Friday,1/14/22 games and scores

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Re: Friday,1/14/22 games and scores

Post by BillyBob21 »

Ballfan20 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:59 pm Oh the refs at Western tonight were terrible. Both sides though. I’m pretty sure both teams were in the double bonus in the 1st quarter. Or very early in the second. The coach had all the reason to be upset, but in his position you still have to act properly. ND is a good ball club, and put up a good game. The Indians were after every lose ball, rebound, and their defense was better. That was the difference maker.
With 2 minutes left in the 3 quarter Western had 3 fouls and ND had 4 and ND was down by only 3 points. By 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter Western had 5 fouls and ND had 14 fouls. And ND was down by 18.. ND was all over loose balls too but the difference was they would get in the tie up but instead of jump balls they called fouls on ND… so the refs were the overall difference
makers so you can try and smoke screen it all you want. Video is out there cause it was live streamed so you can see for yourself that the whole game changed when ND got within 3 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd! And eject a coach on one technical foul from half a court away. Then call another technical foul that looked like it was toward the coach but when the coach appeared to ask why the ref says it’s on a player at the very end of the bench. Come on! Worse lopsided officiated game I have ever watched and I would hope that this is reviewed and this crew be stripped but we all know that will never happen!!

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

I agree it was one sided and very poorly called.
They looked like a 1st year varsity crew tbh.
Crazy 🤪

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I just watched the live stream of the Western and Notre Dame game. Here are a couple of my thoughts. 1. The officiating had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of that game. 2. Was there a few things missed? Sure. But it looked like a fine called game.

Not once while I was watching that game did I think the officials were out to get Notre Dame nor did I think wow these guys aren’t very good

JustAnObserver
Waterboy

Post by JustAnObserver »

Super trooper wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:14 am I just watched the live stream of the Western and Notre Dame game. Here are a couple of my thoughts. 1. The officiating had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of that game. 2. Was there a few things missed? Sure. But it looked like a fine called game.

Not once while I was watching that game did I think the officials were out to get Notre Dame nor did I think wow these guys aren’t very good
Yep. I will say the coach didn’t deserve to be thrown out. A technical for what he said would have been enough. But the actual game was not called one sided as some are claiming.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth played its best game of the season with a 72-61 win at South Point. SP was tied for the OVC lead going into the game. The win avenged an earlier 67-61 loss to the Pointers at PHS in early December. Daryionne Bryant led the Trojans with 31 points, even sitting out the 2nd quarter with foul trouble, while Kenny Sanderlin tallied 22. Portsmouth led by 20 going into the 4th quarter, but SP rallied to 68-61 with several 3 pointers.

Portsmouth is now 5-6 overall, and 2-4 in the OVC. The Trojans will host Chesapeake on Tuesday and Fairland on Friday.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Super trooper wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:14 am I just watched the live stream of the Western and Notre Dame game. Here are a couple of my thoughts. 1. The officiating had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of that game. 2. Was there a few things missed? Sure. But it looked like a fine called game.

That’s bull and you know it… ND kids couldn’t come close to Western kids without touch fouls being called. 2 loose ball tie ups but fouls were called on ND but there were no fouls… over and back non call, Now I’m not saying ND would have won. I’m saying these refs change the game. ND down by 3 with 2 minutes to play in the 3rd and fouls were about even. With 3 minutes left in the game fouls were 14ND -5Western. Coach get a technical and toasted over disagree with a foul that was called when they were going for a loose ball tie up. Come on! It changed the whole game!! Do not make excuses for these lousy refs. Even one of the western players on an post game interview even said that is the most free throws they have ever shot in a game…. Z

truetrojan1961
Waterboy

Post by truetrojan1961 »

trojandave wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:36 am Portsmouth played its best game of the season with a 72-61 win at South Point. SP was tied for the OVC lead going into the game. The win avenged an earlier 67-61 loss to the Pointers at PHS in early December. Daryionne Bryant led the Trojans with 31 points, even sitting out the 2nd quarter with foul trouble, while Kenny Sanderlin tallied 22. Portsmouth led by 20 going into the 4th quarter, but SP rallied to 68-61 with several 3 pointers.

Portsmouth is now 5-6 overall, and 2-4 in the OVC. The Trojans will host Chesapeake on Tuesday and Fairland on Friday.
Dave thanks for keeping us posted on Portsmouth , not many Portsmouth people on here much anymore I appreciate all the information you provide our kids deserve just as much recognition as any others , this was a nice win over what I was hearing the best team in the OVC so hope they can get things turned around.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Great post. I also watched the game and I agree with this 100%.

Return to “Boys Basketball”