Scores from tonight ???

transplant
SE

Re: Scores from tonight ???

Post by transplant »

GR30 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:12 am
transplant wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:52 pm Not sure where to post. But valley over burg tonight 58-51. Good game. Burg had a good game plan. Very well coached team. Valley had active hands in the passing lane and made a few free throws late to seal the win. Still need to do better at the free throw line. Also, great job announcing on the livestream. I enjoy listening to them call the game. The one guy is actually a burg student I think, last name raze? And Nolan does a good job too. Very enjoyably. Also pretty neat of valley to allow the rase kid to help us out and call games for us. Very good. Good win. Keep it rolling.
Rase kid here👋🏻 Just appreciate the opportunity to be apart of it. Great crew out at Valley and I have a lot of fun when the invite me on.
Well nice to meet you, sorta. Haha I know your dad. You all do a great job, really appreciate it. Keep up the good work.

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Smeltzy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:30 pm Fairfield Union goes on the road and gets a nice win at Washington Court House.

FU 53
WCH 47
Good win for FU, was WCH at full strength? I don't know much about them but I've read where they've had some injuries throughout the year.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Treyman3 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:50 am
Smeltzy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:30 pm Fairfield Union goes on the road and gets a nice win at Washington Court House.

FU 53
WCH 47
Good win for FU, was WCH at full strength? I don't know much about them but I've read where they've had some injuries throughout the year.
According to an online article in their local newspaper, all their guys played. Says Lemaster had 20, Wall had 7, Colter had 6. FU must've done a great job on Colter if he only had 6.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Treyman3 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:50 am

FU 53
WCH 47
All of their primary players played, but two starters were battling illness. Not an excuse and not saying it would have changed the outcome of the game.

WCH led by 1 heading to the 4th quarter. Colter was more of a facilitator and was trying to get others involved. Should have had several more assists, but WCH couldn't handle the passes. Also, open shots that Colter normally makes didn't drop for him last night. They played more through LeMaster, as evidenced by his 20 points.

Give credit to FU, they played tough and did what they needed to do to earn the road victory. This sectional could be a lot of fun to watch.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Chesapeake Panthers on their 62-59 win @Portsmouth. As biggdowgg posted earlier, the Panthers were severely outrebounded but they only committed 4 turnovers to the Trojans' 17. Portsmouth also shot a miserable 7-16 from the FT line, and combined with the turnovers, resulted in a Panther sweep of PHS. Portsmouth is tied with Rock Hill and Coal Grove for 6-7-8 place in the OVC. PHS is 5-7 overall.

Daryionne Bryant and Kenny Sanderlin have had very good seasons to date for the Trojans. Bryant led PHS with 19 points, while Sanderlin chipped in 17.

Levi Blankenship is an outstanding player, and his 30 points was the 4th time that an individual player scored at least 30 against Portsmouth just this season. Ashbaugh of Whiteoak with 44, Zimmerman of Minford with 40, Porter of Fairland with 30, and Blankenship of Chesapeake with 30. It has been a long standing problem going back several years that 1 player has dominated the Trojans. Clayton Thomas of Fairland bombed 3's year after year and PHS couldn't seem to guard him. He scored 29 last season at PHS. Corey Borders of Coal Grove was another player who had a 30 point game vs. the Trojans a couple of years ago.

Portsmouth is 0-3 in OVC play at home, with the 3 losses by a total of 14 points.

The Trojans won on the road at Coal Grove and South Point last week, and are 2-3 on the road.

Portsmouth's inconsistent play leaves me wondering which Trojan team will show up vs. Fairland. I would have to think that having lost 14 in a row to the Dragons, that the Trojans would play very inspired. But I really don't know what to expect. This I know, PHS has not done a good job taking care of their home court in conference play.

GO TROJANS!!

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Clayton Thomas was one of those players you love to hate because of our rivalry with Fairland. You had to stay with him because he could light you up as soon as he crossed half court. He was also a good passer.
He is now refereeing, and done one of Peake's jv games. He did a good job and it helps that he has that basketball knowledge. With that I think it will make him good referee.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

peake71 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:01 pm Clayton Thomas was one of those players you love to hate because of our rivalry with Fairland. You had to stay with him because he could light you up as soon as he crossed half court. He was also a good passer.
He is now refereeing, and done one of Peake's jv games. He did a good job and it helps that he has that basketball knowledge. With that I think it will make him good referee.
Does Chesapeake have a livestream? Thanks

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

No livestream that I know of.

Return to “Boys Basketball”