphia won by 17. At one point it was 23-2 and the coach pulled several of the starters for Big Red. Phaeton Hill without a point in the first half and sat. They were put back in a made a run in the second half to cut it to 9 with Hill hitting four threes. In the end Steubenville couldn't survive the early press, couldn't make free throws and had several costly turnovers. I'll try and stay diplomatic but Steubenville has some serious rotational and personnel issues. They could easily be a serious contender but are becoming an easier out than expected.
New Philadelphia is good...Big, well coached, and deep. I feel like they should be the #2 with TV the #1 based only off scheduling. I feel like East Liverpool and Meadowbrook look like the #3/4 no particular order as of now.
Maysville, St.C. IV, 5,6, 7ish no particular order after the potters knock off the devils in the buckeye 8.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Riverrats wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:37 pm New Philadelphia won by 17. At one point it was 23-2 and the coach pulled several of the starters for Big Red. Phaeton Hill without a point in the first half and sat. They were put back in a made a run in the second half to cut it to 9 with Hill hitting four threes. In the end Steubenville couldn't survive the early press, couldn't make free throws and had several costly turnovers. I'll try and stay diplomatic but Steubenville has some serious rotational and personnel issues. They could easily be a serious contender but are becoming an easier out than expected.
New Philadelphia is good...Big, well coached, and deep. I feel like they should be the #2 with TV the #1 based only off scheduling. I feel like East Liverpool and Meadowbrook look like the #3/4 no particular order as of now.
Maysville, St.C. IV, 5,6, 7ish no particular order after the potters knock off the devils in the buckeye 8.
Riverrats wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:37 pm New Philadelphia won by 17. At one point it was 23-2 and the coach pulled several of the starters for Big Red. Phaeton Hill without a point in the first half and sat. They were put back in a made a run in the second half to cut it to 9 with Hill hitting four threes. In the end Steubenville couldn't survive the early press, couldn't make free throws and had several costly turnovers. I'll try and stay diplomatic but Steubenville has some serious rotational and personnel issues. They could easily be a serious contender but are becoming an easier out than expected.
. Pretty much agree.

ADM7
Waterboy

Post by ADM7 »

Carrollton went on the road and knocked off West Holmes Saturday, and Minerva won at Claymont. Minerva has a potent scorer in Costea and Carrollton got their PG back from an injury that forced him out first 10 games. Both teams play in a very tough league this year. They will both be very tournament tested.

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

West Holmes did not look good at all against Carrollton,if they were looking at Carrollton record or what,was not the same team that played with Hiland most of the game, Indian Valley did beat Maysville in early December,I think Indian Valley is probably playing the best basketball in the IVC South Division right now

basketballlover
Waterboy

Post by basketballlover »

Over the weekend.... Carrollton upset West Holmes and then beat D1 and EBC leading Alliance last night. Warriors picking up steam from the bottom of the standings. Minerva defeated Claymont At Claymont on Saturday to ensure they will stay ahead of the mustangs in the standings. Indian Creek looked good again too... Of course, all these teams are in bottom half but nice to see some improvement during a tough year from them all.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

D1 Dover beats Tri Valley 76-43 at TV. 18-0 to start. Does this leapfrog New Phila over Dover since Phila and Dover split? Also opens the door for EL and Meadowbrook to improve seeding over TV if they falter more and they finish strong? Didn't go to the game so not sure what happened.

St. C loses in ot by 11 to Wheeling Central. No surprise there for me and really means nothing. WC at the top of WVa schools St.C high average Ohio.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

Riverrats wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:40 pm D1 Dover beats Tri Valley 76-43 at TV. 18-0 to start. Does this leapfrog New Phila over Dover since Phila and Dover split? Also opens the door for EL and Meadowbrook to improve seeding over TV if they falter more and they finish strong? Didn't go to the game so not sure what happened.

St. C loses in ot by 11 to Wheeling Central. No surprise there for me and really means nothing. WC at the top of WVa schools St.C high average Ohio.
that’s a pretty good beat down, to bad dover isn’t d2

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

blackshooky wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:21 pm
Riverrats wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:40 pm D1 Dover beats Tri Valley 76-43 at TV. 18-0 to start. Does this leapfrog New Phila over Dover since Phila and Dover split? Also opens the door for EL and Meadowbrook to improve seeding over TV if they falter more and they finish strong? Didn't go to the game so not sure what happened.

that’s a pretty good beat down, to bad dover isn’t d2

Or fortunately if you are D2 lol. Dover and Phila always float on that D1/D2 ledge. Fortunately for low level D2 they have been D1 for the last few years. Dover handled a pretty solid Linsly team also this year. Wojick has put together a solidly recruited legit prep team at Linsly that Dover schooled. I do think it says a lot about New Philadelphia for splitting with Dover The quakers are in the D2 mix at the top, so we will see how this all plays out.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Seeds:
(1) New Philadelphia
(2) Tri-Valley
(3) East Liverpool
(4) Meadowbrook
(5) Indian Valley
(6) St. Clairsville
(7) John Glenn
(8) Maysville
(9) Steubenville
(10) Beaver
(11) West Holmes
(12) River View
(13) Indian Creek
(14) Minerva
(15) Carrollton
(16) Cambridge
(17) Claymont
(18) Philo

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

if and i know what goes with all that, dover would be the best team out of the east and beat anybody in the southeast district (pile on seo)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

blackshooky wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:13 pm if and i know what goes with all that, dover would be the best team out of the east and beat anybody in the southeast district (pile on seo)
From what I’ve heard of Dover this year, there’s nothing to argue about. They are stacked.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:42 am
blackshooky wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:13 pm if and i know what goes with all that, dover would be the best team out of the east and beat anybody in the southeast district (pile on seo)
From what I’ve heard of Dover this year, there’s nothing to argue about. They are stacked.
That's what I am hearing too. I was surprised at how deep New Philadelphia was off the bench also. I pretty much agree with the order listed above.

dpatty
Freshman Team

Post by dpatty »

3A9C919B-DB26-44C3-8BC1-7A97AF892BEA.png

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

I'm seeing a juicy East L. Tri Valley matchup. I also think the top of that bracket between I.V., Maysville, Steubenville will be nice. Steubenville has a lot of size that could give Maysville problems despite Maysville being better all around. I.V. sitting there could also cause some problems. Phila walks to the District Semis to probably play Meadowbrook though. The colts size and Singleton have to be the favorites against the other three, to meet New Philadelphia.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Tough district. They’ll be some good games and some upsets.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

New Philly loses at Warren tonight 47-44 ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”